• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Flick

RussMB

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Okay, I don't usually throw Discraft. (Nothing against it, just not a lot of vendors here. I don't know much about the discs. I only have a Buzzz) Anywho...

I found a Flick out on a course a while back. (No name or number) When I throw it, It hardly even travels before turning over and spiking into the ground. I cant even get it to go 100ft.

I'm wondering.... Is this Disc Shot, or am I just not throwing it right?

Regardless of what you mean, the Flick is supposed to be very overstable and pretty fast. I dont have a great arm but I can get it past 100' but it will also be way way to the side. If it is turning over right (RHBH) something is definately wrong with it.

By turning over, you mean flipping right (RHBH)?

Yes, It literally flies like it's trying to perform a cork screw. Except it hits the ground in the first loop. It's a strange disc!

I own one. I can't imagine you mean it's flippy or understable unless the disc was put through the meat grinder. Mine's very overstable and is hard to throw straight. I use it for overhand throws, windy days, and hard right turns (I'm left-handed). When going for distance backhand, I put it on a big anhyzer and let it fade back.

I have a beat to living hell 150 z flick and it's still very very stable so I don't think that's it.

I carry a flick and like it for the Tomahawk or for short sharp left to right shots(FH RH).

It took me some time to get used to it and originally cut it our from the bag. It now worked it's way back in after some solid practice.

But it is actually great OH and it will roll slightly for me but I like that for extra distance or cutting a tree line.

If indeed it is a Flick, not something misstamped I can't imagine there is anything wrong with the disc. Something in your technique is amiss. I don't have a powehouse arm either but easily get it over 250 ft. LHFH. Its one of the most predictable driver's I throw. I just wish they made it in ESP or FLX plastic so I could get more grip in the snow. But with the temps supposed to be near 60 this weekend, I'll be breaking it back out.

Okay... I'm going to sound like a real Goobersmooch here. I had it backwards. It's just overstable.
When I threw it RHBH, it went Hard to the left immediately. And when I sidearmed it (RHFH) That was when it did it's corkscrew move. To the right.

I thought about it after I started this thread, and started questioning myself. I just went out to my field and started throwing it, I took it out of my bag about 2 months ago. So it's been that long since I've thrown it. Now, this time I threw it 200ft this first time. (RHBH) It still went to the left, HARD! When I sidearmed it, it still did the Corkscrew to the Right, and spiked into the ground about 100ft. Sidearm is not my forte on Drives. The flick is the most overstable disc I've thrown if that's the case.

Nothing like a thread to live on forever! :eek:;)

Last edited:
The Flick is very overstable disc. It's not beginner friendly. I love it and use it for what it's intended for, windy days, right angles, tomahawks and drives under 350ft.

As everyone said earlier, the flick is a slim profiled pretty fast disc that is very overstable. I use it for forehand shots mostly, but sometimes backhand and its great for skip shots, too.

I would say either the angle you are releasing is too much of a hyzer or you need to get some more wrist snap on you release. Just play with it a little and know that you WILL learn how to throw it, it's a great disc!

the couple of 150 esp flicks I have thrown are garbage, why they discontinued the Z 150 flick I don't know.

I am really impressed with my ESP Flick. Fast and far with a reliable flight path.

It's a hell of a good disc for under 325ft. throw.

Well, I will say I have improved a lot since throwing it last. I don't think I was putting much snap into it before. I've gotten myself now, to where I'm throwing 275-310ish. I FINALLY CROSSED THE 300 MARK!!! Sorry, I had to! ;) Anywho... So I was really surprised that it went as far as it did when I threw it. (RHBH) I've decided to place it back in the bag, but I'm really going to have to spend some time with this disc. My side arm doesn't do me much good on drives, but I'm decent on small, short shots. I may have to give the Flick another shot. Worse case scenario, I've got a really cool way of getting out of the rough! lol

the couple of 150 esp flicks I have thrown are garbage, why they discontinued the Z 150 flick I don't know.

I love my 150 Z Flick :D

The flick as they say is very overstable and without a good arm it will just crash too the ground. The 150 flick goes really far and I can get straight flights or S curves out of it, the heavy flick though is just a meathog. That's the disc I throw on holy 6 at Chautauqua (dogleg right) forehand. Pretty much the perfect flight path if I don't throw it super hard, throw it level and slightly up, right around 260-275' around the corner. Try forehand roller with it.

So are flicks faster than preds?

yes

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/htmlpages/flightguide.html

Latest posts