• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Any of the new discs in the purchasable packs seem like must gets?

Eagle: The Instinct is basically an Explorer, the Razor Claw isn't much different (maybe a bit longer) than an Acc/Glide Pure

Simon: the Tilt is useless and the Link is only useful as a putting putter since it doesn't have the Accurate modifier which is critical for throw-ins

Silver: I would never bag a Pioneer and use a different putter for putting than the Keystone

That said...if you have the disposable income, buy the packs. One of the earlier players {Lauri, I think) said recently that he made something like 90% of his sponsor/endorsement income from the DGV player pack. The money really does go all to them

Last edited:
Eagle: The Instinct is basically an Explorer, the Razor Claw isn't much different (maybe a bit longer) than an Acc/Glide Pure
Sounds worth it.
That said...if you have the disposable income, buy the packs. One of the earlier players {Lauri, I think) said recently that he made something like 90% of his sponsor/endorsement income from the DGV player pack. The money really does go all to them
Its either this or an audiobook. lol

Anyone else play the Emporia course yet?

I don't play much but jumped on to kill some time and went to the tournaments section and there was a two round B-tier called Country Club.

First round was the front nine of Emporia and the second round was the back nine.

I don't see the course anywhere else in the game right now but it was definitely cool to play a game version of a real life course rather than the made up ones.

I managed a -7 and hit cage on hole 16.

Sounds worth it.

In case you're still deciding, or for anyone else wondering, Eagle's pack is worth it imo.
The Instinct flies identically to a +Acc/Wind Explorer. Which for me just meant a cosmetic upgrade to a non-fugly colored disc. The Razor Claw has the same stability as the Dagger, but flies ~25'/8m further than a +glide Pure. Difference seems tiny, but it's surprised me how often that little extra distance has come in handy

I don't see the course anywhere else in the game right now but it was definitely cool to play a game version of a real life course rather than the made up ones.

For the moment Emporia is only available in the tournaments, and practice rounds.

Comment from the "What's New In Version 1.087" thread on the DGV sub place about it:

From conversations with the developer, two reasons:
1. ECC isn't in [Challenge The Valley] because he thinks real life courses (there will be more) don't really fit there. There will likely be a game mode specifically for them later, but for now other enhancements took priority.

2. ECC isn't in [MultiPlayer] or [Pro Tour] environments because they produce ratings which requires quality hole completion data. The data for ECC was very skewed, so we'll probably wait for a lot of people to play the new AI tournaments to get a better representation. Otherwise any time ECC showed up in MP or PT, the ratings would be crazy inflated.

For the moment Emporia is only available in the tournaments, and practice rounds.

Comment from the "What's New In Version 1.087" thread on the DGV sub place about it:

From conversations with the developer, two reasons:
1. ECC isn't in [Challenge The Valley] because he thinks real life courses (there will be more) don't really fit there. There will likely be a game mode specifically for them later, but for now other enhancements took priority.

2. ECC isn't in [MultiPlayer] or [Pro Tour] environments because they produce ratings which requires quality hole completion data. The data for ECC was very skewed, so we'll probably wait for a lot of people to play the new AI tournaments to get a better representation. Otherwise any time ECC showed up in MP or PT, the ratings would be crazy inflated.
and "play with friends"
The holes for ECC are also available for use by event operators. Last night on TNT Brandon Patrick had some ECC holes in use in mixes with other courses, and he also had a mixed-ECC layout that was played.

Also the prize last night for completing all 4 rounds was a L/G BPro, if anyone still needs one. He usually keeps the events open for 24 hours, so go to events and use the code tntw4sapphire and play all four rounds.

If you're gonna do that, please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90xiTzMVrqk and hit the like button really quick to help out Brandon in exchange for him setting up the events. Small price to pay for the L/G BPro.

I came in at -34 last night. Not spectacular, but it got me to Finals. :)

Also the prize last night for completing all 4 rounds was a L/G BPro, if anyone still needs one. He usually keeps the events open for 24 hours, so go to events and use the code tntw4sapphire and play all four rounds.

It's not the same reward for everyone

Some people even get "the Grail"

Meanwhile, I got another fvcking Havoc (which seems to be what I always get after events).

It's not the same reward for everyone

Meanwhile, I got another fvcking Havoc (which seems to be what I always get after events).
Really? I thought they were all the same. Posts I'd seen on Reddit had people saying they'd gotten same as me in events the past few weeks. Hm.
maxresdefault.jpg

The holes for ECC are also available for use by event operators. Last night on TNT Brandon Patrick had some ECC holes in use in mixes with other courses, and he also had a mixed-ECC layout that was played.

If you're gonna do that, please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90xiTzMVrqk and hit the like button really quick to help out Brandon in exchange for him setting up the events. Small price to pay for the L/G BPro.

I came in at -34 last night. Not spectacular, but it got me to Finals. :)
-35 only got me a Roll/glide ballista, not pro...Oh well.

Are these done every TH night? Where can I find the next one?

Yeah I was clearly wrong about the prizes. :(

They're done on alternating Thursdays and Fridays in the evening, and Mondays in the afternoon (geared toward Euros). Subscribe to the YouTube channel for the video I linked, Hops n Hyzer, and hit the bell for notifications - that'll get you notified when he sets up a live stream.

I have a lot of fun with them. Last night had the NBA on TV, the live stream of this on my phone, and was playing on my tablet. Once the player meeting ends the rounds drop every 10 minutes. If you're top 50 (with ties) at the end of the fourth round you qualify for Finals. Which clears the slate, score-wise, and those 50 play 2 rounds (on same timer) for the win - which is a gift cert to (usually) the Lat64 or DD store.

You guys are getting DDs besides Recoils? I think I get at least 5 recoil rewards for every Ballista, Havoc, or BP reward. Plus even when I do draw one it's got horrible attributes. I have 1 good Havoc(skip/glide) and 1 good BP(light/skip), and both were bought from the store :doh:

Before last night I'd not payed attention to DGV stuff for quite a while, what's "the Grail"?
An actual disc name, a stamp, or just a top meta disc like a glide/skip BP?

The Grail is the Extra Glide/Big Skip Ballista Pro as it has the most distance potential after the skip.

Before that, it was the Light/Glide Ballista Pro because it has the most in-air distance potential.

The Extra Glide/Big Skip BP has never been in the shop, so you can only earn it through level ups or challenges.

Some people wait hundreds of levels to get it.

The Grail is the Extra Glide/Big Skip Ballista Pro as it has the most distance potential after the skip.

Before that, it was the Light/Glide Ballista Pro because it has the most in-air distance potential.

The Extra Glide/Big Skip BP has never been in the shop, so you can only earn it through level ups or challenges.

I got my grail just a few days ago.. At level 99

Gotcha.
That's what I figured it was, but figured I'd ask since they've been adding so many new discs/stamps lately. :thmbup:

Next week it will be Friday. The Thursday/Friday events rotate every week. If you can play Mondays at 11am pacific time, they have a Monday event geared towards the European folks (Monday night over there), but still open to everyone

And some people (me) are level 769 without one. It is a competitive disadvantage and a sore spot for me at this point

Most other mobile games would at least let you "whale out" to get it. Put it behind a paywall and make a few bucks off of it. I'd be fine with that approach, as long as it doesn't get too out of control. You gotta think the meta is going to shift as new discs are released. Imagine a Cloud Breaker 3 release timed with the real one.

Innova makes the DD3, so I doubt that'll happen. I also have a borderline fanatical negative reaction to games that are micro transactional or pay to win, so they would instantly lose me by going that direction.

It's in the shop for sale right now. Get it while it's hot. BP BS ET. It's not Extra Glide, but it's still good.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6C2DD9E7-9201-44D4-859B-DDF3DD3B3F24.jpg
    6C2DD9E7-9201-44D4-859B-DDF3DD3B3F24.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 186
It's in the shop for sale right now. Get it while it's hot. BP BS ET. It's not Extra Glide, but it's still good.

attachment.php
Considering I just got BS/WB I'm gonna sacrifice and wait until the miracle day the Grail appears. But if you've got the coin... Lol.

Latest posts