• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Dismania PD2

I have a few poptop s line pd2s that actually have a good bit of turn to them. On a slight hyzer I can get them to turn over and track right before fading out at the end of the flight. This is on a 480-500' shot.

The biggest difference between them and a destroyer of similar stability is that at low speed the pd2 will always dump left.

Has anyone else picked up pd2s with a lot of turn?

Yep.

Ppd2 and some s. I search for them to throw for Max d if I don't have a beater p line or s.

They are the reason why I buy ppd2 in person. They are rare in star. I normally just throw ppd2 anyway since they cover beefcake to bomber just fine out of the box.

Just wanted to let you know that if youre an average joe, the glow PD2 will be just right for you. Greatly extended range compared to other PD2s Ive thrown. It has gotten me so many more birdie chances on holes I rarely reach that its just crazy

"Birdie chances" I say. You can ask my putter how many I actually cashed in :D

The flatter the glow C-PD2, the better it is! I can get those out (without turn) to 450' or so with a great, reliable finish. My destroyers are jealous because they're being passed over! lol I still pull out the destroyers for longer shots but the low or no dome PD2s are just awesome.

What is the most overstable plastic/ version of the PD2? Also is domey or flat more overstable?

most OS i have ever thrown were early (maybe 2nd?) run C-line. they had an enormous pop-top. i've read on here that luster or swirl may have matched that level of craziness, but i cannot recall.

domey vs flat is a different thing entirely, because it seems to depend on the plastic.

i buy domey PPD2 for max D out of the box. this is just over 400'. they all seem to have a slight puddletop in the middle of that megadome. a slight, even dome is the most OS, and i've never seen a flat PPD2. don't think they exist. i don't even need S or C line PD2 because PPD2 cover absolutely everything. i do bag a seasoned s-line though.

s-line for me, when flatter, seem to carry forward more with a solid fade. not monstrously overstable, but reliably so. the poptops seemed to be extra beefy.

the c-line seemed to follow this pattern as well. flatter was reliably overstable, poptops were ridiculously beefy.

g-line all seemed similar to me, regardless of dome. it's important to remember that your ultimate determinant will be PLH, so if you can check it in person, do that and skip all this nonsense. beaten up flat g-lines crush. they don't start all that overstable.

i haven't bought new plastic in a while so these could be old impressions.

Last edited:
I'm looking for ridiculous BEEF to just smash all out into a 30 mph headwind and still fade strongly. I don't know if that's to much to ask from a disc; still hoping though. A lucid Enforcer isn't nearly overstable enough. Hoping a PD2 might fit the bill.

For reference, I throw 400+ feet consistently standstill. Working in the run-up, but I'm not consistent yet.

that's quite impressive.

keep in mind (as i'm sure you know) that a domey, overstable disc will hold fast in terms of L/R movement, but the dome is going to work against you quite a bit when you're throwing into those kinds of winds, and 30 mph is a bit of an outlier. you're no longer playing an average round of disc golf at that point.

a pd2 could do it, but something like a stiletto or x1 would probably be better. i do not know what current runs of PD2 are available that are flat and also overstable enough to your liking. perhaps someone else could chime in.

the pd2 is more like something that would replace a beeftastic (for the mold, anyway) star destroyer. i haven't thrown an enforcer except once or twice; not something i remember well. i have no problem throwing my PPD2 into 20 mph headwinds, but it seems you have more power and more wind to contend with.

i can send you a couple from my stacks for testing whenever you'd like. just PM me if you want to give them a shot.

Last edited:
2nd run C-line or a luster. I have a flat luster that is massivly overstable

So guys, I love the PD2. The feel in the hand is super comfortable to me... I bag one luster to be my xtra OS distance driver alongside a cycle of Scorpius's. But I just looked back and read that the flat glow PD2's can be great all around distance drivers. Could I replace my Scorp's with some glow PD2's?

that's quite impressive.

keep in mind (as i'm sure you know) that a domey, overstable disc will hold fast in terms of L/R movement, but the dome is going to work against you quite a bit when you're throwing into those kinds of winds, and 30 mph is a bit of an outlier. you're no longer playing an average round of disc golf at that point.

a pd2 could do it, but something like a stiletto or x1 would probably be better. i do not know what current runs of PD2 are available that are flat and also overstable enough to your liking. perhaps someone else could chime in.

the pd2 is more like something that would replace a beeftastic (for the mold, anyway) star destroyer. i haven't thrown an enforcer except once or twice; not something i remember well. i have no problem throwing my PPD2 into 20 mph headwinds, but it seems you have more power and more wind to contend with.

i can send you a couple from my stacks for testing whenever you'd like. just PM me if you want to give them a shot.

Are the beefiest PD2s, beefier than a 1at run McBeth Destroyer? I have one that is like a Stego as a driver. It seeks the ground before it has left my hand.

Glow PD2s are pretty flippy for a PD2 but they do go far!

Do they have turn straight out of the box? I throw 1.8 Sirius Scorps and for my arm (about 450 max D) a fresh one won't turn. Just rides straight and fades. That's how I like my fresh go-to distance drivers to fly.

Last edited:
Can you (or anyone else) compare Glow to G-line in terms of stability?

Definitely more OS. To me, the glow felt like a beat in SPD2. The G felt like a gently used PPD2.

The glow definitely won't "turn" out of the box, but if you crank over on it, it may not come back.

for reference, I have roughly 375-400 distance on FH and BH on open holes, probably shorter on golf lines