• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

So wait, you mean its actually a GOOD thing you can buy 10 year old DC discs at under stock prices from PIAS and they fly pretty much the same as those today? Whowuldathunkit... :p

Every Z Buzzz I've ever thrown has been dang near identical in all but color.

I watched something on netflix recently about that era. Maybe it was the Bo Jackson thing ESPN did but they made a pretty good argument that the Bo Knows campaign actually had a lot to do with getting Nike out there as the main name in apparel and shoes but the Jordan endorsement certainly solidified Nike as being the basketball shoe above all else. After that every college and NBA team was dropping Reebok, Adidas, and Converse to get on board with Nike.

Haven't read all these post, but two I found interesting both mentioned Nike... as a retired 17 year employee of NIKE, I can tell ya... the Bo Knows campaign, and signing Jordan were both big..as was signing Tiger woods... GOOD for the Athletes the sport and Nike, visit their Campus in Beaverton, and you'll find a building named after all three of these athletes... When Nike names its first building after a disc golfer... THEN Discraft might reconsider there marketing plan.

Every Z Buzzz I've ever thrown has been dang near identical in all but color.

Not for me. My 2005 Buzzzes and my new one (2014) are vastly different and not just because of wear, I've thrown new bar stamps before and they fly like a newer X Buzzz while the new Z Buzzz seems to fly more like a Z Wasp.

I think some of DC more recent offerings are really addressing some of the holes they had in their line, specifically, the Crank, Mantis and Heat.

When did Discraft start imprinting disc info on the inner rim, and are they still doing it? Went to a PIAS last week and some had it and others didn't. Too me the info in relief on the rim is a stupid move.

I noticed it in Zones during the Hybrid and Glo ESP runs. I agree with you. It's why I didn't keep throwing Predators, and it's why I'm glad that I hoarded a ton of untooled Zones.

When did Discraft start imprinting disc info on the inner rim, and are they still doing it? Went to a PIAS last week and some had it and others didn't. Too me the info in relief on the rim is a stupid move.
What don't you like about it? I like it because it provides positive mold ID for club and tourney stamps. I've never noticed it when I grip, but if you don't like it, it's easy enough to avoid... it's not like it goes all around the rim.

I put my fingers in there for extra grip BION.

Just annoys me to feel it on my fingers, I'm used to a certain feel. Yes, I do turn it to the blank area, but I always have that "damn, here we go again find the spot" notion going through my head that I don't have to do with any other manufacturers discs.

So is it a new thing on all their discs now?

So is it a new thing on all their discs now?

I have no Idea how long Discraft has tooled the inner rim, but I like it too.. for the reason stated above, mold identification... stamps get worn off, traded, dyed etc...

I have no Idea how long Discraft has tooled the inner rim, but I like it too.. for the reason stated above, mold identification... stamps get worn off, traded, dyed etc...

Me too. I know it's been on the Drone for a good while, but not sure about the rest.

It's been there as long as I can remember.

I know the Predator, Challenger, Buzzz, and Wasp all have had rim tooling for years. I believe the Wasp lost it for a bit around the time Ti was released.

Oh well, I guess I'm in the "I hate the rim tooling" minority then. Will have to keep my eye out for Predators without it and stock up.

All Predators have tooling, sorry. The earlier ones just had the beveled-edge patent numbers where the Xs are now with the rest being the same as what's there today.

Last edited:
Love Discraft. I bag a Wasp, Buzzz (2), Comet (2), Magnet (2), Mantis, and a stable Avenger SS. I really like the Flash, Crank, and others. They just haven't replaced my trusty favorites.

Still waiting on that sponsorship Discraft!

Just thought of a great marketing strategy. Discraft should sponsor course pros or volunteer or TDs. The interaction these people have with other dgers is much greater than pros.

Latest posts