• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Titanium (now with pics)

In rear wind with all kinds of grip variations my Ti Stalker seemed very HSS and way more LSS for the role of a longer Buzzz. The Ti fades about as hard as i remember an overstable Glo Z Stalker to fade. My Ti behaves more like a driver than a mid. I could not get it to flip at full power. It faded more than my Z Wasp. I need to test it in other wind conditions as well but now that it fades more than a Leopard by a different role slot i am unsure if i can find a use for it. If the Leo is a straight FW the Ti Stalker is a moderately overstable tweener or even a mid being so short from the fade. I need to do a side by side test of my Z, Glo Z and Ti Stalker. Some interesting things can happen...

I'm pleased to see the Ti 177 colorshift Buzzz I picked up is a stable flier. Its stability falls between my seasoned to straight 181 blue FR Buzzz and my slightly overstable newish 178 red FR Buzzz, but the Ti overlaps both too much to make the bag. Ti held a dead straight line in light wind conditions with a late gradual fade the last 20% of the flight on a low line at 250' and was stable at 300' on similar low lines. My red FR's fade kicked in about the same time but the fade was more pronounced and as such a tad shorted. My 177 Ti displayed a surprisingly tight s-curve when I gave it some x-step snap with my forehand out over 250'. The embossing made for some extra grip, which I liked, and should be useful in the hot and humid Memphis summer. Mine is a colorshift blue and I recently bought another regular blue in the max weight range. I'm curious to test how they'll compare, and as Booter questioned, how they'll beat in. My first runs are stiff and flat but so is the Ti.

Ti left vs FR right:

dscn0112y.jpg

dscn0113u.jpg

I like how the Ti Stalker handles winds well. It fades more than normal Z Stalkers close or identical to my overstable Glow Z Stalker. Seppo Paju tried mine on a 125 meter hole and it faded out on him. I suspect he thought it would be straighter and would go farther. I don't recall for sure but it think it was a right wind with moderate speed. Seppo said he didn't like the slick grip and i thought it has a good grip for a hard plastic. Especially in the roughened area. Seppo probably did not hold the disc there.

Ti Wasp? Anyone getting the dealer newsletter from Discraft? What is release date for distribution to major retailers? Thanks!

niuvalleycane said:
Ti Wasp? Anyone getting the dealer newsletter from Discraft? What is release date for distribution to major retailers? Thanks!
AO says Ti Wasps, Forces and Nukes on June 8th.

You meant to link this

http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8315

7ontheline said:
Has anyone noticed any flight variances from Buzzzes of the same weight but different colors?
I went through a stack of them, and all were the same PLH except a couple of green ones. Can't remember though if they were higher or lower...

jubuttib said:
7ontheline said:
Has anyone noticed any flight variances from Buzzzes of the same weight but different colors?
I went through a stack of them, and all were the same PLH except a couple of green ones. Can't remember though if they were higher or lower...

... and how did they fly, the same? I've noticed that green FR Buzzzes are less stable than the blue ones. Again, are all the Ti Buzzzes equally stable regardless of color. I'm guessing the green ones are less stable (lower PLH) than the others in the stack your threw or did you just compare the PLHs in the stack of them that you looked at? I've got four of different colors but only thrown the Blue. If they fly the same then I'll just keep the other three in unthrown condition perhaps as tradebait.

Anyone thrown more than one color with an opionion on stability? Thanks

7ontheline said:
jubuttib said:
7ontheline said:

... and how did they fly, the same? I've noticed that green FR Buzzzes are less stable than the blue ones. Again, are all the Ti Buzzzes equally stable regardless of color. I'm guessing the green ones are less stable (lower PLH) than the others in the stack your threw or did you just compare the PLHs in the stack of them that you looked at? I've got four of different colors but only thrown the Blue. If they fly the same then I'll just keep the other three in unthrown condition perhaps as tradebait.

Anyone thrown more than one color with an opionion on stability? Thanks
I couldn't throw them (waaaaaaaay to expensive), but did buy a purple one @ 177+. It was definitely more understable than any new Z Buzzz I've ever thrown.

From what I've seen the Buzzz has never veered from the usual rule that higher PLH => more overstable, so I'd expect all the ones with identical PLH to fly identically.

My purple TI Buzzzes are slightly less stable than my gold ones of the same weight. I'm throwing all 175g Buzzzes. The gold ones are perfect, and the purple are going into the slightly seasoned/very straight slot, which is still good.

I didn't get a purple (sound more understable) to test but will compare PLHs of my blue, yellow, orange, and pink.

I'm with you, they're $pendy but I'd like to keep the more stable of the bunch and sell/trade the others.

Ditto the gold remarks.....got one in trade and had a chance I throw it against my fave ESP Buzzzz....the movement of huge Ti was really nice and it went plenty far...they feel more compact and small o me even thigh they are the same size...just something about the material the feels compact and solid