• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do DG pros fake their personalities? (hot take)

Self awareness is the beginning of fixing your problem. Ramcat is open Wednesday's for therapy sessions. [emoji23][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to come up there. It has been so long since I have played ramcat

I feel like most people on this thread are missing the point. I view it just like my job. I am a paramedic and at work I'm not there to make friends. I have 3 main goals. 1st keeping my crews safe. 2nd The patient. 3rd correct patient care is being done. These guys have a similar mind set. Throw the best shots they can. Win the tournament. I don't need to congratulate every good throw that is thrown. I don't need too high five a c1 putt. These guys especially Paul are professionals and there to win. I do not fault them for being cold blooded killers and remaining in their own head space.

Once the round is over how the interact with fans I think is important to see the people that buy your discs and keep you in business. That's part of being an athlete at a pro level. Look at other sports for example. Football, during the game these guys beat the hell out of each other cuss and yell at each other. After the game they all come back and shake hands ect. MMA again brutal beat the hell out of each other. Intimidate each other prior to the round. At the end regardless they give credit where credit is due.

With that being said I do think there are pro players in every sport are so self absorbed in themselves. For disc golf. I find Pierce so arrogant and self absorbed its ridiculous. Making a documentary about herself. Asking other to pay for it. Like lady you make a lot of money from your sponsors you could do it yourself. Then when its release you have people pay to watch it. I have heard several complaints about here just being a complete ass to people at putting league in her home town.

Foundation podcast actually covered this topic today, and now I understand another unique aspect of disc golf. Sales. Individual players are incentivized by disc and product sales to be likable. Let's say Harry Hothead disc golfer is a SOB on the course (in a way that DOES come across on camera ;) )… he's not gonna sell discs even if he wins tournaments. In Boxing, say… fighters don't need a nice-guy personality because there is no incentive. Rather, there is incentive to sell fight tickets and PPV, so drama is rewarded. In disc golf, likable personality is rewarded. In the coverage I've followed over just a couple of years, there are glimpses of ground punching, disc taco-ing, and basket kicking, but really few red flags suggesting bad personalities.

The internet definitely gets a watered-down version of me.

The roars of "MIDS" and "FAIRWAYS" were definitely not watered-down in that last in the bag.

What bad behavior? Or is this just a continuation of the memes where he says something like gosh darn it all, and then people mock him for being a rage-a-holic?

Oh come on - you've seen James Conrad rage against that leaf on a branch that one time.

Good example though. I love how MVP picked him up as a sponsor and said they don't care if he wins, they just want him representing the brand.

What bad behavior? Or is this just a continuation of the memes where he says something like gosh darn it all, and then people mock him for being a rage-a-holic?

JC might be the next candidate for Slim Jim commercials :p

But seriously, the april fools day reel was a riot. Then sometime over this summer, he missed a putt and was snapping a twig as the camera panned on him and he quickly threw it down. Funniest friggin thing.

Oh come on - you've seen James Conrad rage against that leaf on a branch that one time.

Good example though. I love how MVP picked him up as a sponsor and said they don't care if he wins, they just want him representing the brand.

Sure. It was funny once.

JC might be the next candidate for Slim Jim commercials :p

But seriously, the april fools day reel was a riot. Then sometime over this summer, he missed a putt and was snapping a twig as the camera panned on him and he quickly threw it down. Funniest friggin thing.

And he keeps delivering. He missed a putt, drew his foot back to kick a stump and then barely taps it.

Latest posts