• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you use your scorebook?

I started using the DGCR Scorebook early this year and really love it. I record every round except a few of the local minis where someone else is keeping score.

The best part for me is that it started me tracking my putts, which I didn't used to do. This made the importance of putting crystal clear.

The worst part for me is that I have 2/3 to 3/4 of all logged scores on my local courses.

The scorebook is awesome. I especially like being able to leave myself notes about what did or did not work on a particular hole.

Every round this year (except for my 2nd where I forgot to keep score) is logged in the scorebook.

In fact, DGCR's scorebook feature was the reason I joined this site in the first place.

All the other features have just been icing on the cake.

I started keeping a card all the time to over come the anxiety I would get when keeping the card during tournament play. :( It just became a habit and I still do it.
The scorecard card feature is what got me to join the site. Finally, something to do with all those blasted cards. :D
As soon as the DGCR Rehab gets rocking, I'll go premium so I can sit and stare at all the pretty charts & graphs. :eek:

i started disc golfing this year and i was lucky enough to know about this site before i started. so i have recorded every round that i have ever played

How do you define a putt? Anything within 32 feet? If I am on a par 3, throw my drive 60 feet left and then go for it, but miss is that a two putt?

In ball golf it is easily defined as if you use a putter it is a put. However in Disc golf we use a putter from 280 feet sometimes.

I just started tracking every score, I got a scorecard app for my iphone, and have every round I've played in the last 2 months (about 55) recorded there, I just need to get around to doing the data entry to get them on here. Unfortunately, I didn't record the 975 rounds I played before that...

How do you define a putt? Anything within 32 feet? If I am on a par 3, throw my drive 60 feet left and then go for it, but miss is that a two putt?

In ball golf it is easily defined as if you use a putter it is a put. However in Disc golf we use a putter from 280 feet sometimes.[/QUOTE

Anybody!!

I've heard a couple schools of thought on that. One is anything inside the 10m circle around the basket counts as a putt. Another is any shot you use a putting motion (as opposed to a throwing motion). However you decide to define it in your own rounds, just stay consistent, and you'll be able to measure your own progress.

YEP!!! I only do the quick!!! Not the detailed!! But do record every round!!!! Only way you know you are getting better!! Or at least scoring better!!!

In ball golf it is easily defined as if you use a putter it is a put. However in Disc golf we use a putter from 280 feet sometimes.[/QUOTE

Anybody!!

I guess after you drive it would be a putt!!! Since there is no "greens" it really hard to define "putt"!! BUt I would have to say. If it is a par 3(90% usually is) then second, third,and more would be putts!!!! Weather it is 10ft or 200 ft!!! Just my 2cents!!!! But who am I!!!! I suck!!!!

When I'm determining what a putt is, if It meets any of these criteria, then it's a putt.

1) Inside the circle (33').

2) If I'm trying to make the shot.

3) If I'm using a putting motion.

If it's an easy hole to ace, then the drive doesn't count as a putt. Also, if I'm using a putting motion to get out of brush 150' from the pin, that doesn't count either.

No. I am too lazy. Or too busy dealing with the kids when I get home. Maybe I will start in January. that will begin my 2nd year playing. No more excuses.

I use it, but not all the time. I don't usually write down my score on a scorecard, because one of the guys I play with most of the time has a scorecard app on his i-pod. If I can remember how I played each hole, I've gotten to where I always record the score. If not, I don't. Now if Chuck lets me borrow his i-pod, I'll transfer the data onto here.

I do have to say, I like the scorebook. It's another great feature of this awesome website.

I record all rounds since I have joined this site. Also record on another site and in my own spreadsheet. It has helped me see trends in my game and where to improve. I just wish I had some of my scores from years ago.

Only 3 or 4 people regularly use this site's scorebook in my area. I may stop recording on this site because a couple of the courses I play are mostly my scores.

Latest posts