• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf within' walking distance of camping

Twin Grove Resort in Pine Grove, PA has an 18 hole course on the property. I've stayed there a couple of times and it's a nice campground and a nice course.

The Oahe Downstream reac area has one right next to where the campers stay called Powerhouse ally, thank my dad for the name before that it was Ohae disc golf. That course is one of the more challenging almost all flat type courses out there. Decent mix of open and tight holes. If you end up Near Dunkirk NY, they have at Erie state park a course that is next to the campgrounds.

Another place no camping but has two courses back to back is in Winona Minnesota around the two lakes. Camping would be at the Prairie island though if you have a camper that fits on the bed of a truck then they have so much parking around the two courses that you could park there and sleep.

Came across this gem about a month ago in Chanute, KS. Tee one is within 100 ft. Of camp site. The course is stunning well maintained and plays on a old ball golf course... It reminds me a lot of Token Creek in Madison, WI. First two nights of camping are free and 10$ there after.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8833

North GA Canopy Tours in Lula, GA. AMAZING course, though I am not 100% they have RV hookups. But they have primitive camping, some 'glamping' teepees, and a bath house.
Just one 18 hole course now, and have more than started an additional 9 holes. Been cleared enough that we used the new 9 in a recent tournament, but no permanent baskets or teepads on the new 9. The original 18 is 100% in ground though, and has been for at least the 4 years ive been disc golfing.

Craighead Forest Park in Jonesboro, Arkansas. As you are making your way from Georgia to Missouri you will be close to Jonesboro. Great park with RV spots and 27 holes of disc golf on the other side of the lake. Nice walk from RV spots to course.

When we (Disc Side of Heaven) hosted the Jonesboro Open (DGPT stop #4) Craighead is where a lot of the touring pros stayed and practiced.

Clinton Lake in Lawrence, Kansas has a course next to some campsites. It's pretty nice, might as well hit it up after Kansas City. It's also my favorite city in Kansas.

In So Cal

There is camping in same park at Prado Regional Park DGC in Chino Hills.
There is camping in same park at Yucaipa Regional Park DGC in Yucaipa
There is camping in same park at Lake Cachuma DGC, near Santa Barbara

In Iowa

There is camping in same park at Sugar Bottom DGC, Iowa City/North Liberty
There is camping in same park at Walnut Creek DGC, Johnson City/Des Moines
There is camping in same park at Big Creek State Park DGC, Polk City/Des Moines
There is camping in same part at West Lake Park DGC, Davenport, Iowa

I'll also add Wildcat(Top 25 rated course) to the list in Iowa. More importantly if you stay at West Lake bring a lot of extra discs.

Eugene Mahoney State Park outside Omaha NE has has an 18 hole course (though holes 2 and 3 are currently unplayable due to other construction work). Hole 16 is across road from Lakeview campground.

Tishomingo State Park off the Natchez Trace in MS has three 18 hole courses. Two of which are a long walking distance (depending on exactly which spot you choose) from campground.

Sorry I know some of these have been mentioned, but here are the ones that I have encountered so far. Note that some of these maybe not be and easy walking distance, but have camping inside of the park.

Punderson State Park, Friends of Punderson DGC, Newbury, Ohio
Delaware State Park, Gordon Holton Memorial Disc Golf Course, Delware, Ohio
Forked Run State Park, Forked Run DGC, Reedsville, Ohio
Pike Lake State Park, Pike Lake DGC, Bainbridge, Ohio
Paint Creek State Park, Paint Creek DGC, Bainbridge, Ohio
Buck Creek State Park, Buck Creek DGC, Springfield, Ohio
Burr Oak State Park, Burr Oak, DGC Glouster, Ohio
Great Seal State Park, Great Seal DGC, Chillicothe, Ohio
Deer Creek State Park, Jeremy Lewis Memorial DGC, Mt. Sterling, Ohio

Warriors Path State Park, Warriors Path DGC, Kingsport, TN

Token Creek County Park, Vallarta-Ast DGC, Deforest, WI

Lake Casitas, Coyote Point DGC, Ventura, CA

International DG Center, Appling, GA

Basil Griffin Park, Bowling Green, KY (KOA directly across the street)

Sleepy Hollow State Park, The Legend DGC, Laingsburg, MI

Birds Ruins outside Marshall, Wisconsin has camping. Tough, sprawling 27 hole layout. It would be carry in from the parking lot. Maybe 400- 500 yard hike. Water pump near the shelter. Token Creek, Madison, was mentioned earlier, but I can't recommend it for camping because of expressway noise. You'd likely be by yourself most of the time out at Birds Ruins.

Last edited:
Birds Ruins outside Marshall, Wisconsin has camping. Tough, sprawling 27 hole layout. It would be carry in from the parking lot. Maybe 400- 500 yard hike. Water pump near the shelter. Token Creek, Madison, was mentioned earlier, but I can't recommend it for camping because of expressway noise. You'd likely be by yourself most of the time out at Birds Ruins.

I camped at Token Creek a few weeks ago. The expressway noise wasn't too bad but the couple next to me started screaming at each other at 1:30am. The argument turned physical and the police were called. The sad part was that they had several children with them.

I'm not sure what part of the country you are in now but there are 2 really great courses at Lake Claiborne State Park near Homer, La. Great camping here also! It would get you closer to some awesome courses in Tx also.

Maybe a little south for your tastes but Mobile, AL has a lot of courses concentrated in the area, specifically Chickasabogue Park, which has 36 mostly wooded holes and campsites on the premises. The sites have water/power hookups if you have a camper. Pretty reasonable fees as well, you'd only pay for camping and maybe firewood, no extra fee for disc golf. If you go there only to play DG entry is $1. Popular place to play especially around Halloween - they have the "Howler" - a tournament that includes some night play. plus the guard shack that you go into to pay also sells discs.

No one has mentioned Selah? You have to pay, but it's a total of $20 for one night camping and a day of disc golf. Right off of I-20, so that's easy. If you go through Pensacola, the three navy courses there (Blue Angels Park) are all worth a play.