• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

Didn't know about that. Who did Cam sign with? Cam Todd, Eric McCabe, Paige Pierce and Juliana Korver (I think) are all former World Champs that Discraft has lost. Still love the company but why can't they keep talent?
Because even with their credentials, the talent was only of as much value to them as they were willing to pay.

Sorry, but a guy who won a single World Championship thirteen years ago is so thirteen years ago.

Didn't know about that. Who did Cam sign with? Cam Todd, Eric McCabe, Paige Pierce and Juliana Korver (I think) are all former World Champs that Discraft has lost. Still love the company but why can't they keep talent?

World Champs?! :rolleyes: "who gives a..." about them! :\

This thread I guess proves being a Pro Disc Golfer is a lost cause-- even if you win a world championship you still don't matter. lolololol :doh:

Signature Discs = skullduggery. :p

If you needed this thread to let you know being a pro disc golfer was a lost cause. You were probably dillusional to begin with and any amount of reasoning thrown your way would be met with asshattery.

If you needed this thread to let you know being a pro disc golfer was a lost cause. You were probably dillusional to begin with and any amount of reasoning thrown your way would be met with asshattery.

I mean you have spent money on a website that is all about disc golf. To play disc golf enough to be on a message board about it, you should care about the pros within the sport. It's the only way to make it something better.

I wonder what the PDGA's response to this type of sentiment would be...

Would people stop using the phrase "Discraft is doing just fine" or its equally annoying variant "Discraft will be just fine" in this thread? I've read it at least fifty times. It's condescending, for one, and super overused and annoying. Yeesh.

It's also—in all likelihood—true, and is therefore a legitimate and an appropriate response to the prophets of gloom and doom proclaiming the end of Discraft.

Discraft doesn't make a quality product?

I would disagree.

I'd disagree too, they do make a quality product. A few dud models here and there, but the quality has stayed consistently good. DC's not the brand whose staples players swear by, but refuse to buy off the shelf.

I'd disagree too, they do make a quality product. A few dud models here and there, but the quality has stayed consistently good.

So wait, you mean its actually a GOOD thing you can buy 10 year old DC discs at under stock prices from PIAS and they fly pretty much the same as those today? Whowuldathunkit... :p

I mean you have spent money on a website that is all about disc golf. To play disc golf enough to be on a message board about it, you should care about the pros within the sport. It's the only way to make it something better.

:thmbup: I agree with this. Not only do I love this game, but I really like paying attention to the best players in the world. I follow top PDGA results and enjoy watching youtube videos of top tournaments. Along with that, I like to know what the top players are throwing, why they throw those discs and appreciate their recommendations of their particular brand. As a fan of Discraft and of one of NC's best players (Cam Todd), of course I'm interested in why he isn't with DC anymore. If Tiger Woods left Nike, it would be reasonable for a golf fan to take interest in that.

What I'm basically getting from this thread is that there are hundreds, if not thousands of Paul McBeth's out there...

Just waiting to pick up their first disc.

No offense to Cam Todd, but this would be like if the Champ left Innova.

Not the best metaphor I could come up with, just trying to make a point. I've seen Cam at several tournaments, shook his hand, very polite and represented Discraft well.

People still are talking about the antique comet on this site!

I haven't read through this thread, and I'm sure someone has already said this or so touched on it somehow, but the "antique comet" is still a VERY relevant disc. No hate to the OP what-so-ever, I totally understand his points and appreciate his opinion, but I can do unspeakable things with my comets that no other discs can come close to.

In my opinion the Comet is up there with the Aviar and Teebird molds and is timeless.

That said, I haven't thrown a Dcraft driver in years, or really anything but a Comet from Dcraft. :)

Last edited:
I'd disagree too, they do make a quality product. A few dud models here and there, but the quality has stayed consistently good. DC's not the brand whose staples players swear by, but refuse to buy off the shelf.

Gotcha. I kinda guessed who you were referring to.

Latest posts