• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc of the Year (so far)

uh, okay

i said i was not disputing it, not gonna speak for others, that's on them

do you dispute that it is not on the approved discs list? (that's where the discs i posted came from, fyi)

i am well aware of your top dog troll status, but you need to step up your game and bring something interesting not this circular rice cake jibber jabber

k? thx

Pinnacle Patriot is exceptional and the proton volt is one that I've really enjoyed throwing lately...

There's arguing over the Roc3 (and Mako3) but no one mentions that the Ghost is a closer copy of the Roc than the Roc3?

This is not the first time it's happened in disc golf, and it won't be the last (Cyclone/Gazelle, BB Aviar/Wizard...etc)

Another vote for the Tern, I 2 in my bag (Star, CFR). Close second would be the Underworld, followed by either the Verdict or Truth.

I would say Tern. Although i've yet to throw it at lower elevation. I've used it 6000-9000 ft elavation and it bombs. I could see it being rather flippy at low elevations. I'm a fan due to its distance with toned down power. Innova needs more discs with glide like that.

Yep Pinn Patriots are really tasty.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying the 400s PA4. It has been the most perfect driver putter I've thrown.

Gotta be the Tern. It's an awesome disc, and really the best distance driver that Innova has come out with in a long time. Plus it's got all the others beat in market penetration (giggity) so there will potentially be a lot more Tern throwers. I love it.

And if the Tern wasn't a 2013 disc, my next vote is for the Breaker. I got one in my players pack at the 303 Ams in March and instantly fell in love. But the Tern is more universal, in my opinion, where the Breaker seems to be made specifically for guys who play like me.

I still stand by the Roc3, but I agree with AndyJB, the Tern wins. I have seen this disc in the bags of a wide range of players, from Pro to Am to beginner and all enjoy throwing it.

Also, omit the Prodigy stuff that's supposedly a _____ clone. I've heard one of the PA discs is supposed to be a "Magic clone"

i didn't know they made magics in premium plastic for driving?

the pa4 is a bit different in shape; not much at all, though. i've tried magics and i didn't like how they felt in my hand for putting. i do enjoy the pa4 very much, so it's different enough IMO.

anyway, for me it's tough to decide between the PA4 and the Breaker. i'd have to go with the PA4 since it currently occupies my putting/driving slot in its two different plastics.

Last edited:
I've heard one of the PA discs is supposed to be a "Magic clone"
I have been told that from quite a few people, I heard it was made for Nikko. If I'm not mistaken I believe it's the PA4.
There's arguing over the Roc3 (and Mako3) but no one mentions that the Ghost is a closer copy of the Roc than the Roc3? This is not the first time it's happened in disc golf, and it won't be the last
(Cyclone/Gazelle, BB Aviar/Wizard...etc)
I agree with that completely, I even heard a rumor that the Ghost is just the 8x Roc mold (but isn't that the same Rancho mold as now?!). I did a little research & this is what I found
Roc3 - Rim Thickness 1.2cm
- Height: 2.0cm
- Diameter: 21.7cm
Roc - Rim Thickness 1.2cm
- Height: 2.0cm
- Diameter: 21.7cm
I don't know if this is enough to prove they're the same, but either way I really enjoy throwing my Roc3 & my Rocs. I think the Roc3 is pretty much a flat top Rancho Roc in Jolly Launcher plastic. I've also heard rumors that the Roc3 is going to get released in DX/KC type plastic so then Innova will be producing "off the shelf" flat top Rocs in DX/KC that will be in normal production. I don't know if it's true but I would love to be able to get flat top KC Rocs without having to look for them, like buying them online/at tourneys. If the Roc3 isn't a choice for this year, my second pick would be the Tern & if that's not an option it would be the Atlas...I can feel the criticism coming :D

You people do realize that all these "3" molds are more of a marketing mechanism than a truly new mold, right?

I realize that but it really doesn't bother me at all. I like being able to buy a flat top Roc in Champion for the price of a normal Champ disc.

uh, okay

i said i was not disputing it, not gonna speak for others, that's on them

do you dispute that it is not on the approved discs list? (that's where the discs i posted came from, fyi)

i am well aware of your top dog troll status, but you need to step up your game and bring something interesting not this circular rice cake jibber jabber

k? thx

you argue like a teenage girl

The tursas, stag, and underworld were released in marchnof 2013, though they were approved in 2012.

So my answer is the Underworld.

If we are only talking about discs approved in 2013, then the truth is my choice.

Latest posts