• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Putters?

I throw both Soft and D Magnets and love the crap out of them. A beat Soft Magnet is an amazing touch approach disc. I throw a lot of dead nuts straight drives and smooth gliding anhyzer shots. In the summer I like stiff D Magnets for putting and Soft Magnets for throwing. In winter I transition to all Soft Magnets as the D doesn't really get along with my hands in the cold.

I know a fair number of people that swear by Challengers, FLX, soft, and D. I think if you prefer a putter with a touch of fade, a Soft of D Challenger is a great choice. I have a FLX Challenger but don't really have a use for it and I have a FLX Crystal one that is oddly understable.

hard magnet
/end thread

Kinda pusses me off when people put/thread like your opinon is right

I love alot of discraft putters I stuck with the soft banger I love it. I have alot of friends that us them, one can suck any putt anywhere with his challengers so glidy another with a putt'r and another giant hand friend with a rattler

Kinda pusses me off when people put/thread like your opinon is right

I love alot of discraft putters I stuck with the soft banger I love it. I have alot of friends that us them, one can suck any putt anywhere with his challengers so glidy another with a putt'r and another giant hand friend with a rattler

I love when people complain about quotes from 2009 :|

Soft Banger GT. Great googly moogly this putter is awesome. Great feeling X plastic and the groove top creates such a consistent feel. I used to putt with KC Aviars and after almost 9 years with it I decided I wanted something less stable. I picked up a S-Banger GT at a Play It Again Sports, played 1 round with it and never looked back. My putting has never been better. My only complaint is that the plastic does seem to ding up quickly but it hasn't affected the flight for me yet. Time will tell. I want Discraft to bring back ESP Banger GT's. Would like to see them in Z or Titanium also.

I have at one point owned almost all the discraft and dga putters minus the putt'r and the zeppelin. I really like the challenger, magnet and banger. I love the feel of the thumb track and the depth of the banger but the lack of a premium plastic counterpart is what led me away from them. I swap between the challenger and the magnet. I love them both, hard D for summers and softs for winter. Can't go wrong with either because you can pick up both disc in esp/proline for extra durability off the tee and you have the two base line plastic options. I like the magnet's glide and float they can be putted a little easier than the challenger but aren't as stable. I say grab one of each and get to testing! :thmbup:

Last edited:
I carry 4 putters; Millinnium Omega soft, a R-Pro Pig, an ancient Innova XD, and another ancient Discraft Rattler. Each has their own purpose- my main putter inside 10 feet is the XD, 10 feet to 20 I use the Omega or the Rattler (depending on the wind), and the R-Pro Pig is when I need to get around something. But the Discraft Rattler is a staple in my bag- I feel naked without it.

Latest posts