• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc of the Year (so far)

I laugh at these kind of threads. No one seems to be honest about it. It just turns into a "post your favorite new mold here" thread.

Wait...isn't that exactly what is being asked when you're saying what you think is the best disc of the last year? If it wasn't your favorite new mold, wouldn't you also not believe it was the best disc of the year?

I laugh at these kind of threads. No one seems to be honest about it. It just turns into a "post your favorite new mold here" thread.

which is exactly the point of the entire thread. without sales numbers its not like there is a scientific and objective answer to the OP's question, and even then... its one metric. this is a purely subjective question.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure most of the discs you guys are naming did not come out in 2013... Check out the PDGA approved discs list, it has all of the dates on there.

DGA
-Breaker

Discmania
-MD3
-P3

Discraft
-Crank

Dynamic Discs
-Renegade
-Suspect
-Truth
-Verdict

Innova
-Atlas

Latitude 64
-Fury
-Mace
-Stiletto

Millennium
-Tank-Panzer

MVP
-Shock
-Tangent
-Tensor

Prodigy
-(all discs)

Vibram
-unLace

this list does not include retooled discs, plastic variations of a disc, discs approved towards the end of last year, discs approved but not released yet, small companies that I don't care about (sorry DMI Sports, Eurodisc)

Cross between the D4 400 plastic and the Lat64 Fury. Both awesome discs with huge potential for a variety of throws. Tangent gets a close third.

DGA
-Breaker

Discmania
-MD3
-P3

Discraft
-Crank

Dynamic Discs
-Renegade
-Suspect
-Truth
-Verdict

Innova
-Atlas

Latitude 64
-Fury
-Mace
-Stiletto

Millennium
-Tank-Panzer

MVP
-Shock
-Tangent
-Tensor

Prodigy
-(all discs)

Vibram
-unLace

this list does not include retooled discs, plastic variations of a disc, discs approved towards the end of last year, discs approved but not released yet, small companies that I don't care about (sorry DMI Sports, Eurodisc)

I'd include the Mako3 and Shark3 since both have new tops thus making it a new disc.

I also think it's funny we got through over 60 posts before anyone actually made a list of the discs from 2013.

You people do realize that all these "3" molds are more of a marketing mechanism than a truly new mold, right?

1000% this

This thread would be soooo much better & more accurate if we omitted the Roc3, Shark3 and Mako3

Also, omit the Prodigy stuff that's supposedly a _____ clone. I've heard one of the PA discs is supposed to be a "Magic clone"

I've been told multiple times the Mako3 has the Rancho Roc top and if you look at it it's a different top which makes it a new disc. You can call it whatever but if they change the fundamental parts of the mold that makes a certain disc then it's a new disc.

My vote is for the Suspect. I got one on a lark and it's taken over my short range drives and long approaches. It's everything I was hoping to find in the following discs -

Zone, Drone, Sinus, Discmania P3 and HPP Wizard.

- but did not.

wow

wow just looking at this list, 2013 was a big year for disc golf. Lots of new stuff.

DGA
-Breaker

Discmania
-MD3
-P3

Discraft
-Crank

Dynamic Discs
-Renegade
-Suspect
-Truth
-Verdict

Innova
-Atlas

Latitude 64
-Fury
-Mace
-Stiletto

Millennium
-Tank-Panzer

MVP
-Shock
-Tangent
-Tensor

Prodigy
-(all discs)

Vibram
-unLace

I'm not going to dispute that it's a new disc, it's just not on the approved disc list.

look up, others are disputing whether or not it's a new disc; and unless i was misinformed the mako3 and shark3 are new discs.