• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dogs don't belong on disc golf courses

It was about time for a non-politically correct response. lol ....f**k you; you animal hating bas***d, would have clarified things a bit.

It was about time for a non-politically correct response. lol ....f**k you; you animal hating bas***d, would have clarified things a bit.

well put, TP

i'm thinking that the majority of the disc throwin' world won't have any problem with a dog as long as it's well-behaved and the owner tends to him/her properly. :D

I've played with another local here in the Phoenix area that always brings his dog, "Cannon". I had heard about the dog retrieving discs from the water on command, but figured it was a tall tale until I witnessed it myself. This dog stays right next to his owner at all times, until commanded to retrieve the disc. The first time I saw it, I couldn't believe my eyes. He ran into a stream after my disc, brought it back to me and there wasn't even a single tooth mark on it. I am not only OK with Cannon being on the course, but I encourage it.

my dog is well behaved on the course and is a well known celebrity. More peeps know him than me. If the dog is behaved i'm fine with it. Plus I live in the mountains and everyone has a dog.

I've played with another local here in the Phoenix area that always brings his dog, "Cannon". I had heard about the dog retrieving discs from the water on command, but figured it was a tall tale until I witnessed it myself. This dog stays right next to his owner at all times, until commanded to retrieve the disc. The first time I saw it, I couldn't believe my eyes. He ran into a stream after my disc, brought it back to me and there wasn't even a single tooth mark on it. I am not only OK with Cannon being on the course, but I encourage it.

that is a cool DG dog. does he carry a bag too?

It's simple. Just ban all dogs and children and joggers and walkers and pic-nic'ers and hippies and bums and squirrels from the parks. Because it's all of those people wanting to share the park that are the selfish ones! How dare they make me wait or inadvertently distract me....the gall some of these people/animals have...we need to round them all up and put 'em in cages so I can play my disc golf in peace.

It would be cool if you had a pet orangutan like Philo Beddoe. You could bring it to the course and teach it how to throw. If anyone got a disc in a tree you could send it up. If someone made you mad you could say "Right turn what's your name" and the monkey would knock the person out for you. You could carry some little baggies to pick up the oranutan poop. You could train it to flip everyone off when you make a long putt.

[QUOTIt's simple. Just ban all dogs and children and joggers and walkers and pic-nic'ers and hippies and bums and squirrels from the parks. Because it's all of those people wanting to share the park that are the selfish ones! How dare they make me wait or inadvertently distract me....the gall some of these people/animals have...we need to round them all up and put 'em in cages so I can play my disc golf in peaceE][/QUOTE]

Can we include wererabbits in that discussion? The guys in the Fort Worth area claim there are some viscious rabbits in TX. I'd say if it has teeth, legs, mouth or it defecates we don't let it on the course while we're playing. How about reptiles??? I REALLY don't like them.

But seriously, it's real simple. Wild animals are OK. Keep your domestics at home unless you are willing to clean up after them and make them behave. If they are trained to hunt discs and you pick up the poop all is good. I love my dogs, but they would absolutely SUCK on the course.

But seriously, it's real simple. Wild animals are OK. Keep your domestics at home unless you are willing to clean up after them and make them behave. If they are trained to hunt discs and you pick up the poop all is good. I love my dogs, but they would absolutely SUCK on the course.

IF ONLY all dog owners were this honest about it. :clap:

It's simple. Just ban all dogs and children and joggers and walkers and pic-nic'ers and hippies and bums and squirrels from the parks. Because it's all of those people wanting to share the park that are the selfish ones! How dare they make me wait or inadvertently distract me....the gall some of these people/animals have...we need to round them all up and put 'em in cages so I can play my disc golf in peace.

you sound like hitler to the jews:|

I would appreciate it if you would be a little more civil when disagreeing with my opinions. It's ok to disagree, but it's not ok to use swear words.

stop making such horribly misguided and completely wrong statements then :)
You keep assuming that whatever you feel about dogs is how WE ALL FEEL about them. that's what your first 10 posts were about.

very childish and crap is also not a bad word.

-Scott Lewis

stop making such horribly misguided and completely wrong statements then :)
You keep assuming that whatever you feel about dogs is how WE ALL FEEL about them. that's what your first 10 posts were about.

very childish and crap is also not a bad word.

-Scott Lewis

ooooOOOOO...SNAP!:clap:

As long as the dogs are trained and the owner keeps them in his/her vicinity and cleans up after them, I'm all for dogs on the course.

I was at Pier Park in Portland and saw a lab wearing saddle bags carrying the owner's discs. He was off leash but never strayed more than 5 feet from the owner and was just happy enjoying what he thought was just a walk in the park.

Dogs are awesome, its the owners who don't know how to take care of them that are the problem.

+1

-Scott Lewis

I prefer dogs on the course to people drinking on the course, more dog walkers clean up after their dogs than drinkers who pick up their beer cans.

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING :) and the world didn't end ;)

-Scott Lewis

:popcorn: It's coming.

people seem to be in near agreement. most say casual yes, tourney no
Are people arguing for their dogs rights or to add one to their post count?

Latest posts