• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do I need Teebirds?

Hoss22

Eagle Member
My bag is in my Sig. I'm pretty confident in everything in my bag except the overstable/control fairway drivers. I wanted the Stag to fit that role, but no matter what, it just flips more than I like in a headwind and makes me nervous. I have the pred so I don't need something beefy, but want something in between that stability, and that of the straight flight (to turnover) of my rivers and saints. I'm thinking I should get 2 teebirds, one 175g champ and one 170g star to cover the straight to overstable. If you have any other suggestions or options to look at, let me know. And if there's anything else about the bag that stands out, feel free to throw that in too :)

Don't forget about the Eagle-X. Very reliable in headwind, and I also throw Saints and Rivers.

What can a Teebird do that your 9 other stable-overstable drivers can't? Especially the Saints.

What can a Teebird do that your 9 other stable-overstable drivers can't? Especially the Saints.

My 174 opto saint goes dead straight. Flips in wind. My 171g GL saint flips over and is very understable. Same exact thing for my rivers except shorter. I've never thrown a saint or river that is overstable even in max weight opto. The only overstable fairway I have is a predator which is beefy. And I only count 5 fairways not including the stag that's coming out....

You will love the Star Teebird 170 its great for your accuracy needs. I had a 175 Champ Teebird that seemed overstable and flew almost the same as my 172 Champ Eagle, so out went that Teebird. I use a Z Surge SS as my main distance driver and the only thing that is the same between by 2 discs is that they are yellow.

I'm telling you, a heavy Star Eagle is what you're looking for. Thank me later.

My 174 opto saint goes dead straight. Flips in wind. My 171g GL saint flips over and is very understable. Same exact thing for my rivers except shorter. I've never thrown a saint or river that is overstable even in max weight opto. The only overstable fairway I have is a predator which is beefy. And I only count 5 fairways not including the stag that's coming out....

I was counting your 4 Surges as drivers too. Go ahead and try a 'Bird. Or a Shock.

I carry a 170g Star Tbird and a 175g Totem champ Tbird. I'm pretty comfortable with anything between my Leos and Banshees.

The 170g Star is nicely seasoned and is my work horse driver. It sees a ton of action.

teebirds are the shiz, a must have for sure. the beauty of teebirds is the variation in stability you can get with them and the way your throw forms to them. i like having one somewhat flippy (TL) and one somewhat stable in my bag at all times, i carry more when i use my bigger bags.

I carry at least 3 TBs and 2 FBs. those will NEVER leave my bag. and 90% of the time they are what i throw.

Just as a heads up, the AJ teebirds are beefy as hell... I'd go with just a stock run.