• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discrafts misprint deal is awesome

A bit funny seeing the Riverside Drive event stamps since I actually played in that event! Also got a Smashed Potatoes Z Challenger - I like the stamp on that one as well.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy although I'm not very familiar with overstable drivers, but I'll learn.

I will probably try removing some of the stamps (especially the one on the flick, that one really bothers me) with acetone after I do a little research. On the surge that doesn't have a picture in the middle -the one on the left in the photo- there's an imprint from the stamping itself, just no ink or whatever. It's pretty ugly and I don't think there's much I can do about that one. It makes me wonder if the same thing will remain on the other discs if I try removing the stamps.
The flash and force could both easily pass for slightly used discs except all of the discs have a stamp imprinted on the underside of the face plate that reads "discraft misprint".

Yeah, the potatoes challenger is probably the looker of the group. I really don't know what to make of that crystal plastic though.. I mean it's cool looking but what else is it good for? The riverside drive stamps are pretty cool; that's what the imprint was of on the surge I was talking about in the previous post.

Discraft stamps are about the worst of the bunch to get off. Innova stamps come off so nice and easy. Beware of black Discraft stamps, they seldom come off and you just end up with a nasty looking disc. With a little practice you can get the stamps off most discs pretty easily though. You'll need lots of acetone and paper towels.:)

Im thinking about ordering these and driving to go pick them up...its only 3 hours away from where I am....and by detroit im sure they have some good courses around there due to discraft headquarters being there! lol

If you do drive to pick them up realize that you will probly get as far as the front door and thats about it. For some reason they dont like to let people in the facility. I have ordered lots of stuff from them and they prefer to ship it, they dont like visitors. There are lots of sweet courses in the area check out Hudson Mills, Kensington, or Cass Benton. Those are all pretty sweet courses in the area. Hudson Mills has 2 24hole courses one of the holes there is 1000ft+ from the pro tees, 600+ from the ams. Cass Benton is a challenging course to with some pretty cool holes. Definitely worth the drive just to play. I know there are some newer courses in the area to that I havent played yet that are pretty sweet from what I've heard.

These courses may be a bit out of the way, but Addison Oaks and Holly Woods are both excellent courses in SE MI also.

If you do drive to pick them up realize that you will probly get as far as the front door and thats about it. For some reason they dont like to let people in the facility. I have ordered lots of stuff from them and they prefer to ship it, they dont like visitors. There are lots of sweet courses in the area check out Hudson Mills, Kensington, or Cass Benton. Those are all pretty sweet courses in the area. Hudson Mills has 2 24hole courses one of the holes there is 1000ft+ from the pro tees, 600+ from the ams. Cass Benton is a challenging course to with some pretty cool holes. Definitely worth the drive just to play. I know there are some newer courses in the area to that I havent played yet that are pretty sweet from what I've heard.

yeah hudson mills would be on my goto list....im still debating it though....whoever said in another thread that as soon as you order new plastic you start losing your old stuff is extremly true! lol!! I lost my Avenger SS (nice turnover disc) and my Champ panther, and my champ tbird....needless to say I havn't lost a disc in over 2 months and I lose 3 in the same week...wtf!!!

So today I got my order of elite-z/esp and also pro-d/elite-x's.

Here's what I got.

Avenger, ESP, 150 class
Flick, ESP, 150 class
Avenger SS, Elite-Z, 173
Cyclone, ESP, 176
Surge, Nate Doss signature ESP, 169
Surge, Nate Doss signature ESP, 171
Challenger, Crystal Z, Ltd edition, 172-174
Buzzz, Crystal Z, Ltd edition, 173-178 "2008 Grapevine Classic"
Crush, 170, tie die colors, I would guess it's ESP plastic
Banger-GT, ESP, 173

Challenger, Elite-X, 170-172
Surge, Elite-X, 150 class
Super Soft X Putt'R, Elite-X, 173-174
Soft Magnet, Pro-D, 175-176
Stratus, Pro-D, 175-176 (this one is called Long Range +1)
Stratus, Pro-D, 175-176 (this one is called Straight/Turnover/Roller Driver -1)
(as far as I can tell they are both the same exact disc)
XL, Pro-D, 167-169
XL, Pro-D, 173-174
Banger-GT, Pro-D, 173-174
Banger-GT, Pro-D, 167-169 (from some tournament april 11-13, 2008 with a bull throwing a disc..not labelled but looks like same disc as my other Banger-GT's)

All in all I'm excited about a few of them, but a little dissappointed I got so many doubles. 3 Banger-GT's, 2 XL's, 2 Stratus's, 2 Challenger's, 2 Surge's, 3 150 class discs, and a lot that are much heavier than I like to throw. I'm much more excited about my selection of ESP/Elite-Z discs. I kind of feel like my Pro-D/Elite-X selection was a dud. But maybe I'll be proved wrong after getting out and trying them. At the very least I have a lot of experimenting and trying out different discs to look forward to.

Last edited:
Crush, 170, tie die colors, I would guess it's ESP plastic

No I guess this is Elite-Z plastic because the Fly-Dye is only made in Elite-Z. And it actually feels more like Elite-Z.

After my initial disappointment swayed, I think I am more excited. I'm definitely pleased with my premium disc order. It's just my pro-d, elite-x order I'm a little disappointed with. But even there, there's 4-5 keepers and a couple that I can let my wife use because she wanted a few discs for herself. Maybe she'll like the 150's.

Haha, I guess you just really never know what you're going to get. It's surprising that you got 150 class, I wouldn't know what to do with 'em. Now that I've had a little more time with discs I wish I had gotten something understable and some fairway drivers. I'm trying to see if anyone in the local league is interested in a trade but they treat the things like lepers so far.
Anyone interested in joining a good cause should consider the NAADMPD (The National Association for Advancement of Discolored and MisPrinted Discs).

I'm actually kind of happy now that I got the 150's. Because I've been curious about them. Glad at least I didn't get doubles in the 150 weights.

I'm actually kind of happy now that I got the 150's. Because I've been curious about them. Glad at least I didn't get doubles in the 150 weights.

I bought an elite-X 150 class Surge recently. It's a pretty cool disc. You can hold back on it for distance with little effort, or use it for giant anhyzers

If you don't end up liking it PM me

Knowing that there are 150 class discs makes me think about not buying these misprints. what use would i possibly have for them?

Knowing that there are 150 class discs makes me think about not buying these misprints. what use would i possibly have for them?

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic; if you are, I meant that I can't throw them very well, not that they're useless. If you aren't being sarcastic then I would suggest you try this website instead:
http://www.sunkingdiscs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=555

As mentioned on this thread this deal allows you to choose the weight range that you would like. The deal is also different because it's $10 more and it includes discs from Innova, Discraft and others that I am not yet familiar with.

Stangoo ordered from Sunking Discs so you could wait for him to post what he got if you're unsure.

Also, Facesnorth was the first person that I know of to get anything nearly that light and you could always sell/trade/give them away.

Seriously, try the 150s. Unless you live in the middle of Kansas and your name is Dorothy I bet you will find a very good use for them. There is nothing like the minimal effort required to make them sing.

Latest posts