• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you use your scorebook?

maniak

Bogey Member
I noticed that of the top five played courses, only one has more scores recorded than my home course which is an average little 9 hole. This got me thinking, how many of you out there use your scorebook and why or why not.

I record all of my scores so I can tell if my efforts to improve are paying off in lower scores.

My Course:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2061

Top Five Played: (As of Sept 9th)
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=507
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=88
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=35
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=932
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=89

I put a few in so far but it isn't up to date (missing my last 3 I believe), but my main one is an Excel program my friend made up. He's a math major and works for a financial company so it's super detailed having different tabs for most of the courses in the area and auto computes averages, highlights best rounds, ect. Just missing charts though... I gotta speak to him about that.

Yeah, I use it to track my scores because I like to see the history and improvements.

Gotta include the obligatory plug for Tim to implement that CSV export function.

Yes, I use the scorebook. I don't think I've logged all my rounds this year, but probably 75%. I like the ability to track progress and especially be able to look at the advanced stats for courses that I frequent and be able to see which holes give me the most trouble. The advanced stats are really nice.

An export function would be great!

I really should start using it so I can track my progress. I feel like I am improving but I can never remember my scores week to week.

I am too embarassed???

No, the real anser is "Theres a scorebook?" which would be followed by the first one.

I use it most of the time. The only course I don't use it all the time for is Peak's View Park, which I have played a couple hundred rounds at. All of my other rounds are in the Scorebook. Even half rounds or so.

I think that the top few courses don't have many rounds recorded because they 1) take longer to play, and 2) are generally private. There are probably other reasons too; maybe there aren't many DGCRers who live near there, or maybe all the ones near there don't bother to record scores.

Yes. I'm like bill- I record every round, even the bad ones. Gotta be honest with myself, and being able to see them all helps me track my progress (or regression). Sounds like the advanced stats are even more helpful (or should I say more convenient). Of course, I've only played one course, and not that many rounds. I could see someone who plays 4-5 times a week having trouble keeping up.

Scorebook = win, in my opinion. Great feature for this great site.

I try to use it every time regardless of how well I play. I can't say that it's helped me, but it is fun and interesting to go back and look at how I've done. The other day I took an inventory of my scores overall and my scores at each basket. Just for my home course. That was interesting and at times eye opening.

Here's what I've learned. First off, I still suck. :( But I don't suck as bad as I did a year ago. At my home course 27 baskets, I've birdied every hole except for 3 at least once. And since I've done that inventory I've knocked another one off that list. :) I also found some holes that I thought were problems weren't. :confused: And some holes I thought were a piece of cake, my scores really don't bare that out. :confused:

Although it is pretty unlikely that I will ever play in any tournaments, if I do I'd use that info to good advantage. I'm not normally one for laying up, but then I'm playing just for the joy of playing. With a little notebook of stats with me like a pro ball golfer, I would/could strategize my shots more. My competetive nature makes it hard for me to not go for it every time. But in that same vein I'm always playing to win. Sometimes a well played par pays off better than an improbable birdie attempt resulting in a bogey or worse.

I log at least half my rounds. I mostly like to see the "total miles played" stat rise ever higher.

I record every round, though ussually not a per hole score as I don't use a score card most of the time so it's just a score per round.

I think the scorecard's a really sweet feature and have just recently started using it - only have a few rounds in there, but am trying to be more dedicated about it.

This feature really allows you to include a lot of detail about your round, (wind, weather) as well as with the ability to enter notes on each hole, like "Beautiful drive hit a tree," or "Nailed 60ft putt!!" You could also use the notes to track which disc or throw use used if you're trying to determine what works for you and want to comapre rounds over time.

I also like the idea of counting putts.

You can even tweak the par: I normally play everything as Par 3's, but I just can't call a 550 ft hole a par 3 (call me a pu$$y if you must), but I couldn't buy off on all the 4's and 5's the alternate par filled in, so I just made the really long holes par 4's.

Everyone has embarassing rounds (some more than others:eek:) but I think it's a good way to recall a round, and keep track of how you're doing.

Only wish I was active was a member when I hit my Ace!!

Yes, I use it after every round. I need to get out more, all of my recoded rounds from this year are on my home course!

I started listing my scores as soon as I found the scorebook. I had a bunch of scorecards I had held onto over the years so I loaded them too.
I think it's a great way to track your progress. It's nice to see your avg score go down.
Thanks again Tim for a great site.

I use it for about half of my rounds. I particularly like it for courses I am playing for the first time. It is nice to see if I improve on my original score.