• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Titanium (now with pics)

i would love to see a ti surge. is dga going to have any ti discs? a ti rogue might be sick.

Paige got the Stalker for her worlds win, will Sarah get a disc as well? I have no idea what she throws, but hopefully its a comet or zone.

So what's the story on the Ti Wasp? Just how dirty is it? People are saying that it glides well, is dirty code for glidey?

rooneytunes said:
So what's the story on the Ti Wasp? Just how dirty is it? People are saying that it glides well, is dirty code for glidey?

It is beefier not glidier than Z Buzzz and the more power you have the better it is.

My heavy blue colorshift Ti Wasp is more overstable and has less glide than the same weight Z production Wasp. It is also ultra flat, which I like. I think it fits perfectly where a Wasp should, between the overstable Buzzzes and the Drones of the world. That being said, I don't throw it a lot. Sort of a situational disc. I also just got my first batch of Ti Forces and Nukes. All Blue 174s. They are very overstable. The Forces are very flat across the tops, and resemble the Flick, only thicker, both in form and function. My forehand hasn't been tremendous lately, and these are overstable enough they sort of jump out of my hand and fly/crash high and then right, RHFH. Perhaps with some practice they could be useful, but they are every bit as piggish/meaty as any Z Force I have ever thrown. This came as a bit of a surprise, as the scuttlebutt was that they were LESS stable than designed. The Nukes I got are domey, and the one I threw is terffically overstable. My takeaway as far as Ti is concerned is that in all the molds besides the Buzzz, they are more overstable than the prodution counterparts. The Stalkers are like mini-Preds, the Wasps are like the best Z Wasps. This is also not based on a huge sample group, but seems to hold true in my experience, and from others I have spoken to.
KP

Even flat high shoulder concave winged Ti Buzzzes are more HSS and LSS than good Z Buzzzes. The less overstable Buzzzes and Stalkers than good Zs that others have described here were shaped like less overstable than normal Z Buzzes and Stalkers especially.

Anybody know how the TI Forces, and TI Nukes fly in comparison to their Z counterparts? I had picked up a TI Stalker recently, and was surprised by how over-stable it flew for me. I thought it would hyzer-flip out of the gate, and I was wrong, lol. Threw it flat, still didn't turn. I get more turn out of my NukeOS. I'm hoping the Forces, and Nukes fly more overstable as well.

rooneytunes said:

My 178 flat gold Ti wasp is not glidey compared to the two buzzzes and qms that round out my mid range game. My buzzzes go 15% further than the Ti Wasp on similar low lines with similar power. If I have the room for a 250-300' hyzer, face a moderate headwind, or have trouble/OB on the right (RHBH), I feel I can power the wasp close enough to get up and down instead of overthinking the shot. It's dirty because the fade is very reliable.

JR said:
The less overstable Buzzzes and Stalkers than good Zs that others have described here were shaped like less overstable than normal Z Buzzes and Stalkers especially.

:arrow: What especially are you saying JR :?:

Also, it sounds like I might need to find a beat Ti Nuke before its flippy enough for my noodle arm, high line turnover shot. Maybe next year...

Both Ti and Z varations within and across plastics seem to go along with similar disc shape changes. In Buzzzes flat topped high shoulder deeply concave wings make the discs more overstable and with the same shape Ti seems to be a little more overstable than a similarly shaped Z. I have seen more understable shaped domed less steeply concave winged lower PLH Ti discs that are less HSS than the good overstable shaped Zs.

lovely

20120917_171138.jpg

20120917_171147.jpg

i was very surprised to see such bright colors in ti. cant wait to toss them

I think I'm understanding you now JR. Its the same discs vary observations where the shape that makes them more or less overstable or understable depends on typical domey/flat, high/low PLH variences, with a new added twist of Ti being a touch more stable than Z all things being equal.

I can't speak to the glide of Ti vs. Z wasps but I have thrown a buddy's old school seasoned esp wasp that was still overstable. I'd stay my Ti wasp's glide was very similar and could easily hit the same lines as his much loved esp wasp. YMMV, as the Finns would say, depending on how your particular disc molds up.

Booter, I want that first seafoam colored wasp, very nice.

Latest posts