• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs that earn a lot of compliments

i was a go to mako guy within the past 2 months, i put my buzzz flx in for a tournament and i was getting it dead nuts straight and it would just glide straight out until it would come to the ground. no fade or anything

Probably my money 3x JK Aviar. I am known as a great putter among the locals here, it is BY FAR the strongest part of my game. Every time someone feels this putter, they want to steal it! :)

I call it a "funny" disc because its so beat its just funny to watch. Its a 175 Dx Cheetah. It had no name and it was laying in a pile of beer cans so I took it and to watch it struggle to fly is just funny. Alot of people dont compliment but laugh at it. I have an ace from it so I'm happy

I have a beat-to-hell ESP Nuke that I'll throw huge S-curves with ... get a lot of "oohs" and "ahhs" with it.

same thing here with my beat to snot pro beast.

hole 13 at sioux passage is an epic downhill, so i release the beast almost straight up and down, then get ooohs and aaahs as it hyzer flips. a rare disc and situation combo, but it is nice to get the props every once in a while.

A beat to hell dx roc or comet. Or a beat to hell E* Wraith, or Pro Katana.

The line? Sky anny, nearly every time earns a comment along the lines of "Wow, what was that?" I love throwing Anhyzer, it's a beautiful flight path to watch. My most impressive this weekend was a "near ace" sky roller with the Katana. 420' straight line at the basket, at the last moment it leapt into the air, over the basket parking on the other side. The Roc/Comet saw some amazing lines last month (I only group those 2 discs together because while I was waiting to replace a Comet that I lost, the roc performed fairly well on those lines that I call to the comet for).

So I tallied up the responses so far just for fun. Here are the results to the question of which disc gets the most compliments when you throw it?

Most Complimented Discs
8 Comet
7 Roc
5 Buzzz
4 Ion
4 Wizard
3 Fuse
3 TeeBird
3 Stratus
3 Aviar
3 River
2 Katana
2 Leopard
2 Epic
2 Flick
2 Beast
2 Mako
1 Shark
1 Flash
1 Nuke
1 Whippet
1 Flow
1 Boss
1 Destroyer
1 Roadrunner
1 Meteor
1 Pulse
1 Drone
1 Eagle
1 TeeRex
1 Surge
1 Orc
1 Valkyrie
1 Te Moko
1 Summit
1 Banshee
1 Optimizer
1 Core
1 Timberwolf
1 Cheetah
1 Wraith

Thats a cool list to study, thanks for that.

I'll also throw out another teebird, laser beam, straight through a 5 foot wide tunnel shot, 350 feet, I will hit the line more often than not. I know I blew Mando out of the water with it, and it treated me very well this weekend (until my favorite held that line a little too long in a heavy cross wind, clipped a branch, into the lake, I spent 30 minutes swimming around in that cold ass water, pulled out a dozen discs, none of them my teebird (and yes I turned all the inked plastic into the lost and found).

It's got to be my ESP Comet. Anytime I need to thread the needle or throw a finesse shot, it's absolutely money. I've had more ace runs in the last 3 months with the Comet than all other discs in my bag combined.

A lot of people in my area throw fast, beefy drivers that they definitely don't have the arm for (OAT anyone?), so it's funny when they ask to try the Comet out and can't figure out why the hell it won't listen to them:D

my GL River gets a lot of "what was that?" because no one in my "posse" throws Lat at all

No one that I know throws Lat 64 either. I have a Opto River thats clear with blue tiger stripes on it, That turns heads. When someone asks what disc it is I say Latitude 64 and they say "Huh?" :confused:

There is just one Meteor on that list, I need to add another. Of any disc in my bag, I get more questions/responsed to my Meteor.

I'm gonna say voodoo, because of good drives, and even more because of long putts

Lately: My Vector. First they see it and ask about it. Then they watch a throw. Then they ask to throw it. Then it's in their bag next week.

Latest posts