• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Disc to replace my super flippy Lucid Emac Truth

So I have had this EMac Truth in my bag for a very long time. It was very stable at first and then one day just turned understable. It became my go to hyzerflip turnover disc that I would use for late flip up and turn shots. I could throw it with hyzer at about 60-80% (depending on how much hyzer) and know that it would flip up and continue to turn. Sadly.. I left the disc at a course by accident and have not received a call. So.. now I need to find a new late flipping turnover disc and it can't really be a lucid emac because that would just take way too long.

Can anyone recommend a new disc for me that wouldn't take too long to beat in to this state as well as keeping the feel of the Emac or a buzzz?

I throw the ESP Buzzz as my go to Mid so I was thinking of getting an Elite X Buzzz and beating that in a bit.

Thanks!

Buzzz SS from Discraft though from the sound of it, a Regular Truth would be the same as a Buzzz SS. The other choice is get a less premium plastic Emac and beat that in. Sorry I do not Know Dynamic Discs plastic choices.

Champion Roc 3. It'll start straight, and STAY straight. Champion plastic beats so much more slowly than Lucid, or any other plastic DD makes.

The Emac Truth has a super obnoxious habit of turning super flippy without rhyme or reason. I had an Emac Truth in my bag briefly, but I pulled it once it started turning over all the time.

Champion Roc 3. It'll start straight, and STAY straight. Champion plastic beats so much more slowly than Lucid, or any other plastic DD makes.

The Emac Truth has a super obnoxious habit of turning super flippy without rhyme or reason. I had an Emac Truth in my bag briefly, but I pulled it once it started turning over all the time.

But if he is used to the feel of a Emac Truth, then get a Shark 3 only in Champion or a Buzz in Z.

I wouldn't go the Warrant route. If the Evidence isn't understable enough, a Tursas is a much more reliable flip machine than a Warrant in my experience. Warrants were bizarre. The rim felt too thin and I had a hard time locking in when it would flip and how much. I like the whole DD mid family (Justice/Verdict/Emac Truth/Truth/Evidence) but the Warrant was a clunker for me. Tursas gave me a much better flight and hand feel. Now all that being said, a beat in Evidence is still superior to a fresh Tursas.

Cosmic Piwakawaka is a great option here, it's flippy but workable and with plenty of glide.

meteor is deep what are you even babbling about

buzz in x wont truly break into that flip machine you are seeking get a buzz in pro d

My US compliment to the ESP BUZZZ is the DGA Tremor...best US disc on the market. . but it´s very US, but it hlds the anhyzer line like no other disc

Last edited:

You must throw with severe anny. All your reviews are WAY off.

I was actually hoping to get a Buzzz SS in Elite X. But they don't make them in that plastic. I have thrown a Z and that is still too stable. And would take too long to beat in.

I actually already bought a Buzzz in Elite X but they are cheap and figured I'd ask around to see if that would be the best option.

I carry both a z-flx buzzz and an elite-x buzzz, and the only reason I have the elite-x buzzz is for a flick hyzerflip, and it shines there.

You must throw with severe anny. All your reviews are WAY off.

I'm sure Twmccoy is giving us his honest/candid evaluations based upon his own experiences. He just sometimes doesn't remember that he throws faster than some of us, and discs he calls 'bad' as a result are perfectly good for other DG players.

Tursas and warrants should both work. I prefer a tursas though. Warrants do have a thinner rim and seem more unpredictable.

Might be too fast, but consider the Discraft Glide. Only available in Z, but reliable hyzer flip, but with enough LSS that it won't generally dive into the ground.

Might be too fast, but consider the Discraft Glide. Only available in Z, but reliable hyzer flip, but with enough LSS that it won't generally dive into the ground.

Yeah, this is a good option. Slightly sharper Buzzz SS profile.

I think the tour series (or production) Buzzz SS in a lighter weight would work after a few rounds out the box, though:
buzzzss.19tour_1.jpg

Latest posts