• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Flick

The Flick is also the best skipping disc in my bag by far. I use it to get out of trouble, as well as hard skips FH or BH. It also makes a great TH or thumber disc. The versitility of the Flick is outstanding! I have owned one for at least 5 yrs now, and I have one ace disc as well. One of my favorite and most predictable discs I own.

I was wondering when you were gonna post about your Z flick man!!!

I use the flick for a sidearm disc.. no matter what angle you put it on it'll come back to the right within seconds.. its supposed to do that.. I've heard its a great roller too havent tried that yet.. the disc kinda scares me yet lol

That disc has definitely become a favorite of mine! I still haven't gotten major Distance out of it yet, but I love the hard angles that it provides! I'm not sure what you would call a reverse Hyzer flip, but I'm getting decent at throwing it with Anhyzer, and it flies fairly straight. ...or would that fall into the flex shot category?

That would be a Flex shot.

What weight you using? Mine is Z 167 and if I flex it, it still comes back hard and all my anny is doing is delaying that hard left turn (RHBH) or right turn(RHFH).

Thumber though, it goes shooting up flipping to upside down and carries left almost coming all the way over, then comes back gliding forward and to the right usually tombstoning in the ground but lately has hit and bounced up about 5-10'. I must have beat the edge out of it doing it so much. It will do that when I am usually starting at 100' elevations and throwing over tress probably getting it to 250' of height and smacking into the ground on end.

Dang! I'm looking for a 150.

Anyone want to trade my ESP 150 for your Z 150?

Kris, I have a light Z but its not 150...its either 158 or 168...let me check when i get home ok.

I don't want another flick though, got an ESP.

That would be a Flex shot.

What weight you using? Mine is Z 167 and if I flex it, it still comes back hard and all my anny is doing is delaying that hard left turn (RHBH) or right turn(RHFH).

Thumber though, it goes shooting up flipping to upside down and carries left almost coming all the way over, then comes back gliding forward and to the right usually tombstoning in the ground but lately has hit and bounced up about 5-10'. I must have beat the edge out of it doing it so much. It will do that when I am usually starting at 100' elevations and throwing over tress probably getting it to 250' of height and smacking into the ground on end.

I figured as much! But your right... With the flick, it is going to go left (RHBH) lol! I've got it to where it flies straighter than normal, but it still has that left angled slant.

So far my favorite shot with it was at my home course. There is a hole that has three lines, and one of them goes out, and doglegs around a tree to the left for a long stretch to the basket. Throwing it straight and flat, it hugged the corner around the tree, and glided right to the basket! ...for a duece! :) Now I pray for sharp left turning doglegs! lol

It's a 172 Z Flick

I have played with my Flick and have learned more and more every round just how many different things this thing can do. The guy I disc golf with the most complained that while I have been getting more and more distance, he has always been able to beat me by his great putting and just patience waiting for me to throw a wild drive into trouble, but I have gotten more dangerous in that situation; according to him, when I reach for that Flick.

Flex shots. Big hyzers. Skip shots. Overhand. Rollers. It does it all and; I am playing around with a new shot where I can skip it and it will turn left, stand on end and roll when it lands from the skip.

Love this disc.

I'm going to have to look into that skip shot. I can see how it would work well doing that. I love pulling out the flick for a flex shot. The disc is definitely in my "favorites" list. The only problem I have, is that I can't really use it on any of my courses here! lol Hopefully that will be subject to change! ;)

SUPER overstable disc. Definately need the arm to throw it. Sort of between Innova's Firebird and Monster.

I found one as well. With one of Discrafts sponsored tossers name on it. Can't really make out the number.

Miles Seaborn I have your FLICK!!! (tree island off #9 at Z-boaz)

Flick integral to my forehand development

I have a candy flick that is beyond flat to concave. Seriously. Never seen anything like it.

Anyway, when I was learning the forehand I could rip this disc as hard as I could and not flip it over. **nothing more frustrating than going forehand on a left-to-right dogleg only to have it go left and left and left**

I find the flick to be my most predictable disc. Throw it flat and hard and it goes predictably straight before a wicked turn and skip to the right. A thing of beauty!

I like it so much I bought a z-flick that's 150 class, and it's domey and crappy. It's all about getting the flat or concave flick! That's what sets this disc apart.

There are only 2 discs that were in my bag 4 years ago that are still in my bag today. One is my putter. The other is my 175 Z Flick.

In addition to being my primary (forehand) driver for short/mid length left-to-right drives, for the past two years I've being forehanding a lot of approach shots with my Flick. It's lack of glide helps me drop it right where I want it.

I'm considering getting a new one because I think mine is worn to the point of being not as piggish as it used to be.

Not too long ago someone had told me that the 150 flick was a good thumber disc but I find that hard to believe especially in windy conditions. Anyone ever try throwing it as a thumber?

SUPER overstable disc. Definately need the arm to throw it. Sort of between Innova's Firebird and Monster.

I agree with this. Also the inside rim is very shallow. Some folks like this as it makes it easy to release, otheres don't, ymmv.

Either you have a wet noodle for an arm, or the discs blows. I can bomb my flick 350ft. It is very overstable though. It is great for forehand drives or skip shots.

Not too long ago someone had told me that the 150 flick was a good thumber disc but I find that hard to believe especially in windy conditions. Anyone ever try throwing it as a thumber?

Never tried a 150 but a 167-170 works great.

Great thumber disc. Even the 150 class. It's crazy how the wind doesn't seem to affect it for being 150g. I think alot of it has to do with the very narrow edge though.

Latest posts