• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Is it just me or have the 1000xp reward discs been crappy since the last update that added roll? I haven't gotten a good disc in 20 levels. They could at least offer up different colors for the popular discs.

It's just you. I've gotten some pretty good discs, including one I'd really been wanting for weeks.

It's just you. I've gotten some pretty good discs, including one I'd really been wanting for weeks.

Yeah, I think there's just a lot of randomness. I did finally get the Wind/Acc Explorer, but that was right before the update, when a lot of top players started dropping it. Now I see a lot (from those URDIZZLE videos, thanks etdefender!) are using others like the River (Acc/Glide or Acc/Wind?) instead, so I guess I'll have to look for one of those.

As a side note, I also noticed he had a Wind/Glide Ballista in the bag for at least a couple rounds. I had been wondering if it exists, and it obviously does. I'll be on the lookout.

Running this bag now...

picture.php

Before the update, there was a "universal" six discs that everyone carried in their MP/Tour bag, with only variations in the Musket (Glide v. Wind) and Pure (Glide v. Sticky)

After the update, there's many varieties of bags run by the HOFers - definitely more interesting now!!

I'm basically running the same bag and have struggled to use it. I'm finally getting back to hitting >95% from inside 60' with the acc/sticky Pure. It requires more touch but I still prefer it to using the Fuse. But to be fair, I haven't tried real hard to adjust.

Even the Acc/Wind Explorer is still very useful. I guess it does mess up some ace runs with the newfound end fade, but sometimes that's also nice.

Before the update, there was a "universal" six discs that everyone carried in their MP/Tour bag, with only variations in the Musket (Glide v. Wind) and Pure (Glide v. Sticky)

After the update, there's many varieties of bags run by the HOFers - definitely more interesting now!!

cough cough.... and Fuse/compass. Still team #compass over here. I just don't get the Fuse love!

Haha, been awhile since I played it.. Fired it up and the updates are nice, lefty mode is messing me up though haha. I thought I'd like it but I keep forgetting it fades the other way. I like what they did with the putting too.. Glad I had the explorer already.

cough cough.... and Fuse/compass. Still team #compass over here. I just don't get the Fuse love!

I loved the Fuse until either .912, or the update before, when it actually flew nice and straight. Now it seems like I need to put a ton of hyzer angle on it in order for it to fly straight.

On the other hand, I don't get the Compass love. I threw that in there after seeing a few people like it, and I just don't see it so far.

I'm currently bagging:

Glide/Acc Pure
Glide/Acc Fuse
Wind/Acc River
Light/Wind Recoil
Light/Skip Ballista
Light/Glide Ballista

I've been throwing the River for weeks now. It was to me what everyone told me the Explorer would be. I never got the Explorer but almost didn't care.

I finally got a wind/glide Recoil, threw it for two rounds, and put the light/wind back in. It was my first Recoil and I just know it so well that I don't see the point in changing.

Same with the glide Fuse. I dumped it for a wind/acc for a long time, but it never felt as right to me as the wind/glide does.

And that light/skip Ballista has been a game changer for me in 912. I added it just a few days ago when someone issued the challenge to eagle every hole on Oak Hill. I quickly gave up on that challenge, but in the process I tried out some other drivers and that one made a massive difference in my scores on a lot of the long holes. It would probably bump the light/glide one completely if it wasn't for the albatross and the island hopper holes.

I have some good Compasses in the bag. I'll have to give them a try. Fuse is still really straight, but yeah it needs some hyzer. I'm not a Fuse master, but have definitely had some good throw-ins and aces.

My fuse (ac glide) starts a tiny bit right and goes straight as a pin almost the entire flight. Doesn't seem affected by wind much at all. Alas, it does not hyzer well so on holes where need that I disc up to an explorer.

I use the fuse on longer putts over 80' now. Just seems easier to control. Use it on all my shorter ace runs.

Changed my pure for a roller ballista. Went straight into the pro tour round. Had an eagle on a par 4 i never eagled before with a nice roller. Dont think i need putters any more for this version.

This will be a hard one to fix for the devs. Maybe introduce a random element in putting when not putting with a putter?

No more putters??

A large number of the top players (including most or all of the folks who will have 1000+ ratings when they drop tonight) have switched out their putter for an extra driver and use the Fuse for any and all (flat ground) shots under 240' or so.

It's really not that much of an adjustment - I miss an occasional putt with the putting mechanics, but all the throw-ins more than makes up for it. Plus, adding the Turn/roll Ballista has opened up a few more eagle possibilities (and that will increase once I practice the roller more)

Tl;dr... there is no reason to have any disc shorter than a Fuse in your bag in this version of the game!

Starting to get the hang of this game, but still somewhat inconsistent. Just had a 990 round where I gave up 3 strokes on missed throw-ins. Leveled up and got the accurate/glide Fuse. I have been using the accurate/glide Pure. From what it sounds like, this should be a swap to make in the bag.

Has anyone else managed to land a disc on edge and have it balance? I was screwing around trying to throw an "ace" with a vertical release angle and this one hit the ground and rolled, then stopped without falling over.

Finally cracked 900 after a -32 pro tour (no choke rounds, though no impressive ones). Gonna be a tough haul to 950, though 925 doesn't seem very hard.

Latest posts