• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft NUKE?????

I am looking forward to this disc because alot of people i know like discraft, however i think that the whole argument over innova and discraft is redundant its all about you and how you throw. i have never thrown a discraft disc consistently, only the wasp and buzz have the consistence that i look for. the force fell short on me everytime i threw it but whip out my destroyer or xcal or boss and i out drove the force everytime the force would flip on me and it was brand new elite z plastic. the magnet is a great putter and so is the x putter but overall i have been disappointed by ever discraft disc i have thrown. i'm hoping though with the nuke that they finally make a driver i will throw and enjoy throwing. But discraft is a quality product just not for me i havent experience any driver by them that i would throw over innova or latitude 64 they have never held true for me they turn to often. when they come out with a disc that is as good a driver as the boss xcal or destroyer or wraith for that matter i'll throw it with high regard but if it doesnt hold true then i dont think discraft will be in my bag unless its a wasp. there are so many innova discs and so many that i throw that are perfect for me and my form whether or not thats the same for everyone doesnt matter what matters is you and you alone to attack one company because the other isnt up to your standards just shows your ignorance. discraft is a great product and innova is a great product but me myself i'll stick with innova till discraft makes a driver that is consistent and beefy.

Sounds like this was all we were able to get superium... Buy a white one and you can dye it any color you want!

;)

thanks for asking though!

got one of the First Runs the other day. 169g Red. Gonna wait til this snow is gone til i throw it tho. our teepads are still covered with 2in of ice and 6+in of snow :( looking forward to throwing it. feels reaaly good in the hand. Not domey at all....in fact none of the 15 or so he got in were domey all were realitively flat. ill throw my 2 cents in after i throw it.

I picked one up at Disc Nation in Austin, TX, it is a fun disc to throw, and one of these days, I just might be able to throw it a bit more consistent. Now it is like 2 out of 7 throws it does just what I am trying to do, but the other 5 I seem to come up a tad short with it.

Any comments on whether or not the "First Run" ESP plastic feels like the "Memorial Edition" ESP?

The plastic feels pretty close and it is at least 90% the same as the Memorials.......not really stiff since the flightplate doesn't "pop" but not too gummy either. My Green one is a tad stiffer then my red one.

I will probably stick with my old one until I see if I can get some more 1st Runs.

While these discs fly far, so far I've messed up 3 of them in about a month. One hit the ground and mysteriously had the rim almost cut all the way through. I hit a couple of trees off the teepad with another and several spots on the wing are totally bent down. Finally, I have one that I've been playing with for a while and I haven't hit any close to the teepad, and it has several small rim bends and if you set it down on a flat surface, it doesn't sit flat. They are charging ESP prices for discs that wear like pro or X plastic. I'm done with them...who wants to constantly be replacing discs or have their distance driver get squirrely in the middle of a round?

While these discs fly far, so far I've messed up 3 of them in about a month. One hit the ground and mysteriously had the rim almost cut all the way through. I hit a couple of trees off the teepad with another and several spots on the wing are totally bent down. Finally, I have one that I've been playing with for a while and I haven't hit any close to the teepad, and it has several small rim bends and if you set it down on a flat surface, it doesn't sit flat. They are charging ESP prices for discs that wear like pro or X plastic. I'm done with them...who wants to constantly be replacing discs or have their distance driver get squirrely in the middle of a round?

Wow that doesn't sound like fun at all.

Any plans for a run of Z plastic?

On another note, I threw a friends 174 nuke the other day and found it less stable than my 168 star katana. That seems a little off from what I've been hearing.

Any plans for a run of Z plastic?

On another note, I threw a friends 174 nujke the other day and found it less stable than my 168 star katana. That seems a little off from what I've been hearing.

If it was beat, this could easily be the case...and as discspeed said, they beat fast. I know a few people that have had them for around a month and chunks, not scratches or even gouges, are coming out of them when they hit something solid.

Z plastic? I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. If they had to change the ESP plastic enough to make it as bad as it is in the Nuke, they'll probably have a ton of problems making Z plastic fit the requirements.

The plus side for the nuke is that has some crazy disc skip height . I ve seen it skip as high as 15 ft. High. I have a yellow memorial disc , and Michigan dg open nuke . Both are really good in my opinion. I use it mainly for hella skip .

Here lsone I found online when the brlefore the first runs came out .
b6cba5e2.jpg

I have a first run ESP Nuke that has hit its fair share of trees, but has come away with only a few little scratches and bark marks around the rim. Do different runs of it have different durability? It's also possible that my weak arm isn't allowing the Nuke to hit the trees hard enough...

Latest posts