• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dogs don't belong on disc golf courses

it's his signature, why do you tell us all who you are following everytime :)
more importantly why am I not on the list

dogs in tournament rounds - no

otherwise, if you don't like playing in a group with a dog - find another group to play with.

i love playing in a group with a well-behaved dog. i used to play with a guy in texas that had a golden retriever that would swim into a creek and dive down to retrieve a disc without any teeth marks.

if you don't pick up after your dog - bad

if your dog runs off and disrupts the play of other groups - put 'em on a leash

it's VERY simple.

For those who have done so in this thread so far, in the words of Michael Kelso "*Makes sound of cocking a shotgun* BURN!!!!"

I dont hate all dogs. Just the ones that run up to you and jump on you, or are agressave like that....Just not a dog person.... If the dog is chilln then its allright. But even walking down the road, i see a dog comming my direction...other side of the road i go...

I ran into a guy on a course a couple of months ago. His dog ran up to me and jumped on me, it was a big dog so his paws were on my shirt. Unfortunately, it was muddy outside and the dog got mud all over my shirt. The owner laughed at first then apologized. I was letting him play through, so I waited till he picked up his bag to walk away and I smeared mud on his shirt. I laughed, then I apologized.

Why do I play disc golf? So I can go out and have fun with my dog. She loves it as much as I do. YOU try to take that away from me and i'll quit the game before I leave my dog at home.
And like Beereakfest says, if the dog is not in YOUR group and is on a leash how can that affect your game.
I always say that people who don't like dogs have no soul. I guess Jesus has no soul. :thmbdown:
Sorry, but this thread got me pissed off.

I stated, in this thread, that I like dogs. You should try that whole reading thing, before you get all uppity.

I don't know who said it then removed it but it was a well done burn. Something to the extent of "It's selfish to lock your dog up and enjoy the wilderness by yourself."

That really doesn't make sense, when you think about it. I'll give you a couple of minutes.

I ran into a guy on a course a couple of months ago. His dog ran up to me and jumped on me, it was a big dog so his paws were on my shirt. Unfortunately, it was muddy outside and the dog got mud all over my shirt. The owner laughed at first then apologized. I was letting him play through, so I waited till he picked up his bag to walk away and I smeared mud on his shirt. I laughed, then I apologized.

Mature move, no really.

I don't care for dogs not on a leash. I'm pretty allergic to dogs, can't pet one or be in the same house as a dog for 2 long. If a dog licks my leg, the spot where they licked itches like a sumbish. I just don't see why some people think everyone wants to pet their dog and don't care if their dog runs up to some stranger. It seems like the little dogs (and their "parents") are the most annoying.

stop making such horribly misguided and completely wrong statements then :)
You keep assuming that whatever you feel about dogs is how WE ALL FEEL about them. that's what your first 10 posts were about.

very childish and crap is also not a bad word.

-Scott Lewis

I like that you counter my "assumptions" with assumptions of your own. Also, the word you are looking for is incorrect, not "wrong".

Latest posts