• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Divisions

i have played many tourneys in nc and virginia...believe me, most tds do care about "bagging" and trying to make sure people are in the right division...but if said player(s) aren't a pdga memeber, you have no idea how good they are and where they should be playing...one more reason to limit sanctioned tourneys to members only..

practice

all it takes is practicing in an open field and on putts. The reason why pros are so awesome is that they play 24/7

there are tons of solid pros, including some top guys who play rarely. walt haney from nc comes to mind immediately- he has pretty much retired now but for a long time he was maintaining a rating of 1010+ playing tournament rounds only.

i'm a poor example as a 968 rated master but when i basically quit playing/practicing at all my tournament golf improved.

I guess all pros from NY are better then all the ones down here. Not saying all pros cry but there are plenty that I have heard cry and I have even seen top 5 guys do it. All the pros want everyone in open, more cash for them

Yup!