• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

It's not bad, but somethings could use some work. Putting is inconsistent sometimes with power, and places where disc should roll or slide off a cliff have the disc get stuck too often. On the other hand, I've had a couple of times where the disc should've stopped sliding, but went up and over the ridge and into the OB creek.

I've been playing since August back when my ability to play RL DG diminished greatly b/c of work and other reasons. There's three players universally considered the best at DGV, then a group of about 20 or so in the second tier (I'm in that group - M19HTYERIC is my screen name). I probably know the answer to any question you have about the game.

There has been a HUGE recent influx of new players after Lizotte/Eagle, then Lizotte/Big Jerm posted videos of playing it. As a result, the servers have been a bit glitchy lately

FYI https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscGolfValley/

I'm at the point now of trying to get 3 stars on Grizzly Gulch to unlock the Recoil. At the moment I'm not even getting close to getting a birdie of every hole, so I'm about to just give up. Sounds like the developer isn't really active on it either, although with the recent events maybe he will get back to work on more features?

Hey there M19HTYERIC ! Any suggestions on the best way to unlock Recoil or other HS driver? Thanks!

Last edited:

I'm at the point now of trying to get 3 stars on Grizzly Gulch to unlock the Recoil. At the moment I'm not even getting close to getting a birdie of every hole, so I'm about to just give up. Sounds like the developer isn't really active on it either, although with the recent events maybe he will get back to work on more features?

I would refer you to the Facebook page (Disc Golf Valley Players Page) for better info (certainly about game play) than the Reddit page - although the developer of the game reads the Reddit (I think)

Don't give up. Keep playing multiplayer games - it only takes 7 or 8 of them to level up, regardless of how well you shoot. You'll eventually get better discs and eventually learn how to maximize their benefit. Even with a Musket as your longest disc, you still should be able to have a chance to birdie every hole unless you have an impossible wind. The Recoil and Ballista primarily just open the longer holes for eagle possibilities

Last edited:
My one piece of game play advice:

You absolutely MUST learn how to make your "throw-in" shots from 100 feet and in. I mean like make 95%-plus of everything under 60 feet, and around 2/3 (or better) of the 61-100 footers. It takes a lot of practice, but eventually becomes second nature.
Is the game putting you at a single aimpoint that's pointed at the same spot every time, or is there significant variation in the starting point and you need to totally eyeball it every time?

Is the game putting you at a single aimpoint that's pointed at the same spot every time, or is there significant variation in the starting point and you need to totally eyeball it every time?

I don't count on the default lineup being correct - although it often is - and set up my aim (eyeball it - to use your term) every shot

I don't count on the default lineup being correct - although it often is - and set up my aim (eyeball it - to use your term) every shot
Gotcha. I wasn't assuming it was correct necessarily by default - for example maybe it is set to aim at the bottom of the basket every time, and the adjustment is on you or else the wind and angle could save you if you leave it. I've had the app for a few weeks, still like level 1. Do you ever switch to the putting mode?

Gotcha. I wasn't assuming it was correct necessarily by default - for example maybe it is set to aim at the bottom of the basket every time, and the adjustment is on you or else the wind and angle could save you if you leave it. I've had the app for a few weeks, still like level 1. Do you ever switch to the putting mode?

Inside of 30' (mostly) unless I have to go through a tree or precisely aim it.

I'd rather have a 40-45 footer to throw in than a 30 foot putt, in most cases.

Inside of 30' (mostly) unless I have to go through a tree or precisely aim it.

I'd rather have a 40-45 footer to throw in than a 30 foot putt, in most cases.
Gotcha. Thanks for the tips. That's all really helpful - tells me a lot about where its plausible to get on that particular part of the game. I was trying to focus heavily on driving to score, but clearly the throw ins are what need to really get hit. I was also trying to focus on slowing down the throw in all the way to the tap-in instead of switching to the putt.

I'll definitely keep this in mind later. Tis appreciated.

Pretty addictive! Still unlocking discs, but will definitely start trying to play other people once I have a decent bag

Seems like the money putter for throw-ins is the Pure but man the blow-by results can be brutal. Do any of the really good players use something else?

I'm at the point now of trying to get 3 stars on Grizzly Gulch to unlock the Recoil.

Sure that reward is always a Recoil?

I unlocked one at about level 12, after doing all of the stars except Crow's Nest and Grizzly Gulch 3rd stars.

The best way to grind levels is multiplayer btw. But it's sometimes glitchy when players drop. Also, people have been hacking the hell out of the scoreboards and tournaments lately and it's quite annoying.

Definitely need to get good at throw-ins from 50-100 ft. That was good advice.

Also, people have been hacking the hell out of the scoreboards and tournaments lately and it's quite annoying.

FB page says that the exploits are supposed to be fixed this weekend so that should help.

Latest posts