• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Collectables

You could also collect Discraft discs with tournament stamps on them, like this Rattler:

picture.php

Once I have my whole collection photographed, I'll make a collage of the Discraft discs (currently 48 of them) and put it up. I'm hoping I'll have time to get to that in a week or two.

Older Comets are cool to collect, and I think demand will remain high. This Comet was considered a premium disc way back in 1997:

picture.php

1st run Cyclone 2:

picture.php

old stamp is, blank is a z challenger. a true z challenger (actually see through), no markings

I've got one of those Rattler's as well. That's the only other one I've ever seen! Pad Timmons from Discraft told me that was a "recycle" run, made up of multiple types of plastic. Echo before Innova even dreamed of it.

Didn't those actually have the words "First Run" on them? Check it:

2012-02-28%252015.03.52.jpg

Mine might be a prototype. They were given to each player that played at the 1st tournament at Kensington. I thought Jim said that they were 1st runs. Somebody call Mark Ellis!

Last edited:
I've got one of those Rattler's as well. That's the only other one I've ever seen! Pad Timmons from Discraft told me that was a "recycle" run, made up of multiple types of plastic. Echo before Innova even dreamed of it.

i can totally see that. i couldnt figure out if it was esp or slick d or x? and i dont know about yours, but mine is constantly sticky. i washed it with soap and water, rubbed it with dry dirt and it is still sticky. like packaging tape sticky.

Now it's sticky. It felt a lot better before sitting in a box a few years.
That Challenger is a midnight Z. They were released at AmNat's the year they did the midnight Z Crush's. Most were bottom-stamped.
I've got a Z Challenger from the 2003 World Doubles. True Z, and labeled as such. The only run I've seen.

X-Clones were my favorite of the Cyclone family. Like this one with a tournament stamp on it:

picture.php

My main driver for awhile, and beat in to perfection!

I first started disc golfing in 1987 in Cedar Falls, IA. Some say the third permanent DG course in the US. But, I only golfed a half a dozen times, then didn't golf again until 2004.

Back then, I bought 2 discs from a guy who had a stash out of his car trunk. One of them was this Discraft Cruiser. When I started back up in 2004, I actually used it for a few years, but stopped using it when I started to get more serious about 18 months ago.

0228122059.jpg

0228122100.jpg

This is my other favorite Discraft 'collectable' I have, primarily because I also brew my own beer.

NBDiscinhand.jpg

Latest posts