• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you use your scorebook?

if you enter as a custom round it doesnt count in your regular scores and what you score doesnt affect your averages

I didn't know that!
I like the idea of only being averaged on my serious rounds. That's another reason I wasn't using it. I didn't like the way that my practice rounds were lumped together with my serious or competitive rounds. It made my average higher than it should be.

I use the scorebook about 95% of the time, tracking all my games when possible. I only wish there was a way it would not average in games played from Pro and Amatuer tees together. If I'm doing it wrong, someone let me know, but I wish when I play from longer tees it could average the longer tees separately.

I love the scorebook feature, I'm a stats junkie myself. I kinda quit logging the scores on my home course, just because it became redundent. I play there at least once a week, up to 2 or 3 times a week. I will record scores from any other course I play. I'll look at my improvements, on the course I don't play regularly, when I return to play them again.

I have not used it, but intend to this year. 2009 was my getting acquainted witht he game year. This year I get better.

It's gonna help me keep track of one of my goals for this year. 365 rounds of DG played. Five down so far 360 to go. It's gonna be interesting. I've already got just over half of the rounds recorded at my home course, and I've only been using the scorebook since October.

I use the scorebook about 95% of the time, tracking all my games when possible. I only wish there was a way it would not average in games played from Pro and Amatuer tees together. If I'm doing it wrong, someone let me know, but I wish when I play from longer tees it could average the longer tees separately.

If you click up the Advanced Stats, it displays a count of games and an average for each tee.

I didn't know that!
I like the idea of only being averaged on my serious rounds. That's another reason I wasn't using it. I didn't like the way that my practice rounds were lumped together with my serious or competitive rounds. It made my average higher than it should be.

well now it wont be:hfive:

My New Years resolution will be to track my rounds this year.

OK, so I just tried to go back and enter the doubles skins round, and it wouldn't let me enter it without entering what we shot on the holes. We didn't keep track of that, didn't even finish a few holes, as we were playing skins. What am I doing wrong? It says "please make sure you've entered a score for each hole you played"

I never use the scorebook. I rarely keep score when I play alone. I just try to get birdies, not lose discs, and have fun. I do keep score when I play with my friend and of course if playing doubles or in a competitive setting...but 95% of my rounds are solo and keeping score has a way of spoiling my fun. Competing against others is fun...competing with myself SUCKS the fun out of life!

OK, so I just tried to go back and enter the doubles skins round, and it wouldn't let me enter it without entering what we shot on the holes. We didn't keep track of that, didn't even finish a few holes, as we were playing skins. What am I doing wrong? It says "please make sure you've entered a score for each hole you played"

you have to enter a score for each hole you shot. maybe say a 1 if you won and a 2 if you didnt? you know your own way of knowing

I can understand that. I usually just keep track of how far over or under par I am. Oops, I mean how far over par I am.

I used to use this feature. However, I tended to only input the decent rounds I played and chose to forget about the disasters. I suppose if I was serious about tracking improvement, I'd use it more.

The scorebook is really meant for rounds where you actually track your score. Something like skins where you just win holes is something it isn't really designed for.

I record my good scores only. I like keepin track of myself. I bet if there was an ace wall to post to for every course the scorebook would see more action.

I really got going on the scorecard feature immediately... Great to track your progress on rounds and especially to remember what happened when you played a course 3 or 4 times ago. The notes feature is great. I am also horrible lately at losing discs, so to be able to pinpoint the exact date I lost a disc and where is helpful as well.

The Scorecard made me realize how tough my home course is...

The scorebook is really meant for rounds where you actually track your score. Something like skins where you just win holes is something it isn't really designed for.

Kind of what I figured, thanks. As an idea, and I'm just asking, could you set up the scorebook to do skins under the special rounds tab? It's not a big deal at all, and I mainly tried to enter the round just to see if I could figure out how to do it. Thanks for the awesomeness of this website by the way.