• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ditto Farms DGC in Hagerstown, MD

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
My apologies to anyone who worked on the project who might have been planning on starting a thread like, this. I just couldn't help myself! :)

Hagerstown, MD and Washington County have just gotten their first permanent disc golf course, Ditto Farms DGC.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6144

All indications are that it's currently still under construction, but it definitely looks like it has some serious potential. I can't wait to get there to play and to see it progress over time.

And here's another huge bonus for me... it's only about 3 minutes from the course to Drums on Sale, a great little drum/percussion shop in Hagerstown! :thmbup:

I'm interested to get more input from those who've played it and helped develop it. I know that at least one, if not more, of the designers is as DGCR member.

I've played it and set up the initial page for the course on DGCR. The guys who actually had a hand in creating the course have since gone in and changed the name (it was originally just called WCRP DGC on the course map and scorecard) and the description of the course.

I believe my buddies and I played the course a few days after the official course opening announcement on Facebook. There is no signage or pads on the course but they are supposed to be coming in early 2014 (why 2014 I have no idea). The course map is very good though and as long as you follow the layout you'll have no problem navigating the course.

As far as playability, the course is really fun. There's great hole and shot variety. Uphill, downhill, anhyzer, open, tightly wooded in some spots. Also it's a fairly quick play. Once we learned the layout, 3 of us can play the course in about 2 hours.

I'm not sure if it's better than Whispering Falls (my home course and the course I started on), but it's definitely another awesome course to have locally.

I've played it and set up the initial page for the course on DGCR. The guys who actually had a hand in creating the course have since gone in and changed the name (it was originally just called WCRP DGC on the course map and scorecard) and the description of the course.

I believe my buddies and I played the course a few days after the official course opening announcement on Facebook. There is no signage or pads on the course but they are supposed to be coming in early 2014 (why 2014 I have no idea). The course map is very good though and as long as you follow the layout you'll have no problem navigating the course.

As far as playability, the course is really fun. There's great hole and shot variety. Uphill, downhill, anhyzer, open, tightly wooded in some spots. Also it's a fairly quick play. Once we learned the layout, 3 of us can play the course in about 2 hours.

I'm not sure if it's better than Whispering Falls (my home course and the course I started on), but it's definitely another awesome course to have locally.
We had the name changed because WCRP was never going to be the name- hence why we hadn't entered it on here yet. We were awaiting the approval process of the County before making anything official.

Signs and pads are coming when the county crew can get to them- unfortunately these things don't materialize out of thin air and they have other pressing tasks at hand. It was a major push to get the baskets in the ground and fairways cleared as it was, now we're playing the waiting game for the completion of our plans.

It's been a slow, arduous process- as anything involving small local government is, but I think it's been a success thus far. The county has been doing a great job with the clearing and has done some extra mowing/brush hogging as well.

Thanks, guys! It's still a little over an hour for me from close to Cumberland, but it's an easy hour at least, unlike the hour drive to Paw Paw! I hope to be there sometime in May.

Hey, Ferret... I was checking out the course on here some more and noticed that the Reds have several more par 4s than the blues. Did you guys come up with that based on the PDGA standards? Like the reds are Rec level par and the blues are advanced level par, etc? And this isn't a criticism at all... I was just wondering.

I still hope to make it down this month. Thanks!

...reds are Rec level par and the blues are advanced level par...
This was our intent, so the Reds have a few more generous pars.

Let me know when you're coming out and I may be able to join you, or at least get you a guided tour.

Jimb, may have to hit this course on my next trip out east. Hoping to be out sometime in August.

This was our intent, so the Reds have a few more generous pars.

Let me know when you're coming out and I may be able to join you, or at least get you a guided tour.

Excellent! Will do. Really looking forward to it!

Jimb, may have to hit this course on my next trip out east. Hoping to be out sometime in August.

Dude, haven't heard from you in forever! Definitely let me know when you're coming through. Of course, you haven't hit Knobley Mt. DGC either. :)

Just got to play 18 holes yesterday with Tinhorndan.

Is the course still rough? Yes.
Is there a need for signage? Yes.
Will concrete tees be nice? Yes.
Will a 2nd set of baskets be nice? Yes.

But is the course currently totally playable and a blast? Absolutely!!!

Even in brand new condition, with so many improvements yet to come, I am still VERY impressed! Great job to all involved and many thanks to the parks dept., as that was a bunch of brush-hogging and additional maintenance that had to be done to make the course playable.

FYI, guys. We played from the long tees. Most of the red concrete cups are still in place for the long tees, but some are crushed and we just found pieces on the ground. We never did find the proper tee location for hole #3. I assume it's probably at the entrance to the woods, but couldn't be sure. I just wanted to let you know in case this has happened really recently.

Again, great job and keep up the wonder work. I look forward to watching this course get better as it matures. Thanks much for all of the hard work!

Missed my edit opportunity, so just a little more.

Hit metal on my third shot on #4... almost a birdie which would have been absolutely incredible for me since I don't have a big arm! On #9, I think, I actually ran my Stingray just past the basket, slightly behind a big tree, just before falling into the 2nd big sink hole, and made my two. Loved that, and the sink holes are an awesome feature! Just missed my approach for birdie on #14 after a nice skipped Hornet into the heart of the fairway. And missed a 25' putt, right into the sun, 3" low, DOH!, for birdie on #18. I greatly enjoyed and layout and can't wait to get back down there soon!