• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfer on coming season of SURVIVOR

grodney

* Ace Member *
This is the biggest exposure since Nick (on Season 2) brought a frisbee as his luxury item!!!!

cbc263b939d2326462140c25446d37d8717add5b_r.jpg

Search of pdga.com membership turns up nothing.

Name (Age): Dan Foley, 47
Tribe Designation: Blue Collar (Escameca)
Current Residence: Gorham, Maine
Personal Claim to Fame: I had a terrible fear of heights so I faced it head on. I went on my first airplane ride…and jumped out at 13,000 feet. Heights don't really bother me anymore.
Inspiration in Life: My Dad, Phil Foley. Now that I am an adult, I look back on the things my Dad did for my family (my siblings, my mom and myself) and I realize what kind of sacrifices he made for us. Having been one of the four kids that my parents adopted, I acknowledge even more the love that he gave all of us growing up and continues to give every day.
Hobbies: Anything with my wife, Erin, disc golf and working on my properties.
What is your favorite sport? If I'm watching, Football, and if I'm playing, disc golf.
Pet Peeves: People who drive too slow in the fast lane and won't get out of the way.
3 Words to Describe You: Opinionated, adventurous and gregarious.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1. A deck of cards to help pass the time 2. A picture of my family to remind me of what's waiting for me 3. Some disc golf discs to help bond with my tribe mates and to possibly use to hunt
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I think I have Stephenie's competitive spirit, Tony's cunning and scheming gameplay, and Rupert's strength, love of family and stunning good looks.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To claim my rightful place amongst the elite winners of Survivor! Second, to challenge myself in the greatest psychological and sociological challenge ever!
Why You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: Obviously, any challenge that involves a lot of running will not be in my "wheelhouse," but anything involving gross food eating, strength, swimming, puzzles or balance, I'll be in it to the end. As for the social game, I am a world class "schmooze" artist. I can charm my way out of almost anything.
Why Will You Be the Sole SURVIVOR: As a landlord, I am excellent at reading people and controlling some pretty out of control situations. As an Irishman, I have a glorious stubborn streak and I hate to lose. As a technician, I have a very analytical mind so I'll be great at puzzles. I'm also very good with my hands so I'll be a big help around camp. I am the entire package. Also, I am not above taking the rules of fair play in a spirited competition and grinding them to dust beneath my heel.

"Look fellas, I frolfed us a fruit bat!"

Josh (JC#####) do you know this guy? Do y'all call it frolf or folf up there and this guy just cleaned it up for the national audience? Or is frolf/folf just a Montana thing?

Josh (JC#####) do you know this guy? Do y'all call it frolf or folf up there and this guy just cleaned it up for the national audience? Or is frolf/folf just a Montana thing?

His name and face aren't familiar, but considering how many people I've "met" while I was working in the pro shop over the last 11 years, it's entirely possible we've crossed paths. He's got a course available right in town in Gorham, and a couple others closer to him than my course, so if he has played here, he probably isn't here all that frequently.

The only people who call it "frolf" or "folf" around here are usually the one-disc wonder folks (I know this question stems from the Frolf thread the other day, no offense intended to the OP over there). I do not believe he "cleaned up" anything.

Last edited:
UPDATE: There's 2 of them on this season!!!! Heads up, Texas!

mikebio.jpg

Name (Age): Mike Holloway, 38
Tribe Designation: Blue Collar (Escameca)
Current Residence: North Richland Hills, Texas
Personal Claim to Fame: Paying off my house in 2 ½ years. It took a lot of Ramen noodle nights, but to see the focus and drive pay off, was priceless.
Inspiration in Life: Don Couch-He is the man and I call him "Dad." Even though we are in no way related he took it upon himself to teach me how to be man. He is a man of morals and values and he is a man of his word. He means what he says and is who he says. What a mentor.
Hobbies: Disc golf, running and picking up the ladies! Haha!
What is your favorite sport? When I was younger, it was playing football because the sound of someone losing their air is awesome. Now that I am older, it is disc golf because I love the challenge of me against the course.
Pet Peeves: People who are bad at time management. If you say you're going to be somewhere at a certain time, be there! Also spelling, I can't stand it when someone can't spell.
3 Words to Describe You: Loyal, Ambitious and Clever.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1. Any ball because I can make a game out of anything, MacGyver-ish in this case. But it would be nice to have a ball. 2. Toilet paper because it kind of stinks rubbing your bum with your hands. 3. Tooth brush because it's refreshing not having yuck mouth.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Cochran, because he knows the game and how to move pieces; Ozzy because that dude has the best posture of anyone and he's a bad ass; and Rob because he takes over and gives 110% at everything.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: There's a competitive fire inside me. I can't get enough. I live to compete daily in my own life. If you guys let me loose on the challenges you will see. Also, I want to see if I am as good of a manipulator as I think I am.
Why You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I have a never-quit attitude. If I have to die, I will before I quit! I am also confident in who I am and what I can do and can't do. The ole 'fake it till you make it' applies here. I also am a leader; people naturally flock to me because of my outgoing attitude on life.
Why Will You Be the Sole SURVIVOR: My life is constantly changing. At work, I must adapt to what the oil well is doing and sometimes drastic measures need to be taken. In my personal life, I have had to overcome being molested and bullied when I was young and not having a father. Learning to be influenced by the right people has been no easy chore. I have grown into my own skin - I know who I am and what I am about. My faith has made me whole, my family and friends have me strong, and my experiences have made me adapt. Let's get it on!!!!

Some disc golf discs to help bond with my tribe mates and to possibly use to hunt.

As for the social game, I am a world class "schmooze" artist. I can charm my way out of almost anything.

These 2 sentences make it sound like he's about to make a complete fool out of himself and disc golf. :doh:

By the way, Mike's name is spelled wrong above -- it is Holloway -- PDGA #40121, not current since end of 2013.

He's gonna hunt with discs! I will make time to watch it. Obvious new thread question: Best disc to kill food with? :D Hilarious.

See, now these guys are growing the sport. Getting themselves on Survivor to promote the game. Kudos!!