• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Stalker (Poll)

How do you feel about the Discraft Stalker?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stalkers RULE!

Nate, which ones you tossin? Fr's,weights, color?

Throwing "Z" max weight 176....but esp is fun too, little more turn. I see(forum) others turning them over. I just throw flat with no snap(hand shoulder high), or hyzer down hill or level with lots of snap. I can throw high/long anhyzers that need controlled finish too...gl...youll get the most on down hill str8 at baskets where you need distance but no skip; and elevated tight shots where skip may hurt too....:thmbup:

I have the esp version from the pdga and it is my new go to driver. I have to talk myself into pulling anything out of my bag. No matter what you looking at off the tee the stalker has it covered

Someone recently gave me a stalker a few weeks ago. It was Elite Z and like a 167 or something. I liked it, but it was a little flippy. But I think that was just cause I was throwing it hard?
either way one day I plan on getting a new one max weight, then I will make my decision

RIght On!

I'm currently in love with my TLs... I'll have to try a Stalker sometime!

Huge fan of trackers....TL just a pinch more over stable, but love the properties of discs following similar designs, basically flat wing....i.e. tracker, TLs, SLs, surgeSS, venom, glide, meteor, STALKER, and even the impact....basically very workable, but softlanding discs

Someone recently gave me a stalker a few weeks ago. It was Elite Z and like a 167 or something. I liked it, but it was a little flippy. But I think that was just cause I was throwing it hard?
either way one day I plan on getting a new one max weight, then I will make my decision

If it was a 167 I'd think it's more likely to turn (especially if you're throwing it with too much mustard or OAT)...

I've been working with a 174 (I think!) and it's pretty smooth and responsive as long as I don't try to really muscle it. Throw it like you'd throw a mid-range disc...it should go nice and straight (and FAR!)... I'd use the 167 if I had a straight shot and a tailwind, though...that would be nice... :hfive:

My XLs haven't been doing the job lately, so I threw my buddy's Stalker for a round on the shots I would normally use an XL for. Seemed to work like a charm, although it might have been a little beginner's luck. Either way, my next move is going to be the switch between the two.

I can't kick my Glow Z out of the bag, it's indispensable for a certain wooded fairways and holes just too long for a mid. Regular Z didn't float my boat though, didn't seem to carry as well.

Huge fan of trackers....TL just a pinch more over stable, but love the properties of discs following similar designs, basically flat wing....i.e. tracker, TLs, SLs, surgeSS, venom, glide, meteor, STALKER, and even the impact....basically very workable, but softlanding discs

[derail]

When you hand write sentences do you use 4 periods between fragments?

I can't imagine the abuse the period key on your keyboard takes.

[/derail]

Jury is still out on my Z Stalker. It will take a lot for it to replace the Champ Teebird as my go-to fairway driver.

I liked my Stalkers until I got better at throwing my mid-range. Now my mid is going as far and straight as my Stalker. I haven't given up on it yet, but either my form isn't ready for it, or my mid can handle the shot. Jury is still out.

Z stalker is a great disc. it is similar to a leopard, but it is faster. i have a 175 Z stalker (as well as my PDGA stalker, but I don't throw that)

I have replaced my champ leopard with the Z stalker. extremely straight, very little fade, lands nice and soft.

great glide on the disc that doesn't need to be powered.

in response to it being flippy, i have heard that mainly about the ESP one, or lighter weights.

in respone to "i'd rather use a mid", that is fine, but the stalker will go a little longer on a straight line and can get better distances thrown gently

I liked my Stalkers until I got better at throwing my mid-range. Now my mid is going as far and straight as my Stalker.

I agree with this. My Stalkers only go 10-20' farther than my Buzzzes and they need more height to go farther.

When I need the extra 10-20 feet on a straight line (or other consistent line), I use the Stalker over the Buzzz...but I still love my Buzzz.

yes.

i frakking love my stalker. it is money in the bank and i would choose it or a DGA squall for a one-disc round.

I couldn't handle the Z-Stalker at max weight.
Then i got an ESP PDGA Stalker at 167g and I'm growing very fond of it.
I just try not to throw it where I can't see it land (it's shiny black).