• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs that earn a lot of compliments

hewittdallas

Eagle Member
So, I picked up a Fuse at the end of last year and have been blown away. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite molds and creates such amazing lines. I've also noticed that people seem to really like the way it flies (so smooth) and I have received more compliments for my Fuse in the three months I've thrown it than any other disc in my bag. I feel like this disc makes me look like a better golfer, even though I know that's not necessarily true. :)

Does anyone else have similar experiences with a particular disc/mold where you get an unusually high number of compliments?

I get compliments from my 149 shark and my 176 Buzzz as far as flight paths and nice shots. As far as the discs themselves I used to get comments on my Scorpions and Dolphin, but the scorpions are sold and the dolphin is a wall hanger.

yep, it flys so slow and straight, people freak out

That's a good point. I think the reason people are so surprised by the Fuse is they expect something faster that fades hard at the end. Instead, they watch a slow but smooth disc hold a straight line all the way to the pin. A lot of my friends have been surprised at what it's able to accomplish. And if I'm being honest, it still surprises me on occasion even though I meant to do it. :|

My ESP Flash is my longest disc, and gives these beautiful "S" turns, and I always get compliments on that disc.

I have a beat-to-hell ESP Nuke that I'll throw huge S-curves with ... get a lot of "oohs" and "ahhs" with it.

@ todays mini at Mcclain, i got a lot of compliments in regards to my dx leopard. I'm LHBH and I guess people aren't used to seeing lefty turnovers and straight sailing hyzerflips.

I also get compliments on my whippet, my big hyzer/FH roller disc.

It's all about the 180 DX Roc and 171 Champ Teebird. They both seem to hold whatever line I put them on and if I snap them right, they glide forever.

I do play with a bunch of casual players, and they are always amazed when I throw my Glow Aviar 260' straight down the fairway...

Latest posts