• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance issue with drivers?

I have the opposite problem. I cant throw putters very far, and my mids are not much better, but I get decent distance for fairways and drivers. Any ideas? I can get everything to fly flat and straight, no OAT or nose issues that i know of.
Putter 200', maybe 220 max
Mids 235-260, 275 max
Fairways 260-300, 320 max
Drivers 275-325, 375 max

I have the opposite problem. I cant throw putters very far, and my mids are not much better, but I get decent distance for fairways and drivers. Any ideas? I can get everything to fly flat and straight, no OAT or nose issues that i know of.
Putter 200', maybe 220 max
Mids 235-260, 275 max
Fairways 260-300, 320 max
Drivers 275-325, 375 max

You throw exactly the same distances I do. This looks about right to me, but I'm 56 years old with arthritis... so I'm happy at these distances.

You throw exactly the same distances I do. This looks about right to me, but I'm 56 years old with arthritis... so I'm happy at these distances.

I just "joined" your division this year, so its cool. I guess we are doing alright! I'm pretty happy with my game. Of course more distance always would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg3Dxd1Yvco

There are some good pointers in this video, may help in some ways.

Just breaking down the drive, and giving the player one or two things to focus on may help a whole bunch.

If I may say, don't do a run up or a full X-step, just throw from standing for a while. Get a feel of some sort of your own mechanics while driving.

Last edited:

Latest posts