• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

899 in-game rating now, +20ish from last rating. Still a better IRL disc golfer for now.. ;) Thanks to etdefender for keeping me playing. It's nice to have a distraction that doesn't involve social media. I'm usually on and playing a few rounds a night right before bed time. Watch out for "1ST3RDBUD" from Canada!

I may have to try that!

I should mention too that the degree of anny depends on the wind, and sometimes a full throw is not required, like on a tailwind. I aim a bit right of default to miss the first available tree. :)

If GG #6 is the one I'm thinking off I go Light Glide Ballista on an anny round the back and over the trees, everynow and again I go too extreme on the anny and sail off down the river but I normally err on the side of caution and end up on top of the tunnel at worst with most ending on the green for an eagle look.
My worst case scenario is with a tailwind, aim lower for that. Worst case is I get pushed often to a space of greenery left of the arch up top that is listed as in-bounds but tends to call me OB.

I have gotten better and shoot in the mid 900s sometimes, but my PT rating is still just 799. Trying to get better but it's still an uphill battle.

This has been brought up on the Facebook group, but not here. So for anyone who doesn't know:

If you're working on raising your tour rating and either running out of time or the game crashes and gives you a 100 at the last second, you don't necessarily have to take the ratings hit. The tour ends at 5 pm Pacific 48 hours after the last round becomes available, but your rating won't actually update until you open the Pro Tour. Meaning you can still grind out more rounds after the end of the tour, and the new rounds will still count toward your rating as long as you haven't opened the Pro Tour.

Or you can learn how I did and gleefully force quit a few bad rounds as soon as the tour ends thinking that you're safe to do so, only to watch your rating drop 250 points and knock you into Advanced as soon as you open the Tour :D.

More skepticism on the daily tourneys...I don't believe people have enough hours in the day to throw a -16 on a layout with 3 eagle holes. That's several aces/albatrosses on top of perfect play. There is too much variance for this to happen consistently. Exploits are occurring.

More skepticism on the daily tourneys...I don't believe people have enough hours in the day to throw a -16 on a layout with 3 eagle holes. That's several aces/albatrosses on top of perfect play. There is too much variance for this to happen consistently. Exploits are occurring.

Nope
They're that good

On the ace line holes, they can hit it one out of five, maybe one of three. There's usually only three or four holes you have to grind in any daily. They restart a ton, but there's been plenty of videos of the low rounds without exploits

Last edited:
I am pretty sure using the Ballista with extra turn and extra glide has cost me more strokes than it has saved me. It's really touchy and the shanks are really bad, but it is also the longest disc in my bag.

No exploits. It's worked out ace lines and repetition. The eagles are formalities and the Aces run with a bit of luck but very controlled luck. A few of those holes are around 1 in 3 to 1in 4 ace chances so not huge amounts of repetition is required to get all of them especially if one is the first hole.

I am pretty sure using the Ballista with extra turn and extra glide has cost me more strokes than it has saved me. It's really touchy and the shanks are really bad, but it is also the longest disc in my bag.

It was a much better disc before the most recent software update. I still bag my turn/glide Ballista, but my wind/glide Ballista is now getting used a lot more since I can almost reach max distance lines but can do so with a lot more accuracy.

I think if you're going to bag the turn/glide Ballista, then you really need a second more controllable Ballista in the bag with it.

Worth the watch to see the thought process for how they do it.
He was just effing around (not the full grind) and didn't even have ace lines for every hole and casually put himself on the top of the leaderboard
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MqEU4TwtlBo&feature=youtu.be

Exactly this. It's a repeatable game. If you put in enough time and practice you'll learn how to consistently throw in from 150-200'. Those of us who aren't on the leaderboard might play an hour a day on average. But people like Herman Davenport (aka Bagger) play more than you want to know. He posted his playing times a few weeks back for a full tour cycle, and he was averaging probably 7.5 hours a day. His lightest day was 5 hours. And he's already one of the best players on the game. So if you put in that kind of time consistently you can absolutely knock off a -16 in the daily a few months down the road. Or you can be like me. Throw whatever you want to throw on the daily, take your 150 xp, and go do something else.

Exactly this. It's a repeatable game. If you put in enough time and practice you'll learn how to consistently throw in from 150-200'. Those of us who aren't on the leaderboard might play an hour a day on average. But people like Herman Davenport (aka Bagger) play more than you want to know. He posted his playing times a few weeks back for a full tour cycle, and he was averaging probably 7.5 hours a day. His lightest day was 5 hours. And he's already one of the best players on the game. So if you put in that kind of time consistently you can absolutely knock off a -16 in the daily a few months down the road. Or you can be like me. Throw whatever you want to throw on the daily, take your 150 xp, and go do something else.

Or be like me. I only get to play an hour or so most days, and choose not to use it grinding the daily. Sometimes, I'll play the first hole until I ace it - then run through the rest of the round and call it good. It's been a long time since I've done anything more extensive than that. I choose to spend my limited time on the game playing MP and the tour

I'm hoping there will be only one more giant influx of great ratings submissions to the Hall of Fame list I created and that it will slow down after that. That eats up some of my available play time!!
SPOILER ALERT: The next HOF update will have at least six people with 1000 or higher ratings.

Last edited:
I know the game is easier on v 0.912 than it was previously but HOF (950+ rating for now) is still Top 100 out of 8500 on the Facebook page (and well over 15K overall)! By way of comparison, 15000+ people have played MLB and they have 330 or so in their Hall
An average rating that high is difficult because there are so many MP layouts with Sunshine and/or Blueberry holes that are impossible to shoot 950 on without a couple of aces. Plus, you could get crappy winds and your rating suffers. It's still a tremendous accomplishment to reach a 950 rating, even though it is easier than it once was

Is it just me or have the 1000xp reward discs been crappy since the last update that added roll? I haven't gotten a good disc in 20 levels. They could at least offer up different colors for the popular discs.

Yup, the daily is what I use as a warm up round. If I do ok I play my Pro Tour round, if I play bad I play a multiplayer round or two then play my Pro Tour round.

Hey rocthecourse! I'm guessing this was you. Nice ace!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-174712_DiscGolf.jpg
    Screenshot_20200530-174712_DiscGolf.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts