• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Dismania PD2

Just realized....I got the color glows and swirls from you lol. Your handle looked familiar, your sig is on the back.

Nice! Those blue color glows look so pretty amazing throwers i just had way too many pd2s.. i eclipsed the 50 mark so i sold a bunch.. now im mainly just throwing the white chaos ones and new hybrid oranges and the few greens i have. I gotta have some dome on my discs im not really a fan of flat pd2s so ill probably pass on the mf and luster.

Nice! Those blue color glows look so pretty amazing throwers i just had way too many pd2s.. i eclipsed the 50 mark so i sold a bunch.. now im mainly just throwing the white chaos ones and new hybrid oranges and the few greens i have. I gotta have some dome on my discs im not really a fan of flat pd2s so ill probably pass on the mf and luster.

The MF have enough dome. I feel exactly the same though, they've gotta have some dome or I don't care for them.

pic comparisons

http://imgur.com/a/qlyMP

I included an album with the following discs being compared to the very OS Selinske PD2s that have bubbles in the rim

Swirly Wings Stamp SPD2
Swirly Supreme Flight Stamp SPD2
Color Glow CPD2
Luster new release PD2
Gummy P line stock PPD2

Please let me know if I can clarify anything...hope the pics are helpful

http://imgur.com/a/qlyMP

I included an album with the following discs being compared to the very OS Selinske PD2s that have bubbles in the rim

Swirly Wings Stamp SPD2
Swirly Supreme Flight Stamp SPD2
Color Glow CPD2
Luster new release PD2
Gummy P line stock PPD2

Please let me know if I can clarify anything...hope the pics are helpful

nice!
luster looks beefy but too flat for my tastes, nice looking plastic though
maybe i should do this with my full cycle of pd2s in my bag all 8.. currently bagging 7 s-lines and 1 p-line

Update on the MF PD2s: while they are extremely OS, after the flashing is knocked off (which took some work) they definitely lose a couple ticks. I'd say the most OS PD2 I have remains the recent run of Swirls. The MF PD2 is great though. Now that it is worked in a bit it is much more useful than it was at first.

Do the color glow pd2 follow the typical pattern of color glow being slightly less stable than normal C line/champ?

And also luster pd2. Are there any out and available still? If so, are they ridiculous beefsteaks as reported earlier? What's out there recently that's super beef, other than the swirls. I hate the way they look.

And also luster pd2. Are there any out and available still? If so, are they ridiculous beefsteaks as reported earlier? What's out there recently that's super beef, other than the swirls. I hate the way they look.

The lusters I have are absolutely super beef. They rival my OS swirls. I have an older run PD2 with bubbles in the rim that is my most OS but lusters aren't far behind.

Color glows are really straight new, the res luster i got is board flat and looks like an faf firebird, and flies like one too. The metal flakes are similar stability

I have a swirly hypno huk lab stamp and a luster. The luster has bubbles in the rim and a little less dome than the swirly one, the swirly s line isn't nearly as OS as my luster, the luster is stupid OS and basically doesn't come out at all. The swirly is beating in super nice and comes out for wind or meat hooks.

so, this may be a silly question. Has anyone thrown the PD2, PDx and Destroyer extensively??

I really enjoy my S PD2s but they aren't workable at all. I threw a couple of PPD2s but they don't hold their stability well. I've thrown the PDx some but it really seems a bit shorter and like it has more HSS and less LSS than the others.

I'm trying to figure out my DD lineup. I have 2 havocs for flippy stuff and 2 SPD2s for really overstable stuff. I currently have a VIP World that I'm throwing for max D shots and I'm trying to figure out if I should just bag another world and call it a day or try and fit something in between.

The problem I'm having is the World rim is really wide and mostly just comfortable for FH shots. I want something I can throw straight and count on fade without the extra wide rim of something like the world and I'm not sure I have that right now

Tampa, have you tried an S Line DD?

I have! I threw one for a few years actually. I might end up just going back to those...my concern is that apparently the recent runs are less OS than the older runs? I threw mine back in like...2013-2014 I think.

Are the new S lines consistently OS?

I found the old SDD to be almost identical to the PDxs I've thrown

I have! I threw one for a few years actually. I might end up just going back to those...my concern is that apparently the recent runs are less OS than the older runs? I threw mine back in like...2013-2014 I think.

Are the new S lines consistently OS?

I found the old SDD to be almost identical to the PDxs I've thrown

I just look for S Lines that have a bit of dome.

The one flat S Line I have is still decently stable, but not truly OS.

so, this may be a silly question. Has anyone thrown the PD2, PDx and Destroyer extensively??

I really enjoy my S PD2s but they aren't workable at all. I threw a couple of PPD2s but they don't hold their stability well. I've thrown the PDx some but it really seems a bit shorter and like it has more HSS and less LSS than the others.

I'm trying to figure out my DD lineup. I have 2 havocs for flippy stuff and 2 SPD2s for really overstable stuff. I currently have a VIP World that I'm throwing for max D shots and I'm trying to figure out if I should just bag another world and call it a day or try and fit something in between.

The problem I'm having is the World rim is really wide and mostly just comfortable for FH shots. I want something I can throw straight and count on fade without the extra wide rim of something like the world and I'm not sure I have that right now
I use my PDx as a slightly longer, brand new TeeBird. I can get it out to about 425'. PDx is

I have several G* PD2s that I use for big D. G*PD2s are just like a straight to slightly overstable *destroyer. I took the flashing off one of my G* and it is extremely nice as a DD. Very predictable.

I also have two luster PD2s that are just stupid OS. Love them for what they are.

I have *destroyers (what I used to throw for D) that are very similar to the G*PD2s. Nearly the same disc in flight as the G*PD2.

I also bag both G-Star and S-line PD2's for distance drivers, and now pair them with Shrykes (replaced DDX). I use the Shrykes for calm or tailwind distance, as well as turnovers. My G-Star PD2 has become my workhorse distance driver, much more workable than any S or C-line PD2 I've thrown. I can get near max distance with the G-Star, and it holds up well into light to medium winds. I absolutely love my G-PD2's.

My problem lies when the wind picks up to levels that start to turnover my G-Star PD2. My S-line is still too overstable even in those winds for "max" distance, so I've been struggling trying to find a disc for those situations. I'm not a "big" arm thrower, as I can only get out to 425', which is probably why the S-line PD2 doesn't work for me as a true distance driver.

Should I try out a P-PD2? I've never thrown one so I wasn't sure. I'd prefer to not add another mold to my bag, which is why I haven't added any of my Destroyers back in. The one good thing with Destroyers was they varied so much disc to disc that you could have one in every stability you'd need. But I hated always worrying losing my "worked" in ones since they took so long to get into their sweet spot for me.

Latest posts