• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does it snow in Texas??? Here's your answer.

D/FW. West of FW by a little but not to much

I went to Dallas on Thursday to the Grenada theater to see Al Dimeola. It was snowing when I left at noon and was still snowing at 6:30 in the morning when I got back home. I had never driven 600 miles in the snow before. The drive there was not bad because no slush had formed on I-20 and I was driving about 76 all the way until I reached my exit for 80. It was slushed a little. The way back was MUCH slower. I averaged about 45 mph on the return trip. It took 6 1/2 hours to drive 300 miles because only 1 lane was drivable on I-20 on the way home. Had a blast and threw many snow balls, some at strangers. (huge snowball fight in the parking lot)

Nice pics. Hope you're enjoying the snow golf this year. I know that I am. Of course, snow's nothin out of the ordinary "in these parts." I hope that you really get to take advantage of it.

I live in Texas to avoid snow. It's almost melted, but now the creeks and rivers are flooded. We may get some light snow tonight... =(

I'm ready for 102 degrees in the shade drinking cold beer with friends...

Played a round yesterday and it was fun as hell

when it snows in texas is it like in georgia where everything shuts down and people become incapable?

when it snows in texas is it like in georgia where everything shuts down and people become incapable?
This time everyone tried to put on their Big Boy Pants and tough it out and businesses and schools stayed open...until noon. Then they got scared it wasn't ever going to stop snowing and sheltered themselves for the duration of the weekend.

I'm ready for 102 degrees in the shade drinking cold beer with friends...

No thank you!I moved out of north Texas to Denver for that reason.I can put a coat on,I can't take my skin off.Of course I'm warm-blooded so to each their own.I'm very much enjoying the climate up here.

Latest posts