• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Nation Liberty 24-Chain Basket?

Flip Hyzerman

Birdie Member
I have one of these on the way for putting practice and traveling with in the car; I loved the look of the deep basket and the chain setup. Is anyone currently using one, or has used one? What did ya think of it?

I have a lil 9-hole course not too far from my house that has Liberty baskets, Rosewood (aka charlies dump). Great looking basket. Great target. Catches well. I'm a fan.

I saw a course that had them in NY. They work great. Discnation is not going to release an inferior product, I am sure you will be happy. If you want more, wait until I get banned again, maybe they will run the "freerube" coupon code again :D.

Sounds like I should be pleased; I may have to do a review or something. My only concern is weight, and how I can carry it.

Well, I've had the basket set up for a few days now, and I'm pretty impressed with the build quality. Nice deep basket, sturdy construction, really easy to put together, and the chains are every bit as good as we have on our local courses - maybe better in terms of catching. It's not lightweight, but not huge either - it's do-able solo, in terms of carrying, and very easy with a two people on either side of the basket. The only con is the lack of a wheel on the stand for easier transport, but I think that could be added without too much cost. It's basically a pro level portable basket - just what I wanted. Full review coming when the weather isn't terrible.

Per Salient FB: Salient has taken over the production of the Liberty Basket and added a few upgrades including your choice in powder coated colors: (Carolina Blue or Raging Red), permanent or portable install, as well as 24 chains. PDGA approved! only $250 a basket on sale now at www.discnation.com This is also the only basket that you can get an entire permanent course for $5000.

http://www.discnation.com/Liberty-24-Chain-Disc-Golf-Basket-Disc-Golf-Basket.html

Announcing the New and Improved Liberty Disc Golf Basket for 2015! Disc Nation and Salient have teamed up to make one of the best heavy-duty baskets even better. The Liberty remains a PDGA Championship Certified basket, but now comes loaded with accessories included. The standard Liberty now includes a portable base, in-ground kit and number plate, and is now available in two striking colors: Carolina Blue (for you Tar Heels) and Raging Red. Also new-and-improved is the number plate which now has a cool alien head design.

The New Liberty Basket will have all parts powder coated in the color selected except for the in-ground kit which will be silver. The Liberty features 24 galvanized chains, powder-coated hardware, snug-fit tapered poles, and all the familiar proportions and catching ability you'd find on the highest-end professional baskets. This is a Revolution in Baskets -- finally a configurable heavy-duty target that's equally at home on the course or in your yard, and PDGA certified for competition.

The standard configuration Liberty comes with a portable base for regular use and an in-ground kit for permanent installation. A number plate is also included standard, giving every Liberty that "on course" look, even in recreation settings. The number plate includes a sticker kit that allows each individual basket to be numbered 1-21 (includes vinyl numbers, "0-9" plus an additional "1" per kit).

Hands down, this is the most "pro" basket you can put in your yard -- so pro in fact, that it's just an add-on away from being on your home course. For years we've been selling these super-popular baskets to courses and home owners alike. It's built with mad quality and is sure to last a long, long time!

Pre-Order Notes:pre-orders for this item are expected to ship to customoers by 2/28/15. Orders for this item will be filled immediately by providing a pre-order certificate suitable for presenting as a gift. If only a Liberty is ordered, the certificate will be e-maled to the e-mail address of the order within one business day of purchase. This e-mail will be separate from the order confirmation and will arrive at a separate time. Customers ordering other items that are to be shipped from the Disc Nation Distribution Center will include a pre-printed pre-order certificate. For these orders, no certificate will be e-mailed.

Features:

•24 Chains Total in 2 Tiers
•Galvanized Chain
•Powder-Coated Frame - Choose Raging Red or Carolina Blue!
•Snug-Fit Tapered Pole Connections
•Number Plate - Included!
•In-Ground Kit - Included!
•Portable Base - Included!
•PDGA Certified - Championship LevelSuper heavy-duty construction

I got to play on some of these over the weekend at Creeping Creek DGC....me likey! They catch very well and have a nice sound to them when you can a putt:thmbup:

"Pre-Order Notes:pre-orders for this item are expected to ship to customers by 2/28/15."

Does this mean if you buy a basket today, you don't get it until March? Or only if you want it powdercoated?

"Pre-Order Notes:pre-orders for this item are expected to ship to customers by 2/28/15."

Does this mean if you buy a basket today, you don't get it until March? Or only if you want it powdercoated?

That is correct. The baskets have to arrive via sea freight which takes time with such a large/heavy item.

The pre-order is for those clubs, cities, etc that are getting new courses prepared and won't need the baskets til Feb/March and for a price of $5000 for a set is great.

Chinese liberty takes patience. I wonder how long it would take if the basket arrived damaged.
They're back up to $329.99 at Disc Nation.

Strange seeing everyone say that these catch well? My experience with these is that they are terrible catching baskets. The only ones I've played on are at Sinnissippi Park in Sterling, IL on the new 6 holes they installed a few years ago. I can't recall hearing one good thing about them, other than being cheaply priced.

Strange seeing everyone say that these catch well? My experience with these is that they are terrible catching baskets. The only ones I've played on are at Sinnissippi Park in Sterling, IL on the new 6 holes they installed a few years ago. I can't recall hearing one good thing about them, other than being cheaply priced.
The PDGA approval says "New" Liberty, I guess they were redesigned. The new Liberty's catch as well as any other basket I've played on and actually catch better than most.

Played on them several times - definitely decent baskets, and very hard to beat for the money, but they aren't my favorites. I wouldn't call 'em cheaply made at all, but I don't think they're quite as hefty as Chainstars/DGA or Discatchers (and definitely not as beefy as Titans), so I'm leary about how they'd they'd stand up to the kind of abuse equipment gets subjected to in a busy public park, but I think they're great for courses with light to moderate traffic, or the more controlled setting of a private venue.

If I were bankrolling my own private course, I'd prolly be all over them like white on rice.

Played on them several times - definitely decent baskets, and very hard to beat for the money, but they aren't my favorites. I wouldn't call 'em cheaply made at all, but I don't think they're quite as hefty as Chainstars/DGA or Discatchers (and definitely not as beefy as Titans), so I'm leary about how they'd they'd stand up to the kind of abuse equipment gets subjected to in a busy public park, but I think they're great for courses with light to moderate traffic, or the more controlled setting of a private venue.

If I were bankrolling my own private course, I'd prolly be all over them like white on rice.
Yeah, the Libertys probably won't last as long as the other baskets you mentioned due to public wear and tear and abuse, but they are hard to beat for best bang for the buck and why I went them for my private course. My beef with Titans is they suck at catching, I have one in my living room.

Yeah, the Libertys probably won't last as long as the other baskets you mentioned due to public wear and tear and abuse, but they are hard to beat for best bang for the buck and why I went them for my private course. My beef with Titans is they suck at catching, I have one in my living room.

Manufacturing changed and the entire basket was "beefed" up including the galvanizing and new powder coating for extra protection. Price was still kept low. the New Liberty by Salient and Disc Nation is better than ever and still affordable.

Latest posts