• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

New course is fun but seems pretty easy, anyone else have that impression? Maybe that's why it isn't at the bottom of the list, i.e. the list is sort of sorted by difficulty level?

New course is fun but seems pretty easy, anyone else have that impression? Maybe that's why it isn't at the bottom of the list, i.e. the list is sort of sorted by difficulty level?
I think you hit the nail on the head.

Lol. My first run through the new course I shot like +17 because I ended up inside the castle and had a heck of a time getting out and figuring out how to get to the basket, and otherwise mostly pars. Second time through I only missed 3 stars because I got stuck under a bridge and it took me 2 throws to get out. Love the new multiplayer! My gf is even getting into the game!

Ooo for iPad?

I was enjoying the beta on Android while it was running. Excited to play it on a bigger screen.
-iPad is the only way I've ever played DGV. I just can't imagine trying it on my iPhone. My tired old eyes probably couldn't handle it. :eek:

Another big update, this time with a Paul McBeth players pack and the official start of adding Discraft discs to the game.

Personally i dont care much for it. They are just selling more and more discs, but honestly the new discs dont do anything that the old ones dont. It's just reskin after reskin to grab more cash. DGV turns more and more into just another mobile game whit the main focus on the ingame cash shop.

One really sees the point where the game went from a one person passion project to a game with a developer studio behind it. The main gameplay is still fun, i still play the new multiplayer mode, but I will not spend any more cash on it.

I hope they get all the brands on board. I don't throw any trilogy, si it would be cool play with discs that I actually use. I RARELY spend money on DGV or any other phone game.

Another big update, this time with a Paul McBeth players pack and the official start of adding Discraft discs to the game.

Personally i dont care much for it. They are just selling more and more discs, but honestly the new discs dont do anything that the old ones dont. It's just reskin after reskin to grab more cash. DGV turns more and more into just another mobile game whit the main focus on the ingame cash shop.

One really sees the point where the game went from a one person passion project to a game with a developer studio behind it. The main gameplay is still fun, i still play the new multiplayer mode, but I will not spend any more cash on it.
What I want to know is what they mean by "bug fixes." If they fixed a few annoying ones with multiplayer I'd be happy without other new content.

They need to fix a few things before i'll play agin.

1. get rid of the graphics which have items behind you blocking your view of the basket.

2. Quit blocking us behind rocks and such, where on the course it's an easy overhand flip, where in the game you have no shot at all.

1. get rid of the graphics which have items behind you blocking your view of the basket.

2. Quit blocking us behind rocks and such, where on the course it's an easy overhand flip, where in the game you have no shot at all.

i think 1 only happens on the beast course. They implemented that fade out graphic a while back.

2: Do you know the around the world putt?

While the lack of an overhand is a frustration with the game - you can get around those objects while you're in putting range. You don't need to putt in the middle of the screen. You can rotate your view and then putt along really any axis toward the basket.

One important thing this video doesn't point out: as you rotate further from middle, the 'release point' for your putt gets lower on your screen, so you need to make sure your finger is into its motion from low on your screen. If you practice it a few times you'll understand.

While the lack of an overhand is a frustration with the game - you can get around those objects while you're in putting range. You don't need to putt in the middle of the screen. You can rotate your view and then putt along really any axis toward the basket.

One important thing this video doesn't point out: as you rotate further from middle, the 'release point' for your putt gets lower on your screen, so you need to make sure your finger is into its motion from low on your screen. If you practice it a few times you'll understand.
Surprised that this is still new to people.

Surprised that this is still new to people.
I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure it out without a community posting about it. I think it should be a part of the in-game tutorial somehow.

I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure it out without a community posting about it. I think it should be a part of the in-game tutorial somehow.

I still haven't mastered it and I've been playing forever - and been aware of this technique for almost as long

The Zeus is basically a Glide Skip Rive with more distance imo, though I don't have an actual G/S Rive to compare...the Luna isn't terrible but it needs less fade imo and a bit more glide (I actually putt with them IRL and am basing the change on that experience).

The Zeus is basically a Glide Skip Rive with more distance imo, though I don't have an actual G/S Rive to compare...the Luna isn't terrible but it needs less fade imo and a bit more glide (I actually putt with them IRL and am basing the change on that experience).
I'd say a LOT of the discs are very different from their real life counterparts.

In terms of in-game testing I threw both GS Rive and GS Zeus in the test field and honestly felt like the difference in distance was negligible.

The Zeus does not have more distance.

However it is only the second time that you can just straight up buy the maximum distance driver for cash. First time was the glide skip cloudbreaker that is in the "glow pack" in the shop.

The developer went 3 years without putting the best driver up for cash before selling to a development studio. Things are changing in the valley.

I agree the zeus is not enough more distance to purchase, but I have thrown it farther than any other disc.
I have an orange extra glide big skip rive I got to 621' on the driving range, the zeus went to 622'.
That glow cloud breaker I couldn't get past 580'.
The eagle mcmahon cloud breaker in the pro shop is more tempting than the zeus.

Latest posts