• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does Oakley's sponsorship of the European Open make you want to wear them?

Are you more likely to wear Oakley's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't wear Sunglasses very often. So, no.

I wear sunglasses all the time but refuse to pay more than $20 for them. It was an expensive lesson to learn.

Whether a company sponsors something I'm into or not doesn't affect my purchasing decisions at all.

Well, at least we all have a good idea now why disc golf will never be on TV or a mainstream sport. If you want something to grow we need to support its sponsors and the poll here clearly says the majority of us aren't interested in doing that.

Sweet, very nice to be ahead of the curve as a long time Oakley buyer. Kudos to Oakley for testing the DG waters hopefully this works out for all involved. :cool:

I don't wear sunglasses, so thats different, I try and buy vibram based shoes as they sponsor disc golf.

I wonder why you'd vote no on this poll if you already wear Oakleys. Either not voting or a yes would seem to be in order.

I think it's very cool, i actually buy cheap sunglasses due to my nasty habit of breaking them constantly. went through too many nice pairs before learning that lesson (Oakley, and others).

So in this case it's a no, but in most other cases, i do try to support those who support the sport more than those who don't. I want the sport to grow, so I want to try to support those who support my sport.

I do the same thing locally with waterskiing and wakeboarding. When those tournaments are in town, I always check the sponsor list and try to support them with my business where applicable.

I don't wear sunglasses, so maybe that's why I thought more along the apparel lines when I saw Oakley. They made shoes for a while, is that still the case?

I do try to buy Bell's whenever I can, so there's that. (not sold locally)

Got my first pair of Factory Pilots (look like goggles, yellow frame, LARGE lens) when I started bicycle commuting in 1985. I've been through several styles since. I'm lucky that a friend I used to play racquetball with also runs a family motorcycle shop here so I would get advance notice of cool new stuff. Good to see them sponsoring DG and maybe we'll see more of their apparel at DG events.

Oakley the famous brand of sunglasses recently sponsored the European Open. Does this make disc golfers more likely to support them? I would like to know if you want to wear them or not.

I voted no because I don't think it make golfers more likely to wear Oakley's. It does not change the fact that I already own a dozen or more pairs and have been wearing them for many years.

I'm not much of a sunglasses guy. I just squint if its a little too bright for having wide eyes.

If squinting sponsored disc golf events, I would be more likely to squint.

yes, just like with Keen. When I order from Keen I leave in the comment section "thank you for supporting disc golf." and if I leave a review I say it there too. I don't typically wear shades on the course but I do need a new pair here soon and will go with Oakley now.

Well, at least we all have a good idea now why disc golf will never be on TV or a mainstream sport. If you want something to grow we need to support its sponsors and the poll here clearly says the majority of us aren't interested in doing that.

Key word, if. I play for fun, I don't watch TV.

I already want to wear them. My friend had me hold on to his while he did something. They are really awesome. I just can't put the $$ out for them. The fact that they sponsor disc golf is awesome, but doesn't help the $$ problem.

I bought a pair on oakleyvault.com. It is Oakley's discount site. Much cheaper but less selection. A new pair of crankcases for $55 isn't bad