• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc profile drawings

jimbosprint

Double Eagle Member
Wouldn't it be nice if there were a library of disc profile drawings?

I'm talking about every disc ever made, all to scale, not photos, but technical drawings. And a way to match discs up to compare them - nose to nose, and on top of each other in different colors.

Probably, but the lack of manufacturing consistency makes it hard to get a representative drawing for any disc. The tech specs won't match what you're actually getting.

The problem with this is that the same disc can have a diff profiles. One can be domey as hell one can be flat one can have a high PLH or lower PLH.

moose has the profile photos page and I think it's stickied. It's not 100% what you're looking for, but it's a start.

Speaking of tech specs. Is there anywhere that you can access information like that (cross section, dimensions, etc.) for any kind of disc?

I'm looking to have a machine tool company try and make some metal minis for me and they need some basic size/shape info for a typical disc (something more along the lines of a putter like and Aviar).

Anyone have anything like that or know where to find it?

Speaking of tech specs. Is there anywhere that you can access information like that (cross section, dimensions, etc.) for any kind of disc?

I'm looking to have a machine tool company try and make some metal minis for me and they need some basic size/shape info for a typical disc (something more along the lines of a putter like and Aviar).

Google PDGA technical specs.

This can be easily done at most shops by cutting a disc in half then taking measurements. Reverse engineering is common.

I would imagine that the manufacturers' actual specs would be trade secrets. Best bet would be to take some measurements yourself.

Here's a screen shot from the PDGA standards. That should work.

Discspecs.jpg

3D scanner and a spectacular specimen of every desirable type of every mold ever made. Simple as that!

Latest posts