• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

there is a run of CFR C-AA. They are in the mold that is more stable(old mold). The plastic is grippy, flexy and really nice. The heavies are banshee stable

I know that, I haven't thrown it yet. I was just noting that it makes a nice compliment to the FD in general. If someone wanted 2 discs that felt similar in the hand this is a great pairing. I'm probably going to use a C-AA and S-FD as the only drivers for my casual bag

I have 2 otw to me, will have them this week, both 170-172 domey and light blue S lines. If this is another S-TD pos im gonna be bummed. I looked forward to the TD so much and when i finally got one in S line max weight it was wayyyyy beefier than what i assumed it would be. Maybe i got a freak TD but i was under the assumption they were slightly more hss sidewinders and that isnt what i got at all

TDs are kinda beef, just give them some time and break them in. They are so so so nice.

zj1002 said:
there is a run of CFR C-AA. They are in the mold that is more stable(old mold). The plastic is grippy, flexy and really nice. The heavies are banshee stable

Funny I just got a c-aa in the mail. Threw it this morning into a strong head wind and your right it is banshee stable.

I too was let down by the TD. The FD is awesome though. A nice turner right off the shelf.

Broke down and snagged two max weight red sFDs, they are nice and grippy with a dome that flattens at the top. Does anyone else have flattened dome FDs? I should be getting out to throw them today and will report back with findings.

That sounds like the ones I bought. For the most part they had less HSS than my tester/proto. I preferred my beat up tester over the stock run. From what I have seen domey Jackals are the better ones. The flat ones don't glide as well so if you throw them at a high speed they get kinda dumpy/touchy and don't penetrate forward as well

Finally got to test my sFD a bunch yesterday and the preliminary results are: it's the (.Y.)'s!

As many have said, the glide on this disc is absolutely amazing and it can handle some nuttage = highly capable of bombing. Looking forward to throwing this disc more but I really don't even want it to break in, it's perfect right where it is. Are they planning to have production C lines?

I just birdied a hole with my CFD that I'd never two'd before. It's not a huge shot, maybe 320' but it doglegs right and then fades back left again. I always get caught up in the trees with a late release or I turn something over too far, but it's like the FD was made for this line for me. Relased it with a hair of anny and it held the line all the way down before fading right in to within 10' of the pin. :mrgreen:

Really liking how this disc is flying for me!

Does the FD compliment PD's better than a TD? What I mean by this: TD's tend to be beefy and require some decent power to fly straight and/or shape lines. I would love to find a compliment to PD's that don't need to be thrown hard to shape lines. I have a Leo for that slot, but it doesn't fly much further than my MD2 or Super Stingray, on the same lines.

Also, what dome height tends to be most favorable for glide and line-shaping in S FD's?

Fightingthetide said:
I would love to find a complement to PD's that don't need to be thrown hard to shape lines.
In that sense it definitely fits better than the TD.

Just got a Jackal in the mail today, with a number of other discs, and a new tourney bag. This is one of the best discs I have ever thrown. Does what you tell it to, and I was easily throwing it ~25 feet further than the Blizzard Ape i got in the same box. I am going to order three more as soon as I post this.

Got two D-FD's today, marked 175 and 170 but really they were 174 and 173. Lighter one has a slightly lower PLH. Both are made from a really nice, stiff blend of D, grippy and overall tasty. In the air they're much more understable than the S-Lines, but still have a slow turn (it just lasts long) and they're hard to not turn over from a pretty severe hyzer. Still, they don't turn and burn on you that easily, and love being thrown high. Great for turnover lines that hold till the end.

Great discs, will be perfect companions for my S-FD's until they beat in.

They break in pretty quick.

Note that the nose looks smaller on them. The plastic didn't puff up, which I think gives them more speed (and more glide), but makes their flight change quicker over use.

jubuttib said:
Got two D-FD's today, marked 175 and 170 but really they were 174 and 173. Lighter one has a slightly lower PLH. Both are made from a really nice, stiff blend of D, grippy and overall tasty. In the air they're much more understable than the S-Lines, but still have a slow turn (it just lasts long) and they're hard to not turn over from a pretty severe hyzer. Still, they don't turn and burn on you that easily, and love being thrown high. Great for turnover lines that hold till the end.

Great discs, will be perfect companions for my S-FD's until they beat in.

I really want some of these.

Latest posts