• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscGolfPark USA

If a course isn't finished, isn't that about the same as not open?

I don't think so.

If Baskets in the ground = open, then what could the park or designers do to make it 'not open', as opposed to unfinished? Put the baskets in last? Crime-scene tape blocking off all tees? Just wondering.

Ding ding ding. See, even you knew how to do it. Was it so difficult to admit that you had to toss in the false equivalency to something absurd?

I started to play an unfinished re-design recently (no tee pads just flags, no signage, just baskets). I got irritated and left after a few holes. But I didn't go online and complain about it, because it's not finished. Even though it's open.

Good for you. I bet that makes you feel very good about yourself. I made some observations about the tee pads in a post that, among other things contained a lot of questions about these kinds of tee pads. If I offended your sensibilities by pointing out a problem that is apparently no big secret, I suggest you no longer read my posts.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

So I rarely (never) post anymore, but I feel I can be a good resource on this thread here, especially given this was my first DGP project and first install.

I completely agree that there are some issues with the install. I'm not here to argue that. I will share some of the story of this course and my bigger vision for my hometown and maybe it'll clear a couple of things up. I'm also happy to answer questions.

This course was a collaborative effort between BREC (Parks Dept. for East Baton Rouge Parish), Louisiana Healthcare Connections, DiscGolfPark, and the local community. LHC was generous enough to pay for the entire course (which explains the long name), and BREC gave us this beautiful piece of property to install on.

Baton Rouge is a small, but rapidly growing, scene. My goal with the volunteer install is/was to engage everyone. There's a certain, unique feeling that comes with putting your hands into the earth and caring for a course. The worst thing would be if we came and installed it (it's not in the best neighborhood), and nobody played it. So this was my attempt to engage all of the people that would be involved in playing casually, running events, leagues, etc. We had 50 people show up and donate their time, tools, and sweat over the 3 days. It was awesome.

I had never installed a course, and we knew going in this was going to be a learning experience. This is one of the reasons it is a "Pilot Project". We learned so much, and I'm looking forward to learning from Alan and his crew out in SC on ways that I can do better next time (I have a course re-design on the table in Baton Rouge as well).

This process took 2 years to get to this point, and we're a couple of months away from the grand opening, so there's much work to do still ahead of us. We're finalizing the TeeSigns and InfoBoards and those will be installed next month!

I'm sorry personally to those that were disappointed. I appreciate the feedback, we had already planned on smoothing out some of the TeePads that aren't perfect, and I'll dedicate myself to fixing every single issue. This course is one that in 5, 10 years will be a crown jewel in the state - it's a long term play in my mind. I hope the future holds that Baton Rouge is a community full of "must play" courses that will be fun for a range of skill levels.

Again - thanks to everyone for the feedback. It's a learning process and I'm open to ideas!

-Jamie

PS - if you go play before the TeeSigns arrive, we put numbers on the faceplates of the TeeSign posts, and there are arrows welded to the cages of the baskets that point directly to the next hole. There are 2 long walks that are slated be fixed in the long term plan (from 5-6 and from 17-18) with bridges, but storms and floods lately have slowed that process even further.
:clap:

I don't think so.

Ding ding ding. See, even you knew how to do it. Was it so difficult to admit that you had to toss in the false equivalency to something absurd?

Good for you. I bet that makes you feel very good about yourself. I made some observations about the tee pads in a post that, among other things contained a lot of questions about these kinds of tee pads. If I offended your sensibilities by pointing out a problem that is apparently no big secret, I suggest you no longer read my posts.

Thanks for clearing that up for me in a calm, sincere and reasonable manner.

Wow, if you guys hand tamped all 18 pads you may end up having to re-do all of them, really unfortunate.

I sure hope not, but I will make sure every TeePad issue is fixed.

UGH. Hand tamping is not fun. I feel for you guys

I definitely got my shoulder workout doing my share! Finer grain filler material and a powered tamper are on the requirements list for next time around.

I sure hope not, but I will make sure every TeePad issue is fixed.

I definitely got my shoulder workout doing my share! Finer grain filler material and a powered tamper are on the requirements list for next time around.

I'm betting y'all will have a lot more success with a power tamper.

Played my first round on these tee pads. It was slushy and icy, so I had my doubts.

Best tees I have thrown off of, I can't wait to try them in the summer.:thmbup:

Played my first round on these tee pads. It was slushy and icy, so I had my doubts.

Best tees I have thrown off of, I can't wait to try them in the summer.:thmbup:

I'm really happy to hear that!

So far the ones in Louisiana have survived the flood test too. Grip for days!

The Bay Area and Seattle share the same sort of issues...lots of people and surrounded by water. The amount of land is limited, and what land there is, is already being used for various purposes. It's a little defeating seeing posts on here about how dg is blowing up in different areas with tons of new courses going in, while things stay more or less the same here, just the courses get more crowded.

That being said, I sure wouldn't complain about a new road trip worthy destination course going in somewhere nearby.

That's called Hoodsport Hills

The Bay Area and Seattle share the same sort of issues...lots of people and surrounded by water. The amount of land is limited, and what land there is, is already being used for various purposes. It's a little defeating seeing posts on here about how dg is blowing up in different areas with tons of new courses going in, while things stay more or less the same here, just the courses get more crowded.

That being said, I sure wouldn't complain about a new road trip worthy destination course going in somewhere nearby.

Seriously! I'm just hoping for something new in Western Washington, let alone Seattle.

Yes the Bay Area (I haven't yet been to Seattle, but going there this year) has a people-to-space ratio that's way off.

I'm the NorCal rep as well (for now anyway), and the process is much tougher here. I will say that there's tremendously ambitious and difficult work going on in the East Bay in general with regards to the growth of the game...and I hope it succeeds regardless of who gets the bid on those leads.

...I hope to be involved, but I'm a supporter regardless. :)

I've seen some rumors posted, but can anyone verify the pricing of DGP's equipment?

If you have a project in mind, send me an email [email protected] and I'd be happy to help.

This is the kind of thing that kind of turns me off. On the one hand, I appreciate that different projects can have different levels of involvement and may want to utilize different services, etc. On the other hand I can go to Innova's or Discraft's website and quickly get the pricing on their equipment. And if you're not interested in a project that would only involve equipment sales, good for you, but at least be up front about it.

I already sent in a request for a quote. I'll be approaching some park authorities in the near future and already have a commitment to pay for a course by a business that wants naming rights. I have a ballpark figure on the course cost using concrete or natural tees and either Discatchers or Mach III's.

Last edited:
Quote requests are available on the website here- http://www.discgolfpark.net/us/contact/ask-for-a-quote/

And as Mr. esdubya said, you should receive a response rather quickly.

Also for anyone interested, feel free to contact Jamie or any other rep and they will be happy to help out, whether it is for the full DiscGolfPark concept or TeePad upgrades, targets or new signage.

Latest posts