• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Divisions

nah im being serious...i have never heard a pro , but plenty of ams that get whooped...it is the td's job to make sure people are playing in the proper division..i have seen at least one example at every tourney i play in..if a guy wins a tounrey one year in int., he won't get to play int. the next year...unless the td lets it slide(this is in ny)

I guess all pros from NY are better then all the ones down here. Not saying all pros cry but there are plenty that I have heard cry and I have even seen top 5 guys do it. All the pros want everyone in open, more cash for them

Last edited:
on the contrary, the highest rated pro in ny is "only" 980..i don't understand pros crying bagger...here we are closer together in rating so it works out better..i can see in some parts of the country where the pros are seperated by 7-10 strokes...that just isn't the case here...you heard a top pro cry bagger?...thats funny but sad and pathetic at the same time..so whats your point?...he's a whiny punk?...was it nikko?

Last edited:
on the contrary, the highest rated pro in ny is "only" 980..i don't understand pros crying bagger...here we are closer together in rating so it works out better..i can see in some parts of the country where the pros are seperated by 7-10 strokes...that just isn't the case here...you heard a top pro cry bagger?...thats funny but sad and pathetic at the same time..so whats your point?...he's a whiny punk?...was it nikko?

I didnt mean better are in quality just more grown up. Wasnt talking about Nikko but that sure is funny he was such a cry baby! It always puts a smile on my face when i see people act like jackasses

ahh we are a respectful bunch here and tightly grouped as far as ratings go..glad i hit 40 this year...i have a better time playing with the older, more laid back dudes...you dont hear crying and moaning..AND i have a much better chance of cashing..

I guess all pros from NY are better then all the ones down here. Not saying all pros cry but there are plenty that I have heard cry and I have even seen top 5 guys do it. All the pros want everyone in open, more cash for them

Do not take this the wrong way but It may also mean that Texas has a lot more baggers. Texas is my second favorite state but it is funny when a Texas player with a 897 rating signs up for Rec in GA and is surprised to be called out in the local forums. I only say this because I had a conversation about a very high rated Rec player with some Texans and found out that it was not uncommon to see a 890+ player Rec in the lone star state.

Do not take this the wrong way but It may also mean that Texas has a lot more baggers. Texas is my second favorite state but it is funny when a Texas player with a 897 rating signs up for Rec in GA and is surprised to be called out in the local forums. I only say this because I had a conversation about a very high rated Rec player with some Texans and found out that it was not uncommon to see a 890+ player Rec in the lone star state.

Since we are talking in 2 different forums. Why would I take it the wrong way? I give 2 $hits about a 897 rated player playing rec. We arent talking about that, we are talking about player ratings and if you call an 897 guy out for playing rec then so be it. The PDGA allows them to do it and therefore I think its ok. The system is flawed and yes there are tons of baggers down here. Until they fix the system its not going to change.

Is there any way to combine these 2 threads or to delete one. This is stupid going back and forth?

Since we are talking in 2 different forums. Why would I take it the wrong way? I give 2 $hits about a 897 rated player playing rec. We arent talking about that, we are talking about player ratings and if you call an 897 guy out for playing rec then so be it. The PDGA allows them to do it and therefore I think its ok. The system is flawed and yes there are tons of baggers down here. Until they fix the system its not going to change.

I think I see why you are seem to be getting upset. You are a 934 rated player in Intermediate. Congrats on your 1st, 2nd, and 4th place finish.

If it quacks like a duck, bla bla bla

I rest my case about baggers then, and thanks

I rest my case about baggers then, and thanks

Sorry to pile on. I am sure you are a good guy and living in the Disc golf culture of Georgia and Texas is really the main difference between us.

Sorry to pile on. I am sure you are a good guy and living in the Disc golf culture of Georgia and Texas is really the main difference between us.

Dude I listen to people call me bagger all this year. Do you really think that I care your doing it over a computer. I really dont care what people say or think, down here nobody cares about what happened in a tournament that happened last month, but you know who does...me and my plastic that I won. And why would I play up to advanced, pay more to get in, and get less payout? That doesnt make much since.

Dude I listen to people call me bagger all this year. Do you really think that I care your doing it over a computer. I really dont care what people say or think, down here nobody cares about what happened in a tournament that happened last month, but you know who does...me and my plastic that I won. And why would I play up to advanced, pay more to get in, and get less payout? That doesnt make much since.

I think we have beat this horse to death, but you thoughts on stacking plastic is exactly why I would only give a you trophy unless you wanted to compete with the other players in Adv.(that I know you could beat). By the way, in my system your stack of plastic would be just as high as last cash in Advanced as the first place in Intermediate now.

I am pretty much through with the conversation as well. I need to go practice because I have to go compete in one of my last Rec tournaments against a player 54 points above my average so I better be good.

If that were the case in the PDGA world it would stop alot of the bagging for sure but its not. Good luck and tear it up.

roc, don't take this as a personal attack, i just wanna know some things.. if you lived in ny, you would be playing advanced..don't you want to play with better players?(improving your game)...the tds in texas must not care much about new players?...and aren't all ams usually the same price to enter? so an int. and advanced player the entry would be the same?...maybe 934 is int. in texas i don't know..but here, if a guy is winning every week he no longer plays that division(unless its from adv to pro)..is the advanced divison really that tough where you have no chance? hell we have players playing open with your rating, and cashing occasionally with good play...i found out long ago, playing down a division forces me to play with players that aren't teaching me anything by playing with them...are my ramblings making any sense?

No I have played Adv many times in the past. And no the entry is not the same. And there is much bigger difference in the "experience" in Int then there is in Adv, and I have a better time since thats where most of my buds play. And I dont take anything personal, I really dont care what people think about me.

Most TD's in central Virginia and NC don't care. Of course, I'm not playing in many PDGA events. It's mostly side stuff. But those TD's just ask what your name is and what division, and that's about it.