• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Does Anyone Use Millennium Discs?

This is the brand's ceiling.

Don't get me wrong, I know people that use em, and I don't doubt em. As a noobie, I would like to know the name of my disc when I throw it. I always look at em when I'm at the local shop, and there are so many short just letter names with stamps that are hard to read to the untrained eye. I just get turned off. I have to read the names else where to get any knowledge of the discs.

Mill discs in my bag currently:
170g bottom stamped sirius scorpius
166g sirius scorpius
170g qolf (x-out w/ sirius stamp)
162 qolf (pearly)
164 1.1 solf (beat)
166 1.1 solf
175 ce qms x-out (beat)
175 sparkle qms

Never have, and probably never will. Not a fan of the naming and plenty happy with other companies so I have not felt the need to investigate them any further. Nothing bad to say about them as I have no experience with them to know any better. Sorry.

I could be wrong but I think the naming and lack of Millennium knowledge might give me a slight advantage during tournaments. When I am first on the pad and pop off a great drive straight into the wind the others on my card ask "what was that?" I turn to them and say Millennium or Orion and their eyes glaze over and they nod like they knew what I just threw. No "wind reads" for them :)

Don't get me wrong, I know people that use em, and I don't doubt em. As a noobie, I would like to know the name of my disc when I throw it. I always look at em when I'm at the local shop, and there are so many short just letter names with stamps that are hard to read to the untrained eye. I just get turned off. I have to read the names else where to get any knowledge of the discs.
Nah, it's good stuff and I know a bunch of MILL throwers. I was totally serious, the names hurt them.

It's less common knowledge on DGCR nowdays, but I started my career at Millennium and I did their graphics and marketing for a few years. The naming scheme is a severe detriment to the marketability of the brand. It's effective for SOME people, but overall it's a hindrance.

One of my plans that didn't come to fruition before I left was to rebrand the discs and put them in a big box like Toys R Us. New names and artwork suited to kids -- it would've been huge. The redesign of the SuperSoft stamp turned into huge, huge sales... I can only imagine what a rebrand & revival could have done for them. That's partially happening now with the new owners... at least the models are flowing!

I could be wrong but I think the naming and lack of Millennium knowledge might give me a slight advantage during tournaments. When I am first on the pad and pop off a great drive straight into the wind the others on my card ask "what was that?" I turn to them and say Millennium or Orion and their eyes glaze over and they nod like they knew what I just threw. No "wind reads" for them :)

I get that "what was that?" a good deal. It's usually my QOLF. I used to say "QOLF", but no one knows what that is so now I just say Orion Fade

I get that "what was that?" a good deal. It's usually my QOLF. I used to say "QOLF", but no one knows what that is so now I just say Orion Fade

It's even funnier when you don't specify which orion. If they don't ask which one afterward than you know they don't know :) Might not work for you being on the team and needing to spread good knowledge and stuff.

Nah, it's good stuff and I know a bunch of MILL throwers. I was totally serious, the names hurt them.

It's less common knowledge on DGCR nowdays, but I started my career at Millennium and I did their graphics and marketing for a few years. The naming scheme is a severe detriment to the marketability of the brand. It's effective for SOME people, but overall it's a hindrance.

One of my plans that didn't come to fruition before I left was to rebrand the discs and put them in a big box like Toys R Us. New names and artwork suited to kids -- it would've been huge. The redesign of the SuperSoft stamp turned into huge, huge sales... I can only imagine what a rebrand & revival could have done for them. That's partially happening now with the new owners... at least the models are flowing!

concur with this. Rebranding the disc names and stamps would be a huge improvement to the existing millennium image. It could be done like Discmania ala PD Freak..... OLF Starship, anyone? :D

I understand the confusion with the names of Millennium stuff and the turn off they can be. It's not hard once you get it though.

One thing a lot of you newer guys may not know is that Millennium is the original/first premium plastic disc golf company. Before them it was all DX or whatever Lighting and Discraft had going as base plastic.

I can't describe the love I have for Millennium.

Last edited:
Yep.

In the past I've used a qms, jls, qjls, sjls, sols, olf, solf and qolf. They are all fine molds and the qolf is one of my favorite golf discs, and sometimes creeps back in my bag.

Currently have a Quasar in the bag. Nothing has ever flown further for me. Rollers aside, I think Quasars are the only discs I've hit 500 with.

Anyone have any experience with the sparkle QJLS. I just got a couple, and they seem much more overstable than I remember a QJLS being. They are max weight and blue.

Are they 1.10 and flat?

The 1.9 are domey and straight. The 1.10 came out flat and looked more stable but I haven't thrown one

They are the 1.9's.

Maybe my previous experience with the QJLS was what was off. Maybe I had gotten a couple of flippy ones, and had assumed the mold was flippy.

Q-Sentinel, discovered it in '06 after my bag was stolen and needed a new Roc but the shop didn't have any. Pretty much instantly replaced my Roc. Have had 5-6 aces with them since. Solid line shaper very overstable but predictable fade finish, great low profile grip.

Yes i carry a Q-Sent depending on the course, i'm probably gonna pick up some of the new Sparkle Q sents that are out...

I have a lot of Millennium plastic. I have eight SOLF's in various weights and a 1.1 QOLF. Great disc.

I have a couple of old Omega SS putters. I don't use them, but I really like the feel of the plastic. I can't bring myself to get rid of them, but I doubt I'll ever use them again.

I like the SOLS a lot. It's flight would compare to a star Beast, but seems to feel better in my hand. The MOLS is easier to turn over and shape shots with.

QJLS (sparkle 1.9) is a really nice disc. My old noodle arm can get this disc out past 300 feet. I don't know why people say it's a "short" disc. I have a MJLS I bought at Selah Ranch that I haven't thrown yet. I always liked the long straight with fade at the very end flight.

Polaris LS in millennium plastic is a very good stand still or turnover driver for me. A heavy one will fly dead straight and land almost flat (almost no fade) when thrown hard. I really like this disc on wooded courses. They're really easy to come by in Texas.

The Quasar is a good "into the wind" and forehand disc for me. I also like them better than the Boss. They tend to stay straight longer than a Boss will.

The Aurora MS and Sentinel are both great mids.

I have a zero-g Scorpius that's OK I guess. I haven't thrown it much, but I'm not a big fan of the new bubble plastics.

The Astra is not one of my favorite molds... then again, I don't like the Archon either.

Millennium makes a good product. Maybe they should rename all of their discs to appeal to a wider customer base.

Latest posts