• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Does Anyone Use Millennium Discs?

I only throw an old quantum ce QJLS now. In the past I tried a QMS, but it had little glide. The omegas are very popular but it just depends where your at in the country. Where I live in SoCal it's ruled by Innova, legacy and DGA. So you don't see that much millenium.

Good point, Lion. I have an Omega SS which is great for hilly courses. Other than that, I had an Sirius Orion LS some time back but put it up on the PIF thread. Seems like there was too much overlap with other Innova discs so I didn't have much need to keep it, or other Millenniums in the bag.

I know my friends love the Quasar. They say its like a boss but better. I can't throw 13 speed drivers unless they are understable but a lot of people like these discs.

Has anyone else tried the Scorpius?

I've turned a few locals off their S/DS and onto the S-Scorpius because of how stable and reliable the Scorpius is

The Q-Scorpius has less fade but absolutely crushes

I haven't thrown much Millennium, but I have only heard good things. I've got a no run Omega SS that I'll use for approaches every now and then. Makes a great catch disc.
One of my 3 aces was with a no run EXP 1(the one with pro plastic). I rarely threw that thing, but it had some nice S curves.
I gave a lighter weight PLS to my dad for his main driver. That's a great control disc for someone without much power.
I've got a hankering to try an SOLF or QOLF as a bridge between my teebirds and wraiths.

Slower than Orc and generally more power stable. It has more LSS when new. Overall more control. You can get a M or SOLF that will turn like a Wraith when seasoned. The QOLF is more like a stable eagle, but longer, and will take longer to season in

To me it can also handle a good deal more lines than the Orc. The Orc was really only good for long straight flips or flat shots. The OLF will handle torque and side to side movement better

A lot of people around here don't even know they exisist. No exagerration. I think people around here have more knowledge of Quest and Lightning than they do of Millenium. Some of the shops in the Denver area carry a little Millenium, but it's pretty rare to see it out on the course, even in huge tournaments.

Millenium actually used to be a huge company (yes, I'm old enough to remember it) but somewhere along the line they started doing what not too many companies in the DG world do: focused on manufacturing a few tried-and-true favorites and sticking by their fans and giving them what they want. Sound business strategy.

Honestly, the names are a turn off. I always mix up names like these. I feel I'm better off steering clear of em for the time being while researching them when I think about it.

Let's see...in my bag is:

2/ 1.1 SOF
1/ SE MFSent
1/No run JLS
1/CE X-out JLS
2/1st Run SJLS
1/SOLS
2/1st Run OLF (zipper tops)
1/CE QMS
1/1st Run Quasar
1/1.8 QJLS (Mis-stamped QPLS)
1/Omega Putter

...yep....I like Millennium.

Hahaha! I knew Okie-J would have something to say here!

My first putter was an Omega super soft. I still like it. Just like a soft Aviar to me but a good disc nonetheless.

Since we're in the Millennium thread here, what's the difference between the Polaris LS and the JLS?

Same speed and rim width, i believe.
In my experience:
Polaris LS (8\5\-2\1) is more understable, so it won't "come back" or fade out if thrown with any speed. Lots of glide. Great disc for noobs, kids, female. Very underrated.
JLS (8\5\-2\1) is more stable, so it is more likely to "come back" or fade out at the end of flight. Also a good bit more forgiving and can handle power a little better.

Having said all that, these discs come in a variety of plastics, but I'm comparing these discs in Millennium plastic.

The QPLS is actually the most stable fairway driver that Millennium makes. It is radically different from the MPLS

just in case anyone buys a PLS and expects the QPLS to be flippy

JLS is the only one I have ever used and I liked it. Problem is that I like a bunch of other Innoba discs better.

Same speed and rim width, i believe.
In my experience:
Polaris LS (8\5\-2\1) is more understable, so it won't "come back" or fade out if thrown with any speed. Lots of glide. Great disc for noobs, kids, female. Very underrated.
JLS (8\5\-2\1) is more stable, so it is more likely to "come back" or fade out at the end of flight. Also a good bit more forgiving and can handle power a little better.

Having said all that, these discs come in a variety of plastics, but I'm comparing these discs in Millennium plastic.

Thanks! Thinking about the JLS when Disc Nation has them back in Millennium plastic.