• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dogs don't belong on disc golf courses

No sale. Keep the dog at home.

But what if ur dong finds a disc in the woods with a name on it, should you call, even tho it's got dog bites in it?

Anyhow, i agree, some people hate dogs and don't like them around. Im sure it won't hurt the dog to stay at home for an hour or so.

Would you bring your dog to a ball golf course?

Disc golf isn't the same as ball golf they are often courses in public parks. Ball golf is often private and must be payed to play a course. If you want to argue that you shouldn't see dogs on pay-to-play courses then fine I don't care.

Disc golf isn't the same as ball golf they are often courses in public parks. Ball golf is often private and must be payed to play a course. If you want to argue that you shouldn't see dogs on pay-to-play courses then fine I don't care.

You'll never get better if you have your dog with you on the course. Everyone hates the dog person, whether they say anything or not. True story.

http://files.kavefish.com/pictures/dog_smoking_weed.jpg

I know all these Pot Smoking Dogs giving our sport a bad name..I mean if we could get rid of the stoner dogs the public would be more receptive to our sport.

In all seriousness I know I have played rounds with very well behaved friendly dogs who actually wait until you throw to walk ahead...these dogs add to the experience

I have also played with the wild chase the squirrels bark stand in the middle of my shot dog that constantly disrupts my round and good time

I love dogs ...but they don't all belong on the course but some are a joy to walk a round with.

You'll never get better if you have your dog with you on the course. Everyone hates the dog person, whether they say anything or not. True story.

You'll never get better if you always focus on the negatives. Dogs are awesome. What does a dog do different that a ignorant person doesn't?

Complete crap, and I'm not the dog person either. The only way I would mind is if they attempt to bring them out for a tourney, otherwise, bring the dogs on. Most of the time, it's a public park and it's good for the dogs to get out anyways. Plus, they make great caddies sometimes.

You'll never get better if you always focus on the negatives. Dogs are awesome. What does a dog do different that a ignorant person doesn't?

Actually, focusing on the weaker aspects of my game is probably the most important part of my development.

I love dogs, just not on the disc golf course. Only selfish people would bring their dogs out. Yes, courses are in public parks. So are baseball fields, tracks and walking paths. Would you be ok with kids playing catch on the disc golf course, it is a public park, afterall?

Complete crap, and I'm not the dog person either. The only way I would mind is if they attempt to bring them out for a tourney, otherwise, bring the dogs on. Most of the time, it's a public park and it's good for the dogs to get out anyways. Plus, they make great caddies sometimes.

I would appreciate it if you would be a little more civil when disagreeing with my opinions. It's ok to disagree, but it's not ok to use swear words.

I hate when im sitting at a table waiting to let some guy play through, and his dog comes running up and jumping on me and stuff, i don't like dogs, thats why i agree they should be kept on a leash or left at home.

There are a few players on my local course that walk their dog when playing alone. They both treat the course like private land, and clean up after their dogs so players don't step in it. Never once been a problem.

Well somehow everyone includes me which you shouldn't be speaking for because I've met a pretty badly behaved dog who's owner played with us(no barking, but badly behaved). I didn't hate that person one bit so you should only speak for yourself.

In all seriousness I know I have played rounds with very well behaved friendly dogs who actually wait until you throw to walk ahead...these dogs add to the experience

I have also played with the wild chase the squirrels bark stand in the middle of my shot dog that constantly disrupts my round and good time

I love dogs ...but they don't all belong on the course but some are a joy to walk a round with.

I saw a dog that would stand in front of the thrower and watch the disc, not go after it which is good, but me and my friends were thinking that dog may suddenly learn a lesson when a disc is accidentally driven into it.

I have had kids playing with their lacrosse ball/sticks on the course. You have to be OK with it...it's not your land. A Selfish person locks their dog up and enjoys the wilderness to themselves.

Only problem I have with dogs on the course is their pooh. Other than pooh and barking I feel squirrels are more distracting.

Anyway, that stinks that you can't enjoy your rounds because of a little four legged fury friend. I bet you would change your tune if a pack of dingos came your way. the dingo ate my baby