• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Trade] Disc Golf video exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanicKJ

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Okay I don't have enough money to go out and buy every video on disc golf. However I still want to see them all! So why don't we start an exchange. I am sure that between all of us here on DGCR we have a pretty decent library of DVD's. So we trade, then trade again, then trade again, at the end of the year you have seen 20 differant DVD's and only paid for shipping.

My DVD for trade

Disc Golf Fundamentals (Ken Climo, Dave Feldberg) Great instructional DVD showing differant grips, run ups, stances, putting techniques, and various other tips.

I would like to see another instructional DVD or a good tourny DVD.

Even if you don't want to trade for the DVD I have you could still post one that you would like to trade. This would make it easier to work something out. Really if ten of us had 10 differant dvds we could just ship them in a circle weekly between each other to see them all and could still send the original back to the first owner if you didn't want to trade permanently.

Anybody on board here!

BillnChristy said that he is on board with a video exchange. If we can get a few more people we could exchange addresses and ship them in a circle every two weeks or so. Get to watch a lot of disc golf for minimal cash.

I'm in.
I've got 6 or 8 different DVD's to circulate.

If I forget to post them when I get home, send me a PM and I'll get back into the thread with a list.

Unfortunately I don't have any disc golf DVDs to circulate. I just wanted to chime in and say what a great I idea this is! It's like a DGCR netflix of sorts. If I should ever get a DVD I'll be sure to join your list.

Bump

Once we have enough people interested and get a list of the DVD's that we have between us we can wait another week or two to start to give those who do not already have a DVD a chance to order one.

DGFLIX!

Is the exchange restricted to only retail DVDs (purchased original copies with the case) or are burned copies acceptable?

sleepy

I would much rather send burned copies. Since they are not for sale, it seems okay to send my backup copy as opposed to my original.

I would imagine Burned copies are fine. It would allow more people to participate and for the list of movies and members of this club to grow rapidly.

Did you really love that DG instructional video and would like to watch it again... perhaps you should make your own copy.

DVD-r's are becoming very popular on computers today and could help speed things up.

Burned copies are fine. As a matter of fact, If we send burned copies in a sleeve you can ship it dirt cheap.

I will post updates with members who are in, and what they have

PanicKJ Disc Golf Fundamentals
BillnChristy
Toothyfish 2003 USDGC
DiscJunkie
solomon.trenton Clash at Renny Gold, Clash at Renny Dbls
sleepy
Kwick
Hamilton Vibram Open

These are the people who have shown interest so far. I will clear out my inbox so if you want to send me more details about the videos you have I will post them. A few people expressed interest however they do not have a video yet. Once we have a detailed list of the videos we do have they could choose something that is not already on the list. I would not recommend that anyone go out and purchase a new DVD yet untill we have more time to see if others are interested so we can have a decent inventory.

Also someone mentioned burned discs. With a burnt copy you would not have to send a case, you could just put the DVD in a sleeve, and fold a piece of cardboard around it, tape it, and ship it cheaper than if you had to ship the case.

I also have USDGC 2007 and 2008 Highlight DVDs from Disc Golf Magazine

Does anyone have the Skylands Classic, when the pros were all in town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts