• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you play for money?

Do you put your money where your mouth is?

• No...never!

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Only if i think i can beat my opponent....

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • If the guy is pushing my buttons.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Im hardcore. bring on any bet you want!

Votes: 40 44.4%

• Total voters
Ive played for money about ten times and won 8 of those times. We usually put 2 bucks each in the pot and theres usually 6-8 of us playing so winner takes 12-14 bucks. Honestly I think im a pretty good disc golfer, but when I play tournaments I get shown how average I really am.

if we play dubs, its usually $2/head, but singles means dollar skins.

every shot counts!

I am poor thats why I play disc golf. I dont even play tournements because I dont have the money. I dont even pay for aces

hell yeah, dollar ctp's, dollar for a bogey free round, sometimes we just play skins. we all usually put 5 bucks on the whole round as well

Me and a co-worker always play for $10 per game, nine or eighteen hole. It makes it a bit more competitive and actually made us both start learning and playing by the rules along with abiding by the all the mandos and O.B.'s

Where was the "whenever my cheap a$$ friends are down"?
I won't go looking to give my money away but if thier good enough for me to learn something I don't mind losing a couple bucks.
I just apply the wisdom I recieved when learning to play shuffle board in an irish pub. "you want to learn? You have to bet!"

We have a couple of local leagues which hold minis on various days of the week. Entry fees for the minis ranges between 6-12 dollars depending on the format and whether players are in Am or Open divisions. During the spring and summer I play in 1 or 2 events per week.

I've also played for money during casual rounds with friends. Sometimes we'll play skins, sometimes just winner takes all, sometimes I'll handicap my opponent a few strokes if I generally play better than them. These are always a friendly wagers, just to make things interesting, and are generally for $5 or less.

I need an option for "I would if I had people to play against around my skill level" but right now I don't have anyone that it would be a good competitive round with. All my playing partners are people I taught to play, so I'm mediocre and they're worse...

Should have had a category for 'No, I never play for money cause I suck'.

I have occasionally played random doubles with a $5 entry. i don't consider it playing for money. It's really just a donation to the winners.

I usually only play for $$$ when it's doubles, but every now and then I'll get "challenged" on my home course for singles. I played about a month or so back at my league and just had an awful round. There's usually a few of us that stick around after the league and have a pick-up game of random doubles afterwards, well this time there were just 3 of us, so no doubles. Since both of them were aware of how my first round was, they challenged me to a 2nd round, on the short tees <which is usually my strong game> for $5, winner take all. I actually didn't want to, because my game was "off", but they both kept at it, so I thought "why not?" Well after starting off again dismal, they kept pushing my buttons...that did it. After 8 holes one was up by 2 strokes and the other 3 strokes on me. I birdied out 9 of the remaining 10 holes!

we play to see who pays for lunch

A bit of a funny story. A few years ago, I was walking up the the first tee at my home course as was another guy. (Dan) He asks if I want to play a buck a hole. I say no, that I don't have that much on me. So we play for fun and I got hot. I was making putts and asking myself,"Where'd that come from." We've played a few rounds since that day and I don't think I've ever been back at that level.

I dont play for free. There is always cash flying around with the group I play with. 5 dollars a round, dollar skins/five overall, quarters/dollars, etc. Do you have an 800 number just in case I think I have a problem