• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Instructional Video Series

JHern

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
A crew from Discmania came to California last month and met up with Avery at La Mirada. They shot tons of film, with the aim of putting out a big series of instructional videos that will be available on youtube for free. They just released a trailer...

JR said:
GREAT!!! But what are the never before seen camera angles cough :) ?

Good question!

He told me about this a while back, and I've been looking forward to seeing it come to fruition. I asked him about the flake-factor, and he said they were on the ball and kicking ass in the video editing progress, indicating that we won't have to wait too much longer for the first episodes to come out.

Here's the schedule...

Episode 1: Putting, air date: April 16th
Episode 2: Backhand, air date: April 30th
Episode 3: Sidearm, air date: May 14th
Episode 4: Mental Game, air date: May 28th
Episode 5: Monster Distance, air date: June 11th

...I'm very much looking forward to seeing the putting episode.

Wow, nice production quality.

One thing I would change is all the background music and driving around in a car and other movement and stuff going on while talking about "the most important part of putting..." It distracts from that main, critical, point. It is much better to fade to black, stop the music, and inscribe the words across the screen as they are spoken by Jussi, and then drive it home with a close-up shot of the hit point.

Anyone been keeping up w these? I'd link to the 2nd one if I wasn't on my crappy phone.

I think it's interesting how Avery talks about not letting your wrist move on a backhand drive. Is this his way of achieving wrist bounce?

Latest posts