• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Zone to replace a few discs in my bag.

I love the Zone for forehand approaches and overstable drives. Also, I like it for trick shots.

I have an ESP and a team stamped red Z Zone and the Z is gummy! I used to throw Rhyno's and had a gummy zippertop Rhyno, but this Z Zone feels just as good if not better!

this thread = discraft circle jerk.

And I've never read an Innova circle jerk either...

It's a thread about the Zone. Get over it. If you want to talk about Pigs, start a new thread, but beware the Prerube.

I've thrown Rhynos, Gators, Drones, Hornets, Pains, Wasps and Shockwaves and the Zone is more reliable in these Tornado Alley winds. If it's a wide open field I can flex it out to 275 ft. but usually use it for 230 ft. and in. I forgot they made Z Zones and y'all are making me want one.

And I've never read an Innova circle jerk either...

It's a thread about the Zone. Get over it. If you want to talk about Pigs, start a new thread, but beware the Prerube.

really? i'm pretty sure he said he has a pig and is wondering if he should switch to the zone. i think that makes the pig relevant in this conversation; or did you just zone out when you saw zone in the title?

I'd say the ESP Zone will replace your Pig and Rhyno, and DX Gator, but I'd vote for adding a beadless Star Gator for longer, different "S" lines through trees. They each have their place solidified in my bag, for saving strokes in different situations.

I love the Zone for forehand approaches and overstable drives. Also, I like it for trick shots.

I have an ESP and a team stamped red Z Zone and the Z is gummy! I used to throw Rhyno's and had a gummy zippertop Rhyno, but this Z Zone feels just as good if not better!

What kind of trick shots?
Something you'd be faced with in a round?
Or setting up a basket and playing shots off of obstacles, etc.?

So what's the deal with Z Zones? I heard they were supposed to do another run of them but they couldn't because of contractual issues? Maybe somebody on this forum can enlighten me please? thanks

The original requestor has exclusive rights to the Z Zone for one year and decided not to order more. I imagine Discraft will run more once that contract expires.

Trick shots during a round. For instance if I am 70 away with no lane, I use a Zone to make something happen because that is a little short for a Teebird.

I can usually backhand mine around 250 with a little S or flick it about 260 with some S. It is useful for a lot of a lot of things.

really? i'm pretty sure he said he has a pig and is wondering if he should switch to the zone. i think that makes the pig relevant in this conversation; or did you just zone out when you saw zone in the title?

The one thing I hate about a Pig is the unwanted roll aways. I never throw it if there is a hill nearby. Once it starts to roll, forget about it. I think that it's because such a high percentage of its weight is in the rim. One really good use I've found for the Pig is for warm-up throws. It doesn't go too far, so there's less walking to retrieve it. Also, I seem to get the same distance out of the Pig as I do the Gator. So one of those will definitely be dropped.

The original requestor has exclusive rights to the Z Zone for one year and decided not to order more. I imagine Discraft will run more once that contract expires.

Ok thanks! I thought I heard something about that before. I don't know why DD wouldn't want to order more? I know they sold very well

I'm not 100% sure the Dynamic Discs is the original requestor. The name was never officially revealed. I know they sold most of them, but they could've bought them from someone other than Discraft.

I think the original requestor was someone affiliated with a Michigan club. They ordered some Sparkle Z ones also that only members of the club could buy from what I remember. Definitely sucks, because I wouldn't mind if Z Zones became regular production...

DD was original requester. the sparkle zones came out later and was a smaller run than the DD z zone run

While the zone is my choice, you definitely dont need three short overstable discs, zone or not.

So I got a used esp Zone to try out. It's in pretty good shape, maybe not quite beat in as my Pig. The only problem I had was throwing a disc that flies like an overstable putter that feels like a mid in my hand. I got the hang of it after a while, flies very similar to a Pig , feels very different in my hand. The Zone does a pretty good job of sitting close to where it lands. Has a minimal skip if it lands at higher speed. I like it though, a little less distance than the Gator, better grip than the XG Rhyno.

If anyone has any Z zones id be willing to buy/trade for them.
:)

I have a 173g Midnight Z Zone limited edition. I don't throw it much, its been out of the bag because my esp is still money. I would trade it for the right disc or two. Pm me a list of trades or an offer.

Latest posts