• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Punisher

I'm really starting get annoyed by all these shallow drivers as they don't feel right in my hand BH or FH, though FH doesn't matter quite as much. 1.2-1.3 cm depth is comfortable, 1.1 isn't especially if the disc is flat or firm.

They especially don't feel right for me on a FH. I need that 1.2 depth, that's why I'm hesitant about the Machete. After the Crush got put OOP I'm lost on that slot. Leaning towards a Champion XCaliber.

Anyone got any word on this? I saw something about a double bead but it looked like a ****ty flashing trimming job to me. You folks that went to BAG Ams are slacking with the info here.

Punisher Quick Review

I've thrown the punisher about 20 times now and can offer my thoughts on it. A little background on me: I'm a 985 player who typically throws the typical Nuke, Force, and Crank driver setup. For me the punisher is clearly slower than all three mentioned before. It has a somewhat strange rim/wing which boasts 2 small beads on the top and bottom. Similar to a flash...:gross: It is fairly stable. To me it flew like a slower force. A very small amount of turn brand new with a decent fade. When throwing max distance shots in a field, it came up about 40 feet short of my nukes and cranks. If this disc had more glide, it would be in my bag. I just don't see why I would carry this disc when the force exists. Fun to throw, but not a must get. I was hoping for a slightly more stable Crank, but I suppose I'll keep waiting.

Looks like this will be released at the end of the month. Anyone else have anymore info on it?

Would love numbers like 12 speed and turn -2

Last edited:
Will Schusterick

Don't know if there is such an "effect," though. Lots of factors in addition to marriage. Nate and Val seem very disc golf focused. I'm excited to see them both shred De la Veaga this weekend.

Looks like these will be a 1.7 on discrafts flight ratings. A Force is 2.0 and a Crank is 1.3 for comparison.

A little more overstable than i was hoping for but i will definitely be trying one out

ban_17punisher.jpg

The page is up
http://www.discraft.com/prod_punisher_z.html

just picked one of these up. mine is very flat for me it flies straight with a late hard fade. it flies a lot like a pulse just a little fast. mine is so flat on top my first thought was flick ss. to give it the ratings I would say 11 5 0 3. This is based on 1 disc that I thrown.

I miss the classic, minimalist Z stamps. The Fly Dye discs still have them, but those were so pretty. (Elite Z on bottom, mold name on top)

Latest posts